Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who is the bigger cheater?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by nowayback, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nowayback

nowayback Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

polian and co. for changing the rules or how they are enforced...with 5 yard contact rule or the PI rule ....to suit his team especially. those are rules specifically aimed at the patriots and for the colts. how fair was that?
    so we have a game....but guess what...we cant win with those rules...what to do...ok lets change them!!!

2. cubicle_6

cubicle_6 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If Belichick wants to be allowed to aim a camera at opposing coaches, he needs to get on the competition committee and get the rule changed.
    Until then, you're only asking for trouble if you do this.

Sucks, but Polian and Fisher are laughing their asses off right now as they convene to take a look at the tape headed their way.

3. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +505 / 37 / -7

Apparently you have no idea what the word "cheater" means. I would suggest a dictionery.

4. nowayback

nowayback Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

cheating in this case would be changing the rules to punish one team that wins and help one team that loses to that team, so that they have a btter chance of beating them.

5. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

As much as I despise Polian and the Colts, I see no cheating there... just working the system.

And regardless, just because you find a bigger cheater doesn't make you less of a cheater... just a thought ;)

6. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +505 / 37 / -7

Polian and Shula long ago used the Rules Committee to enact rules to favor their teams. That is not cheating.

And just BTW, the new patriots will appreciate the Ty Law rule.

7. FloridaPatsFan

FloridaPatsFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Every team in the NFL is trying to decipher the opponents play calling. The Jets were most certainly trying to steal our signs. But we got caught and I expect the Pats are going to get hammered down by the press and the league. I'm pretty sure they are going to make an example of us when the fines are handed down.

Unfortunately, Bill Polian is going to be calling Goodell relentlessly to encourage him to hammer us hard.

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I am ashamed of the number of fans on this site who have found it necessary to post thread-after-thread about the non-issue of stealing signals.

We just played on of the most dominant games in years, our team looks very powerful and we have a playoff type game this Sunday that has far reaching implications and you're all acting like Patriots turn-coats.

Stop it, you're embaressing me and insulting everything the Patriots have done for us...

AND IT'S MAKING ME SICK!:mad:

LET'S ALL CUT THE CRAP HERE AND SUPPORT THE BEST COACH ANY TEAM COULD EVER HAVE! OTHERWISE WE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!

9. oldskool138

oldskool138 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Triple post...C'mon dude post something that will bring something to the conversation.

10. UglyPatriots

UglyPatriots Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

your spelling is also embaressing. patriot fans should be upset that there are asterisks next to their three super bowl wins now. you're in the same category as barry bonds... did rodney harrison play in those super bowls also? should that be a double asterisk? one for cheating and one for steroids? hmmm....

11. workhorse

workhorse Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You need to lighten up. Even if I thought this was a big deal, which I don't, it's apples and oranges. Getting the league to enforce a rule already in the books can not be considered cheating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.