Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is the Best Tight End for the Patriots 2006 - 07 Season?

• #45 Garrett Mills 6'1" / 227 lbs.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • #86 David Thomas 6'3" / 246 lbs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #84 Benjamin Watson 6'3" / 253 lbs.

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • #82 Daniel Graham 6'3" / 257 lbs.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamtown

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
With the ever changing face of the Patriots, I am just curious to see who my fellow fans think will assume the very important Tight End Position in BB's Offense. We all know how TB loves to drop and fire the hot ball to the wings. Though the reciever situation has improved slightly, the Tight End will still be the difference maker in our passing game. So let's here it! GO PATS!

I actually forgot to give my pick! Ben Watson is the man. Big, rediculously fast, and can catch, block, and cut like a mad man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danial Graham. The dude is a beast, and a VERY GOOD RECEIVER who get's open, gets YAC and is a force in the redzone! People saying that he is mediocre as a receiver are living in the past. Remember the touchdown tear he went on before our line got banged up. Most of all the guy is a character guy and a team player! He's tight with Brady for a reason- he's a pro and a winner.

I love Ben Watson, too. He has great potential. He has a history of injuries in the pros and college, but will be a great receiving threat if he can stay healthy

Watson is still about potential. Graham is already in the top 15% of starting TEs in this league right now. Could Watson be better? Sure. But he's got to prove it on the field.

Depends what you're doing with them.

Graham is a very good pass-catching tight end. But the big difference he brings to the table is his blocking.

Watson has the potential to be an even better receiving tight end, and has begun to show that potential in action. I don't have much doubt where his development is going.

Personally, I think we need 'em both, and am happy to have both the new guys in the mix too -- all rumblings of Grahambo's departure aside.

PFnV

i like both Graham and Watson but i prefere a little bit Ben

Ben Coates, i miss that big crazy son of a *****.

Gonna go with Watson. This guy is a freak and I have a feeling he will have a breakout season.

re

If Watson is our best tight end, then why all the man-love for giving Graham 5Million/yr?

maverick4 said:
If Watson is our best tight end, then why all the man-love for giving Graham 5Million/yr?

Because its very fashionable to talk about what a great blocker he is, how underrated that is so that everyone can sound like they have a higher appreciation of football.

If blocking is the most important thing about playing TE then I suppose we should just plug a OL or DL in there...

But of course TE is one of those essential positions that keeps defenses honest. Having that big strong receiver threat keeps defenses off kilter - and based on what we've seen Watson is going to be a MAJOR thorn for DCs to contend with.

I know we've had our share of OL injuries requiring TEs to stay in and block but at this point in Graham's tenure, I was expecting much better offensive production.

Last edited by a moderator:
The BB offense I like the best requires 2 TE's and since the signature of the Patriots is great depth, no sense singling out 1 guy.

patsfan13 said:
The BB offense I like the best requires 2 TE's and since the signature of the Patriots is great depth, no sense singling out 1 guy.

Unfortunately how many games have we been able to see both Watson and Graham together in a 2 TE set at a time when they, and our OL was fully healthy?

That's been the theory I agree, but it just hasn't happend that I can recall, and many doubt that our OL will be healthy to start the season again this year (Koppen's injuries).

JoeSixPat said:
Unfortunately how many games have we been able to see both Watson and Graham together in a 2 TE set at a time when they, and our OL was fully healthy?

That's been the theory I agree, but it just hasn't happend that I can recall, and many doubt that our OL will be healthy to start the season again this year (Koppen's injuries).

If Graham gets beat up tangling with DE's how long would you expect Watson to last in a similar role? 3 games max? Remember he has already missed more games than Graham in his brief career. He just doesn't have the build.

Graham is the best, most well rouded TE on the team, in the AFC East, maybe the AFC. I'd love to see what he could do healthy for 16 games.

maverick4 said:

Wow! Where did the 5M/yr figure come from? The most I saw in other threads was 2M to 3M average?

No TE on this team deserves 5M, even you favorite, Watson. Given the amount of games he averages per year, that would be, what, 750k per game?

Last edited:
tailgater said:
Wow! Where did the 5M/yr figure come from? The most I saw in other threads was 2M to 3M average?

No TE on this team deserves 5M, even you favorite, Watson. Given the amount of games he averages per year, that would be, what, 750k per game?

seriously

I know I'm a Graham fan, and I'd be willing to go to $3.5 range for him...when I saw $5mil...well...I'm thinking that must have been hyperbole...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back