Who is NEInsider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyBlueCat

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=2724061&lid=5

Mayo was the player targeted from day one. He blew us away in the on-site inerview. This kid is super smart, tough, flexible, and loves the game and a very high charater kid. His football smarts are off the chart as are his intangibles and leadership. This kid NEVER takes a play off and during the interview process actually made suggestions and observations on sets we run that raised Bill's eyebrows.
The trade was set up yesterday as Mayock just mentioned on NFL network. You will notice that ESPn had no interview with Bill but the NFL network did. ESPN asked and is still basically begging for Bill or Scott. Mayock and Bill have always been close and he has been the only guru Bill enjoys talking with. Mayock is highly respected around here.
More action is possible depending on whether a certain player is still available mid second round.

More action is possible depending on whether a certain player is still available mid second round.

I don't know who he is but this interests me greatly. We have 3 third round picks.

And here's a Mayo highlight video that emphasizes the way the kid plays. He looks like a stud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWLgYKi3JoA

Last edited:
i have trusted NE insider since day one...but here i must question him

if Mayo was the number one guy since day one, why did the pats contact KC to move down to the fifth spot?

Well he was wrong about the Patriots not signing any linebackers. They signed Hobson after he said they wouldn't sign any.

J D Sal

Someone who does a good job of looking like an insider, but actually isn't. Nothing in the posts I have read (which admittedly isn't all of them) wasn't already in the public domain. This post came after we drafted him, not prior to the rumours on here or si.com yesterday.

This guy is a fraud and anyone buying him as a real "source" is slightly ******ed.

i have trusted NE insider since day one...but here i must question him

if Mayo was the number one guy since day one, why did the pats contact KC to move down to the fifth spot?

Tons of reasons. To screw with the jets as one.

and how are they doing that? just by merely calling KC? not like the Jets know they called KC

The Patriots made it a leak that they called KC. How do you think everyone knew?

The Patriots made it a leak that they called KC. How do you think everyone knew?

ummm...KC reported it....when they told the world what the saints offered? after choosing dorsey

Michael Holley on Friday said Mayo was the target of the Patriots and that they would trade down to the 10-13 range to get him. I don't know if NEInsider is providing anything anyone could have gotten.

Don't be surprised if Dorsey was the target.

My thought as well - and then as the naysayers predicted he'd be available long after #10, I suppose it would have been possible to trade back into the 1st round to grab Mayo as well

Apparently we had opportunities to trade down further in the first round.

I do not see the fascination with Mayo, not enough to pass on a premier pass rusher for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes