Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who is the best PatsFans.com contibutor?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by zarakotas5, Dec 4, 2007.

1. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They bring meat, style, subtance, facts, humor. You not only learn from them, but you wished you could say it like they do. Not necessarily that they are always right, or that you necessarily agree with them, but their points are thought out, valid, and well-written.

To start things off, I'll name off a few. As always, I can't name everyone. This idea is off the top of my head, it would be unwieldy, and I'm not perfect. I'm can't remember everyone and I haven't been keeping portfolios. It's simply a starting point. I believe the spycam viewfinder as been exceeded for those who skim, so...

My nominations, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

PFnV. Needs no introduction. Ignore my "in no particular order".

JoeSixPat Similar in style to PFnV. A little more subversive, but no less worthy. Keen perspective and very incisive.

unoriginal Timing is preternatural. Subdued, yet forceful in substance. Humor is beyond reproach, yet edgy. Humor does not bely factual or opined insight. He is always on point and generally tends towards the under-examined. Knows what is important and says it damn well.

T-Shirt Dynasty Similar to chupacabre these days, it seems. A fantastical legend that exists for a reason. Little seen, his effect on those who see him are enough to prove his existence to those who haven't. Or at least make them want to. If you have read his contributions, you understand. If you haven't, at least respect that he contributes in "unseen" ways.

Mainefan Total dark horse to most, I imagine. Like a hidden spider, he appears out of no where, succeeds in his natural way, and subsides until the need re-appears. He keeps his world in order, does it well, and goes unnoticed.

BelichickFan Total stalwart. He's like the Bruschi of PatsFans.com. Steady wins the race. Spectacular at times, shows up on SportsCenter, but thats not the point. When the game is on the line, he comes through. Meanwhile, you've since missed everything he's written that kept it close.

So, there's five, um, six, to start off the debate. To wit, I said I couldn't name everyone.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. Lockdown06

Lockdown06 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i'd add patsfanken and oswlek to that list
  3. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,351 / 16 / -18

Bob George
  4. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're right. They were on my honorable mention list, but I was afraid the post was getting too long. Thanks for responding.

I had an HM list that was getting up there. I erased it and cut it off with my last line. There are many, many posters whom I respect.

With all the infighting going on, the intention of this thread was to acknowledge those who actually benefit the site and to give a heads up to those people. Hopefully, it is a minor way to show that quality is appreciated.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  5. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Pats1

ATippett

PatFanKen

BelichickFan

Sebman(tons o numbers) 2112?

BrownFan80 when he visits

unoriginal

Those guys top my list. No offense to any others who i didnt include.
  6. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +343 / 8 / -14

Sweet, a popularity contest, what a great idea during this dry spell of possible thread topics.
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I hate these threads because I always leave someone out but :

patchick
    DaBruinz
    patfanken
    andyjohnson
    oswlek
    sebman
    seanbruschi54

are the ones off the top of my head where if I see a post it's an automatic click on the thread.
  8. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0

Oswelk, Andy Johnson, patfanken. Patsox23 is PHENOMENAL, as well. I like the way he suffers fools gladly and exudes patience.
  9. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No. You're missing the point.

If that's your bend, my friend, I can only imagine what your "real" life is like.

This is FAR from a popularity contest. This is the purist form of substance contest. In fact, the idea of popularity should be the farthest thing from it.

I will say that it is a contest to weed out the thoughtful from the reactionary.

It seems as if you've already shot yourself in the foot.
  10. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Funny that you replied, patsox23. I had you in my HM section. *Attention sh!thead that I just replied to*...

patsox23: I don't care for the way that you come off as a tough-guy and your technical writing skills aren't the best, BUT...

I consistently agree with most of what you say, from what I read. Like I said, you were in the HM. Sorry for the underhanded compliment so far.

Thing is, if one sees through your transgressions, you actually have valid arguments and bring up facts that have merit. You are also loyal, but not a sycophant. I read your posts fully, thought I often have reservations.

The point of this thread was to guage opinions on opinions.
  11. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +343 / 8 / -14

Maybe for you but 99 times out of 100 on a messageboard these things boil down to popularity.

Were you high when you wrote this? Even just a little? You can tell me.

Yeah and what with my post history showing how much effort I've made to just make sure everyone likes me too, all that work down the drain.
  12. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Man, I've got to improve my product then...:D

BOR, and Dryheat have made some very nice contributions to these boards, and I've especially found Patchick to be one of the better Mods I've encountered on the interweb. She's also quite the intelligent football fan.

OH, and since Patchick will likely read this, Patrick Willis is better than AJ Hawk, lol!:p
  13. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Patchick. No question. And Bella-chick. And the rest of the ladies. Bruschifan, or whatever the name is for the training camp lady.

A guy who was not mentioned at all in the previous lists. Sorry, you probably know who you are but I ain't gonna say it. Your posts are usually interesting and well thought out. ;)

Also, gotta give patfanken his dues. I usually agree with him because he doesn't leap to conclusions like some of the guys around here.

I used to like Brownfan80, but he seems to have disappeared lately.

I get a kick out of Shmessy.

Gameday is bringing the goodies, although thoughtful and technical stuff seems a particularily hard sell lately.

From what I have seen lately, Oswlek is coming on pretty good.

Chris Price is doing a good job.
  14. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

10 characters
  15. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

sebman, You and DH44, and even vjcpats, were on the honorable mention. I couldn't name everybody. In fact, Heatster was a favorite of mine and I admit he fell out of favor because I asked him for an opinion several times and he failed to deliver. Yet, he was on HM.

***OOOH. I just plain forgot about Patchick. She goes into the top five. Bad drafter, everything else is on point.
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Stupid topic.

What are we in high school here?

"Oh boy people, let's have a popularity contest!"

C'mon men, we're in the middle of a historic season and you find it necessary to discuss such irrelevant bs?
  17. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

BOR is a legend. Of course, his effort wasn't always true. He'd be the first to admit that. Willis is better than the Hawk.

Anyway...
  18. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No. Read the Maroney threads. The Meriweather threads.

You're missing the point, bro. I'm on your side. In the midst of this season we hear/talk about nothing but junk.

The point of this thread was to acknowledge that folks such as PFnV, JoeSixPat, T-Shirt Dynasty used to be a bastion of reason.

If you think this is a popularity contest you're not only missing the point, you're contributing to the problem.

For Christs sake.
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Please mark down my votes for Chad & Buffy!:rolleyes:
  20. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Alright then. You think I'm stupid and my thread is stupid.

What is your solution to separate the folks that really talk Pats football and those who just bust nuts they can't bust otherwise?

I intended this to be an appreciation thread for those who make this place great. You, like many, make it a place that people don't want to ever return to.

Is that what you want? Is your intention to be a know-it-all to other ********s?