Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is the 2nd best team in the NFL right now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Manling is gagging and choking, I don't think they're even in the top 10 anymore...maybe Polian will go out and get Ryan Leaf from that carwash he's working at...couldn't be any worse than "6 Picks".

The Colts remaining schedule and all future games are moot. Who is the best right now and only right now is the question. If you pick the Colts as the #2 team, you're saying you believe they'd beat Dallas if they played today.

35 people (at the time of my post) say it's Indianapolis.
I said it was Indianapolis.
I don't think it's really close, injuries or no injuries.
Maybe you're starting to listen to Steelers Trolls too much, telling you how the Steelers are really, really teh awesomezzz this time and aren't a fraud team playing a bs schedule like EVERY OTHER YEAR.

My God, have you SEEN Pittsburgh's secondary? Manning could have Raymond Berry and Clarence Verdin as his WRs and just absolutely light them up.

Addai would put up about 150 against Dallas, not to mention, Dallas wouldn't score more than 17.

Surely you don't think Dallas is the 2nd best team? You saw they play at home against the Patriots, yes? How about that solid performance on the road in Buffalo?

Green Bay? Really? You're buying Green Bay? God Bless ya...

I'm no Indianapolis fan, but to ridicule the 35 people who said Indianapolis is the 2nd best team is a little misguided on your part.

Ben Roethlisberger has emerged as a top 5 QB IMO. He is throwing the ball from every platform and he's doing so with incredible accuracy and strength. Add in his mobility and experiance, this guy will be making plays down the stretch run.

It's arguable that Willie Parker puts out the high yardage totals because of his carry total, but the man is durable and can shoulder the load. One of the fastest backs in the leauge, Parker is surprisngly very tough inside.

Hines Ward is a great blocker and still a good posession receiver while Santonio Holmes is nearly impossible to keep in check from stretching the field.

The Steelers are mammoth up front leading the way for Parker and co. Heath Miller is a damn good tight end as well as one of the best red zone targets in the game.

On defense, Mike Tomlin has that team playing the 3-4 to perfection. The young linebackers have really taken leadership and flying to the ball to a new level. Up front, Casey Hampton is one of the best DTs in football and the Steelers don't allow too many rushing yards.

In the secondary, they are all ball hawks especially Ike Taylor and Troy Polumalu.

Of all the teams out there, Pittsburgh presents the best matchup for the Patriots and that's why they're number 2.

P.S. I stil think the Chargers are going to have a say in things down the stretch. They're going to win the AFC West, get a home playoff game, win that and then take on the Pats or Colts in round 2.

Last edited:
The Colts remaining schedule and all future games are moot. Who is the best right now and only right now is the question. If you pick the Colts as the #2 team, you're saying you believe they'd beat Dallas if they played today.

Yes. With a healthy Clark and Harrison coming back I don't believe the Cowboys could keep up in a shoot-out with the Colts.

As of right now I'm going with Dallas. The Colts too many injuries,the Steelers too inconsistant,GB I haven't seen enough to make a judgement.

35 people (at the time of my post) say it's Indianapolis.
I said it was Indianapolis.
I don't think it's really close, injuries or no injuries.
Maybe you're starting to listen to Steelers Trolls too much, telling you how the Steelers are really, really teh awesomezzz this time and aren't a fraud team playing a bs schedule like EVERY OTHER YEAR.

My God, have you SEEN Pittsburgh's secondary? Manning could have Raymond Berry and Clarence Verdin as his WRs and just absolutely light them up.

Addai would put up about 150 against Dallas, not to mention, Dallas wouldn't score more than 17.

Surely you don't think Dallas is the 2nd best team? You saw they play at home against the Patriots, yes? How about that solid performance on the road in Buffalo?

Green Bay? Really? You're buying Green Bay? God Bless ya...

I'm no Indianapolis fan, but to ridicule the 35 people who said Indianapolis is the 2nd best team is a little misguided on your part.

I realize how many people have voted for Indy which is why I thought most of them are voting "who they believe will be the 2nd best team at the end of the year which is different than "right now"

And I think Dallas would have killed Indy last Sunday night, never mind today without Freeney. Do you think the Chargers can beat the Cowboys? IMO, the Colts defense will come down quite a few notches without Freeney.

Last edited:
Yes. With a healthy Clark and Harrison coming back I don't believe the Cowboys could keep up in a shoot-out with the Colts.

Just like I mentioned before...

Like they couldn't keep up with the Colts last year with a worse Cowboys team playing them?

Screw you man, half this board knows your a NE troll. I contribute more discussion to this board than you ever have. You're just a hater man. You can put that "pole" where the sun don't shine. As far as the "poll" goes, I think NE should be a choice. As for the roster, it's fine and dandy brother.

New england should not be on that poll because they are 100% set in stone, no arguments, the best team in the nfl. At the begining of the season i would have put the cots at number 2, but now, I think they'd be around the number 5 spot, behind I bet even the bills ( the way the both are playing now) and as far as your boy payton goes, he's simply showing that he is not the person who makes recivers stars, but rather the person that needs star recivers to make him a star....in short, "he is who we thought he was"

"HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE IS"

so why did he help beat us in the afccg?

"WE LET HIM OF THE HOOK."

Chargers, of course. Indianapolis was #2, we beat them last week, now we are #2.

Oh, how I wish I could believe that. :eek:

Last edited:
Right now I say the Steelers. R-whatever is playing well and they have a good defense. Early season losses don't matter right now.

Indy is too banged up. When the playoffs roll around Indy will probably be healthier and #2. Right now I think they lose to Pitt and Dallas.

I really considered Dallas for #2. They've lost only one game to the best team in the league. I just think that secondary holds them back and that good QBs (which the other teams all have) can beat them. Oh, and the NFC thing.

GB is in the NFC and inferior to Dallas.

*edit* And why do you guys bother arguing with He Ban Me? He's either trolling or stupid. Neither is worth the time.

Last edited:
The 2nd best team in the NFL are the Pats backups. You will see in Week 16 when Cassel and Crew wipe the floor with the Giants, LOL

I think the Steelers could beat the Colts if they played this weekend. I think the Cowgirls could too. Maybe not 6 weeks ago, but right now.

I'm gonna be a homer and say PIT is tougher than DAL., but they are very similar.

Steelers only obstacle (obviously speculating) between them and that #2 spot in the play-offs is the team vying for the #1 spot. That'll be determined Dec. 9th.
....at Cheatsboro. KIDDING! :)

The 2nd best team in the NFL are the Pats backups. You will see in Week 16 when Cassel and Crew wipe the floor with the Giants, LOL

Kind of like when they put the 2nd team in against Miami and immediately went back to the first team on the next drive?

Yeah!!! MIami fan went ballistic!! See that!!! We made them go back to their first string!!!

Dolphins!! Miami Dolphins!!

the greatest team that never wins a thing...

Dolphins! Miami Dolphins!

oh...it's too bad that Dan won't get his ring!

For all those who picked the Colts as the 2nd best team in the NFL "TODAY"...WOW, were you all wrong!

The Colts were excactly good enough to beat the KC Chiefs by 3 points. They were CLEARLY NOT the 2nd best team in the NFL today...not even close!

So let's hear you all admit you were wrong!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
For all those who picked the Colts as the 2nd best team in the NFL "TODAY"...WOW, were you all wrong!

The Colts were excactly good enough to beat the KC Chiefs by 3 points. They were CLEARLY NOT the 2nd best team in the NFL today...not even close!

So let's hear you all admit you were wrong!:rolleyes:
No. Dallas and Green Bay play in the NFC and Pttsburgh lost to the JETS. Colts are still numba 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back