PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is playing in a Patriots uniform for the last time?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Players who may be playing in thier last game as a Patriot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Which players will be playing for the Patriots for the last time in thier career after the Super Bowl? (NOT including the irrelevant Pro Bowl)

You can add another player that was not listed ,I was going to add Jabar Gaffney but I think he is still around next year.

Last edited:
I think the only one who is a dead lock to not be on the team next year is Troy Brown. Asante Samuel is close to a lock. And I think whichever one of Moss and Stallworth the Patriots decide to hang onto, the other one will be gone.

Seau and Bruschi are clearly slowing down (Bruschi more so), but can still contribute. Harrison, Colvin, Vrabel, and Faulk are still playing well.

The OP mentioned Gaffney. I think the Patriots will hold onto him. He's beens showing a steady upward trend over the past two years, and he could be our number 2 receiver next year.

Hopefully Adalius

You think people pick on you because you're smarter than them and they just don't see it. Nothing could be further from the truth. Behave like an attention seeking moron and that is the way folks will treat you.

So far I am the only one who voted for Rodney to end his career in Arizona - I think Rodney has grown weary of the injuries for the past several years (thus resorting to the HGH) and wants to win 1 more title before he hangs it up,If they win this year I think its his last.

Not to mention it helps a guy leaving to know that his replacement which in this case is James Sanders is more than capable of filling the void and you also have the Rookie Merriweather who has been good when playing at that spot as well.

You think people pick on you because you're smarter than them and they just don't see it. Nothing could be further from the truth. Behave like an attention seeking moron and that is the way folks will treat you.

Sorry but I'm done with AD. Initially, I give him the benefit of the doubt because he was learning a new position. However, I'm convinced hes a system type player after having done squat at his original position.

seau, bruschi, brown, harrison, samuel, moss.

if we win the super bowl, i believe these people will be gone.

samuel is a lock as he wants the huge payday. no way bill and scott give him clements money.

moss is likely as he only came here to win a bowl, same goes for seau.

brown is likely as he didnt get crap for playing time, but its possible he stays on anyway bc he will always have a spot on the roster.

bruschi and harrison i believe will retire if we win. they are getting old and injured and both have plenty of money, family, and a perfect season.

if we do reach the pinnacle, i strongly believe someone significant will retire and will shock us all.

So far I am the only one who voted for Rodney to end his career in Arizona - I think Rodney has grown weary of the injuries for the past several years (thus resorting to the HGH) and wants to win 1 more title before he hangs it up,If they win this year I think its his last.

Not to mention it helps a guy leaving to know that his replacement which in this case is James Sanders is more than capable of filling the void and you also have the Rookie Merriweather who has been good when playing at that spot as well.
I think he'll be back for one more full year as more of a mentor type player than a diffrence maker
Sorry but I'm done with AD. Initially, I give him the benefit of the doubt because he was learning a new position. However, I'm convinced hes a system type player after having done squat at his original position.
It is prettyu clear you know nothing about football and what happend on the field and what makes people good or bad.

I think he'll be back for one more full year as more of a mentor type player than a diffrence maker

It is prettyu clear you know nothing about football and what happend on the field and what makes people good or bad.

Ya, any fan who question anyone on the roster knows nothing about the game. If only everyone was well informed like you:rolleyes:

Last edited:
If not for the suspension Rodney would be going to Hawaii in two weeks. He's signed through 2009 and isn't even at rotational status yet. He'll be back.

Tedy will also likely be back as a rotational player and mentor to whomever his eventual replacement is. Adalius has been groomed to make the calls, that is part of why this season has been a transition of sorts for him. Bill cared more about integrating him to that role than exploiting his talent.

Troy and Junior are the locks. Asante is a near lock.

Everyone else is debatable or dependant on what someone else does. Gaffney may be back, but you have to ask yourself why they didn't extend him early this season... If he wants more than his talent warrants given he's a FA, he'll be gone. Stallworth and Washington are both under contract for reasonable money if Stallworth is the #1 or remains the #1b to a reasonably signed Moss and Washington becomes the #4 and continues to excell on ST. Cap hits can be managed...

Colvin, Vrabel, Faulk aren't going anywhere.

Ya, any fan who question anyone on the roster knows nothing about the game. If only everyone was well informed like you:rolleyes:

Questioning Chad Jackson....no problem. Questioning AD....your an idiot.

my father has been saying that...i dont even want to think it:mad:

After watching the "60 Minutes" program with Brady, you could clearly see that Brady is way over the top competive to ever consider calling it a career. I honestly believe he wants 5 rings before that day comes.

Another point to ponder if what if BB calls it a career? I think its unlikely but if Bill comes back, a lot of players will want to come back to play for him.

After watching the "60 Minutes" program with Brady, you could clearly see that Brady is way over the top competive to ever consider calling it a career. I honestly believe he wants 5 rings before that day comes.

Another point to ponder if what if BB calls it a career? I think its unlikely but if Bill comes back, a lot of players will want to come back to play for him.

if we win it all, i am not looking forward to see who calls it quits

No, its 6 rings. Has three, four this year, next year and ..........

Troy's done, Seau's done, Bruschi's probably done. Asante's gone to free agency, and it's possible one of Stallworth or Moss goes. But I get the feeling both will be back.

Hopefully Adalius Thomas and Ellis Hobbs are gone because both are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down