PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is our 3rd best player??

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I hope that there is no need to debate the first two. But, for those who
don't know where I'm coming from Brady and Seymour are our top 2.
Based on his performance right now. Pick someone. Not, who has had the
best career. So, that leaves someone like Troy Brown out. Though, I love
the guy. My pick is Ty Warren. He's been dominant vs the run. Shown
more explosiveness on the pass-rush and is a Patriots type of player.
Strong,tough,hard-working player. No mouth and doesn't have to act a fool
when he makes a tackle and start dancing like Mick Jagger.

I considered Bruschi,Vrabel,Colvin,Rodney. But, I think Warren is playing
better than those guys right now. I also think that BB wants to get him
signed long-term. Because he would be so hard to replace. And, is why
he was reluctant to spend a lot of money on a wr. My .02. But, I'm
sticking with it.

Maroney. As of this very second, i'll go with him. (i love rose colored glasses where all i see is LoMo stiff arming people and blowing by the 2ndary.)

Dillon. He's up to 15 on the all time rushing list and has put up some decent numbers over the last few years which considering the state of our run game up until this season, is no mean feat. He's now found a new lease of life with the arrival of Maroney, and is turning into a true veteran and seasoned pro, the likes of which are always great to have around.

He's a class act.

if you are talking about just this season, definitely agree with Mr. Warren. He's dominating on that line (and he was our most consistent performer on run defense last year)

I'd say Tedy Bruschi.

Then I'd say Rodney Harrison when completely healthy.

The I'd go with Laurence Maroney based on how he's looked so far.

gotta think about Vince Wilfork too, although that's not a glamor position.

THe O-line as a whole should get a nod. They have been playing great this year.

If we're talking about just right now, I'd have to go with Maroney.

vrabel.. think about that for a while

DB15 said:
vrabel.. think about that for a while

No need. You are probably right.

First of all Seymour is not in our top three. I love the guy and want him to do well but he is one of the most overrated players in the league. He rarley runs a play out to the end. Brady, Warren, and Colvin are our best players.

Poll said:
No need. You are probably right.
I think we have a case, he is one of the vet leaders on the team, he fills more holes than anyone else on the team except troy, and plays a position where you will never receive any credit unless you catch td's in the super bowl :rocker:

any thoughts?

PatsMan26 said:
First of all Seymour is not in our top three. I love the guy and want him to do well but he is one of the most overrated players in the league. He rarley runs a play out to the end. Brady, Warren, and Colvin are our best players.
oh you have got to be kidding..

Josh Miller.

Matt Light...has Brady been blind sided this year? Do most of the runs go to Light's side with Mankins? Matt Light all day long.

Wilfork ....

Not Maroney yet. Not Harrison yet (if indeed he ever will be again). Not Dillon, although he's very important. Not Graham or Warren or Light or Koppen. Not Miller because of his position. That leaves Bruschi, Vrabel, and Warren as the candidates. 2 of 3 rank, from the neck up, not just among the team's best players but among the league's best players. But this season, so far, I'm giving Warren a little edge over either of them.

Great question!

In 2003 it was Bruschi and Harrison. In 2004 Dillon joined them.

This year I'll say Warren, then Vrabel/Colvin in 4th.

Maroney???

Listen the kid is going to have a great career but he has had 2 great games, 1 good game and 2 dismal games so far. No thanks for right now.

Tedy Bruschi is 3rd.

While not the 3rd best player I want to give a shout to Dan Koppen as our most consistent lineman. Can you even recall the last time Brady and Koppen had trouble with the snap? Plus I don't recall him ever missing a block. Basically I am takig this thread as an opportunity to say EXTEND HIM NOW!!! (Sorry for yelling).

Patjew said:
Josh Miller.

Have a consistent punter is a much underrated factor in a league where field position is so important, and Miller's having a second pro bowl year.

However... I am assuming your tongue in cheek... what I like about this team is that after a couple of stand-outs - Brady and Seymour - there are a lot of guys in a row doing a great job. Vrabel, Bruschi, Koppen, Warren, Colvin, Dillon, Graham and yes even Josh Miller.

Of those though, I'm with Mike Vrabel. I think he's been outstanding in difficult times back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing