PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is next to go???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The ax will be falling on some of the rooks (UDFAs)..who won't even make it to camp..Four minimum...ny guess is WR Matt Shelton and CB Gemera Williams...and 2 of these 6,,, WR Erik Davis, OL Brian Barthelmes, DE Kader Drame, LBs Corey Mays and Pierre Woods and S Jarvis Herring. My guesses are Mays and Herring...but I am leaning towards Drame.

Pats726 said:
The ax will be falling on some of the rooks (UDFAs)..who won't even make it to camp..Four minimum...ny guess is WR Matt Shelton and CB Gemera Williams...and 2 of these 6,,, WR Erik Davis, OL Brian Barthelmes, DE Kader Drame, LBs Corey Mays and Pierre Woods and S Jarvis Herring. My guesses are Mays and Herring...but I am leaning towards Drame.

Nooooooo!!! Not Jarvis Herring!!!!!!

Then again, I guess the roster's pretty crowded. They're packed in like sardines. And its not like Herring or any of the others are popular, surrounded by screaming groupers.

These guys must all be under a tremendous amount of pressure that we really just can't fathom.

Still I thought Herring had a chance... he's in pretty good shape... covered with mussels...a real team player... not shellfish at all.

I guess if he makes the squid it'll be a fluke, but it's worth it for all these guys to give it a go just for the halibut.

You can be sure of one thing though... if Herring is cut he's gonna be steamed... but he'll probably just go out later that night and get tanked... order up some rusty snails, hold the grunion, shaken, not stirred.

JoeSixPat said:
Still I thought Herring had a chance... he's in pretty good shape... covered with mussels...a real team player... not shellfish at all.

Mussels-500.jpg

JoeSixPat said:
Nooooooo!!! Not Jarvis Herring!!!!!!

Then again, I guess the roster's pretty crowded. They're packed in like sardines. And its not like Herring or any of the others are popular, surrounded by screaming groupers.

These guys must all be under a tremendous amount of pressure that we really just can't fathom.

I guess if he makes the squid it'll be a fluke, but it's worth it for all these guys to give it a go just for the halibut.

You can be sure of one thing though... if Herring is cut he's gonna be steamed... but he'll probably just go out later that night and get tanked... order up some rusty snails, hold the grunion, shaken, not stirred.
I agree..the pressire on these guys is tremendous..and it may come down to other things than how they did individually. Last year, RBs Charles and Birmingham were cut before TC and it seemed the reason was that they needed more WRs in camp..so it MAY just come down to numbers. Pretty tough for all rooks out of college. I just think WIlliams and Shelton will go and 2 others..Herring may make it to TC because of the injuries at safety.
(Ventrone, Harrison--- Wilson & GScott coming back from injuries). It's a real toss up...I think QB Bramlett, OL Hand, TB Cobbs, ILB Roach & CB VBrown will most likely get to camp...but who knows unless one has looked closely...and even then it may come down to numbers at a particular position.

Pats726 said:
I agree..the pressire on these guys is tremendous..and it may come down to other things than how they did individually. Last year, RBs Charles and Birmingham were cut before TC and it seemed the reason was that they needed more WRs in camp..so it MAY just come down to numbers. Pretty tough for all rooks out of college. I just think WIlliams and Shelton will go and 2 others..Herring may make it to TC because of the injuries at safety.
(Ventrone, Harrison--- Wilson & GScott coming back from injuries). It's a real toss up...I think QB Bramlett, OL Hand, TB Cobbs, ILB Roach & CB VBrown will most likely get to camp...but who knows unless one has looked closely...and even then it may come down to numbers at a particular position.

I don't know. A lot of the guys you mentioned were really floundering out there.

JoeSixPat said:
I don't know. A lot of the guys you mentioned were really floundering out there.
Who was floundering???? (besides Herring...LOL)

pats1 said:

This makes sense, as certain species of mussels live exclusively on Herring. It's a strong signal that Jarvis is, specifically, a skipjack Herring. It's a travesty that none of the beat writers have picked up on this.

patchick said:
This makes sense, as certain species of mussels live exclusively on Herring. It's a strong signal that Jarvis is, specifically, a skipjack Herring. It's a travesty that none of the beat writers have picked up on this.

I'm beginning to regret having spawned this tangent - now even I'm beginning to get a haddock.

We should get back to the original porpoise of this thread.

JoeSixPat said:
I'm beginning to regret having spawned this tangent - now even I'm beginning to get a haddock.

We should get back to the original porpoise of this thread.
Just DOLLF---in and tell us who's floundering...It's a large school..and I am sure the Tuna may wish to fish out one or two from the rookie pool...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pats726 said:
Just DOLLF---in and tell us who's floundering...It's a large school..and I am sure the Tuna may wish to fish out one or two from the rookie pool...

Don't try to lure me...I'm not going to take the bait.

What concerns me most however is depth at tackle.

Eric Warfield??

It'll be a whale of a camp though..but some will be cut loose prior...
Warfield??? Don't think so..even if he had a poor camp..he'd have to be REALLY terrible to let him go this early..although stranger things HAVE happened..

Joe6..you got me..so who is floundering?? I am sure many iof the UDFAs..are not near where the regs are..BUT?? Who lags behind??

Who may hit the road next?? hmmmm

Pats726 said:
Who may hit the road next?? hmmmm

My guess is one of the offensive linemen.

Hand, Barthelmes, Britt, Yates?

That mussels picture killed me. Seriously, I'm dead.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::beersign:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back