PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is officiating this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I have to ask due to the horrible memories from last year in Denver. All I want is quality, even-handed officiating for this game. Hopefully we get a competent crew instead of a bunch of morons.

If it's Triplette again, you will find me Sunday morning on my floor, dead. The autopsy will reveal I swallowed my entire silverware drawer.

Hope its not Ed Hoculi a.k.a the Buff ref . . . he and Merriman probably have some mutual friends.

Last edited:
Reiss usually has that info the day before the game.

Hope its not Ed Hoculi a.k.a the Buff ref . . . he and Merriman probably have some mutual friends.

I can almost see the logic in not wanting the best referee in the NFL to ref our game. :confused:

I'd love Hochuli. He's got a bit of an ego, but he can control a game and he's fair. He'll slap down both sides equally if they get out of hand. I loved his call in the Titans game where he called out the Titan player for a personal foul for first contact and didn't just lazily bust both players. He's the NFL version of Earl Strom.

I have to ask due to the horrible memories from last year in New England. All I want is quality, even-handed officiating for this game. Hopefully we get a competent crew instead of a bunch of morons.

-Signed:

Raiderfan after 2001.

Last edited:
I have to ask due to the horrible memories from last year in Denver. All I want is quality, even-handed officiating for this game. Hopefully we get a competent crew .quote]

We are all set ... we have the Mike Allen crew.

I'd love Hochuli. He's got a bit of an ego, but he can control a game and he's fair. He'll slap down both sides equally if they get out of hand. I loved his call in the Titans game where he called out the Titan player for a personal foul for first contact and didn't just lazily bust both players. He's the NFL version of Earl Strom.

He's also one of the best at explaining challenges to the crowd. Each time he thouroughly explains how he reached his decision. Here's one from a JAX/MIN game a couple of years ago;

"The issue on a play like that is whether the ball was firmly gripped in the quarterback's hand when his hand starts forward," Hochuli said through his stadium microphone. "After reviewing the play, the ball had been knocked loose and was on the palm of his hand and pushed forward. Therefore, the ruling on the field stands as called. It's a touchdown."

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4196/is_20041223/ai_n11005514

I have to ask due to the horrible memories from last year in Denver. All I want is quality, even-handed officiating for this game. Hopefully we get a competent crew .quote]

Isn't he the guy that did the Washington/Tampa playoff game last season, the one where Sean Taylor spit in a Bucs face? If so he is also a good Ref. He handled that perfectly, now that I think about it I am sure it is him because one of the other refs said "are you sure Mike" about not calling a retaliation penalty on Barber (I think).

If it's Triplette again, you will find me Sunday morning on my floor, dead. The autopsy will reveal I swallowed my entire silverware drawer.

I would make that SOB swallow your entire silverware drawer. :singing:

LMAO...........I'm gonna have to steal that one from you.:)

BB said that Hocculi is the best crew in the game and he would like it if they did every pats game......................that's good enough for me:)

I didn't know the Make-A-Wish foundation made dreams come true for old people too. :D

Hopefully we get a competent crew instead of a bunch of morons.

Tony Corrente and crew. They've worked zero Pats games this season...and 1 Charger vs 9er game (16 penalties). They're considered middle of the pack (not highly rated or poor). Look out for defensive flags...

I just hope the back judge isn't Greg Sneed.

Tony Corrente and crew. They've worked zero Pats games this season...and 1 Charger vs 9er game (16 penalties). They're considered middle of the pack (not highly rated or poor). Look out for defensive flags...

You guessing or you know this how? And if you do, you mean the couldn't find a crew chief from outside Southern California???

Corrente resides in La Mirada, California and teaches high school social sciences outside of his NFL officiating duties.

Corrente's 2006 NFL officiating crew consists of Steve Wilson, John McGrath, Ron Blum, Craig Wrolstad, Doug Toole, and Don Carey.

I would think it's very unlikely to be Hochuli's crew. He's got the superbowl next year (I think he deferred this year so that he could have it in his hometown next year), which almost certainly means he'll have a league championship game this year. Not necessarily, but probably.

Triplette, Anderson, Vinovich, and Morelli's crews are all done for the year, unless one of them has the Superbowl. (Unlikely for anyone but Anderson.)

Corrente was the standby referree for last year's superbowl. He was also promoted to ref extremely quickly, so he's a rising star and it would be surprising if he did not get one of the next 7 games, so he's as good a guess as any.

I would also think that Carey, Austin, Nemmers, Coleman, and McAuley get work this year. Winter may still be in the doghouse. I'd like to see Winter get another chance in the playoffs. Morelli got another chance this year despite last year's issues, so it's time to let Winter back. If the poster who suggested it was Corrente knows that for a fact, I can live with that, but I'd also take Winter. If he comes back, he's not going to be looking to make headlines, which is just fine with me.

Steratore and Bogers, the rookies, probably get to watch on tv this year. Leavy got the superbowl last year, so I'm not sure whether he'll get a game this year.

Boy did Vinovich do a nice job in his rookie playoff game. I'd take him again.

Last edited:
Isn't he the guy that did the Washington/Tampa playoff game last season, the one where Sean Taylor spit in a Bucs face? If so he is also a good Ref. He handled that perfectly, now that I think about it I am sure it is him because one of the other refs said "are you sure Mike" about not calling a retaliation penalty on Barber (I think).
Nope, this is a Cardinals' homer, he'll at least have no dog in the hunt. :cool:

I would think it's very unlikely to be Hochuli's crew. He's got the superbowl next year (I think he deferred this year so that he could have it in his hometown next year), which almost certainly means he'll have a league championship game this year. Not necessarily, but probably.

Triplette, Anderson, Vinovich, and Morelli's crews are all done for the year, unless one of them has the Superbowl. (Unlikely for anyone but Anderson.)

Corrente was the standby referree for last year's superbowl. He was also promoted to ref extremely quickly, so he's a rising star and it would be surprising if he did not get one of the next 7 games, so he's as good a guess as any.

I would also think that Carey, Austin, Nemmers, Coleman, and McAuley get work this year. Winter may still be in the doghouse. I'd like to see Winter get another chance in the playoffs. Morelli got another chance this year despite last year's issues, so it's time to let Winter back. If the poster who suggested it was Corrente knows that for a fact, I can live with that, but I'd also take Winter. If he comes back, he's not going to be looking to make headlines, which is just fine with me.

Steratore and Bogers, the rookies, probably get to watch on tv this year. Leavy got the superbowl last year, so I'm not sure whether he'll get a game this year.

Boy did Vinovich do a nice job in his rookie playoff game. I'd take him again.
Mike Carey would be a good choice, if we miss him here he'd be good for the AFCCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots