PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the most embarrasing/infamous Patriots player ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about the Rutleledge-Coates race/crash/escape ordeal.

It was both of them. Irving Fryer getting stabbed by his wife was quite the story at that time.

Wasn't Dave Meggett a sexual predator?? I think he has to be right up there. :bricks:

yeah. it was embarrasing to watch. him and Beisel.

I was watching highlights of Tomlinson and they had to from that horrible game against us two years ago. Beisel made the most pathetic attempts at tackles I have ever seen. He got run over by a running back who isn't even known for his power.

Sullivan taunting the Raiders from the sideline.... Anyone who makes Matt Millan a sympathetic figures is really doing his homework...

Tearing down the goalposts only to see some happy revelers electrocuted... Gotta be in the top ten... (Oh wait, this is the Pats, top twenty)...

Didn't he get caught with Ecstasy coming over the border and blamed it on his cousin, too?

Also, Terry Glenn with the sunglasses on saying "You do the math...I D-I-D did!"

The story about Law is that he told Carroll that he was afraid to fly home from Buffalo because it had been snowing. They allowed him to drive....he decided to take a little detour.

I rather fancy the guy who had the sheer effrontery to get into a auto accident and die. A week or so before the Patriots drafted him.

I really forget his name. I think he was a third round pick too...

It's obvious he was more suited to be a... New Orleans Saint ... or a Jersey Devil...

Last edited:
Irving fryar smashing his car into a tree at half time of a game ranks up there, he also almost cut his finger off with a kichen knife a few days before the super bowl in 86

this interests me, could someone explain the story behind this to those of us who weren't around then. thanks.

this interests me, could someone explain the story behind this to those of us who weren't around then. thanks.
He hurt himself in the first half, he left the stadium during the game then hit a tree

I was watching highlights of Tomlinson and they had to from that horrible game against us two years ago. Beisel made the most pathetic attempts at tackles I have ever seen. He got run over by a running back who isn't even known for his power.

I've been watching the Patriots since about '61 and Biesle is the only linebacker I've seen turn sideways like a bullfighter to avoid contact. I think it was a different play too.

I don't care about off field so much, but Fryar was a walking sitcom of misadventures.

OK, this is hearsay and barely on topic but...

I know somebody who bought Ron Erhardt's old house after he shipped out as HC. The real estate agent at the time swore that the back porch was built by Patriots players -- presumably desperate offseason scrubs -- that Erhardt lured out from Foxboro for free labor.

We've had some pretty 'infamous" moments mentioned, but I am surprised that this one hadn't been mentioned yet.

I have to say that THIS was the most embarrassing and infamous moment in Patriots history, imho.

Bill Parcells negotiating and signing a contract to take over the Jets prior to the Pats playing the Packers in the SB. I still believe that Parcells purposely made changes in the game plan that allowed the Packers to win that game. I also believe that Parcells purposely didn't dress the best players the Pats had on that team. Most notably, Troy Brown and Sam Gash.

We've had some pretty 'infamous" moments mentioned, but I am surprised that this one hadn't been mentioned yet.

I have to say that THIS was the most embarrassing and infamous moment in Patriots history, imho.

Bill Parcells negotiating and signing a contract to take over the Jets prior to the Pats playing the Packers in the SB. I still believe that Parcells purposely made changes in the game plan that allowed the Packers to win that game. I also believe that Parcells purposely didn't dress the best players the Pats had on that team. Most notably, Troy Brown and Sam Gash.

You know, I wanted to say that but I was afraid of the backlash. Those phone records from the hotel room were pretty bad.

Oh, I assumed this meant besides Tony Eason.

I'm not that macho, but it is football and pansies on the field embarass me.

scouts.jpg

Hart Lee Dykes has gotta be up there.

Sullivan taunting the Raiders from the sideline.... Anyone who makes Matt Millan a sympathetic figures is really doing his homework...

Great selection but Pats GM Sullivan did more than taunt throughout the game . . . Matt Millan landed punches on Sullivan for those sideline taunts (many aimed at Massachusetts born Raider Howie Long) as the teams walked off the field moments after the Pats playoff victory at the Raiders.

Funny side story. Star LB Steve Nelson was walking off the field with a teamate when they saw Sullivan getting punched by Millen. Nelson looked at his teamate and they both just shook their heads and kept walking. Can you imagine Pioli getting hammered by Zach Thomas after a playoff game and Tedy Bruschi not coming to Pioli's aid? The Pats have come a long way since the Fighting Sullivan clan.

It wasn't the worst but it has not been mentioned . . . Phil Olson (Pro Bowler Merlin's younger brother) was the Pats first round selection in 1970. Knowing what a mess Sullivan's Patriots were at the time, Olson had a very public, very embarrasing holdout. Olson didn't want the Pats money because they
really sucked back then. Great background research by the front office of a top five pick. The Pats were forced to trade Olson's draft rights. We were a league wide joke.

At the time I hated Phil Olsen for it but upon reflection, the guy took the action he needed for his own livelihood. The Sullivans were pitiful and paid little in that pre salary cap era. How and why many of us remained stalwart Pats fans through decades of ineptitude is worthy of psychological analysis.

Gotta luv the 21st century!

Great contributions all....what a team, I have lived through each and every one of them.

I have to say the Zeke Mowatt incident (with Kiam "joke" as a sweetener)is without question the #1 all time lowest moment I can recall.

Again, we can only say thanks to the Krafts for changing everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back