PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is playing in a Patriots uniform for the last time?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Players who may be playing in thier last game as a Patriot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of these morons who say Adalius should be gone ever see the career of Willie McGinest?

In his first several years he was close to being a non factor on defense but hung around long enough and turned his career into Hall of fame type stuff shortly after the 2000 campaign - all while in New England so give AD another year or two before the dumb comments eh?

Not every player can adapt so quickly to his new team,even veteran players in a different system can struggle for a year.

I do feel that Chad Jackson could certainly be on the trade block or cut if all or most all receivers return next year.

If Chad does return,Another season of nothing next year earns him a bust award

Last edited:
You think people pick on you because you're smarter than them and they just don't see it. Nothing could be further from the truth. Behave like an attention seeking moron and that is the way folks will treat you.

So you're satisfied with his performance this year?

I believe that Bruschi and Brown will hang 'em up for certain. I believe that Samuel will go for some pretty big money elsewhere. I believe that Stallworth will leave for the opp. to be the #1 (or strong #2) receiver elsewhere. I would be shocked if Moss left, Brady retired, or BB retired. Unbelievably, it looks like we'll be able to retain SP again.... AND it looks like McDaniels is going to stay strong as our OP. I HOPE that we're able to restructure Colvin's deal.

On the opp front...I believe that we'll make a push to bring in Dansby (and hope that we get him)... and I believe that Ellis will end up here from the Cowboys.

Not sure what other tricks that BB has up his sleeve... BUT, it sure will be fun watching him go about his job.

On the BB front, I think that we have to start being concerned at the 5 ring mark.... but Lombardi will still have more.... I'm not even sure that he's that concerned with what other people think about him... but I'm hoping that his love for the history of the game will keep him coming back for more... at least until Brady calls it quits and starts prepping his run into politics.

On the AD front....are you all serious? The man is a beast... our def. isn't about stats, it's about assignment and containment... we are lucky to have him.

Also, on the Hobbs front... IMHO, as a #2 CB... he's solid. Yes, he's short (a problem against tall receivers)... but he does a good job in coverage... the short question for you all is "who would you rather have there?"... now, as a #1 CB, that might be tougher... but still.... you can only field who you can... I just believe it's unfortunate for Hobbs that he's spotlighted as being weak just because the rest of the team is so strong.

Anyway... just my two cents.

Hopefully Adalius Thomas and Ellis Hobbs are gone because both are terrible.

Why wait till AFTER the Super Bowl?

Why not simply bench Adalius and Ellis in the SB and replace them with Randall Gay and Eric Alexander? :rolleyes: :bricks:

So you're satisfied with his performance this year?

you mean year one in new system where he still had why most people would calla good year yes i am satisfied with him

If the Pats win, I can definitely see Seau going. If you lose, perhaps he might come back.

But have many LBs ever played till they were 40?

Not all of my choices were there in the poll.

I vote Troy Brown (no longer good enough to make the active roster unless we get more injuries); Eugene Wilson (Pats don't want him anymore); and Stallworth (I like him but he's too expensive if we keep him another year).

I don't see why Seau should retire. Age alone isn't a good enough reason.

I don't think Bruschi will leave if he thinks he can get another ring next year, and if he can make the team. Considering he started this year, he's good enough to at least be a backup next year.

-Seau is gone.
-Troy Brown is gone (unless he coaches).
-Bruschi, I'm 90% certain he's gone.
-Samuel is gone. Hope enjoys gettin PAID as a Detroit Lion.
-Moss, I'm like 75% sure he's gone; simply a question of getting all the numbers to work, but if one of the WRs goes, Moss is the only one not under contract for 2008.
-99% Sure Eugene Wilson is buh bye.

I think everyone else on your list stays. Vrabel's what, 31, 32? Faulk is 30...These guys aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:
Huh...I hate to see these happen. Can we just keep'em all?!

Asante is gone for $$$$.....Junior is gone after the ring....Donte gone for cap issue.....people who think AD should be gone are dumbasses....

Seau- Will retire a Champion
Troy Brown- Will be active for the last time next Sun, and is retired...
Samual- Would love to see him, but he proved his weight this yr, and now will go out and get paid by the Jets... Unfortunitly

Moss/Stallworth- Unless Stallworth restructures, both are not back.. But its decided on if they could bring Moss back for 3 yrs 30 Mill, then Stallworth will be gone.. But if Moss says I could get paid elsewhere , im bored, and leaves.. Then Donte Stallworth will end up being our number 1 reciever next yr.. But it all depends on Moss, which I think everything will be decided by March 1st..

Im on the fence with Bruschi, he could go out a champion, or he has been talking how Phifer, and Seau stay in the game so long, so he could stay for 1 more yr...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey