PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the best Pats player at his position

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Moss.

The only thing about Moss, it seems, is you need a good QB to take advantage of what he does. He won't make a bad QB look that good.

For instance, consider when Moss runs the sideline routes. He creates this window up top where a QB can put the ball and only Moss will get to it. However, many QBs cannot get it to that spot in the first place.

I think Welker is the exact opposite... in a good way. Not only is he by far the best slot receiver in the league, but probably the best security blanket for an inexperienced QB - even better than Tony Gonzalez. His lateral movement and ability to get open is just unfair.

This is why his production hasn't gone down this year, while Cassel has been having a little bit of trouble finding Moss.

I think that the high snap you remember was by Connolly and was in the pre-season.

Didn't he blow a snap or two coming back from some injury?

I think in at least one case the holder saved a high snap.

And I think he's committed a penalty or two. :)

When it comes to the position of "playing-seven-yards-off-of-a-wide-receiver-at the-10-yard-line-and-getting-beaten-by-four-yards-on-a-fade-route," I'd have to say Ellis Hobbs is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes