Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who is most likely to be a troll??

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by BlitzFritz, Dec 3, 2007.

1. BlitzFritz

BlitzFritz Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Amid all the mindless whining and sky is falling fans, my sense is that there may be some trolls -- disguised as pats fans. You know the type who just doesnt have the nads (or desire for self-punishment) as an Aqua, so they "critique" the Pats in a stupid and negative way.

My top pick would be NSA, who has repeatedly come in w aggressive, negative threads. But i suspect he just may be a cranky fellow...

Other thoughts, as we get geared up for the game tonight?!!
    :cool:

2. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

My guess is his glass is half empty, even tho the tap is still running.

3. National Sports Advisors

National Sports Advisors Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Not a troll, my friend, just a guy that talks about the good and the bad. I don't sweep everything under the rug, sorry. What happened to the Yankees after they had their dynasty in the late 90's and early 2000's? They still had Torre, Jeter, Cashman, and Steinbrenner. You know why they haven't WON another title since? Because of highly questionable front office acquisitions and trades. That's why. Sorry, but I'm not going to give BB and Pioli a FREE RIDE for life just because they won 3 super bowls. We haven't won anything the last 2 years, our drafts have been questionable at best, and we still have some hurdles to climb over this year(Dallas, Indy). Maintaining championship level performance is hard work. BB and Pioli are the two best men for the job. However, they made boo boos last year(Caldwell and Gabriel being the wideouts for starters) that were a big reason to why we didn't win the Lombardi last year. They can improve just like the players can. Let's hope they do starting with this year's draft and by re-signing Samuel, who obviously has proven himself to be an ELITE player and worth every bit the money he will command on the open market.

4. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +119 / 3 / -4

I'm not calling you a troll. I don't care about that but this has got to be one of the funniest statements I've read.

I hope you're joking. If you aren't, you're going to be in for a big letdown when this run is over.

5. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ooh, are we in for a good ol, McCarthian witch hunt?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  6. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think I'm a troll.

7. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'd say it was mostly due to bad luck. if Mariano doesn't give up those bloops and bleeders to Arizona in game 7, for instance, they win.

the Yankees were lucky to win 4/5 or whatever, but have been pretty unlucky since

8. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,674 / 9 / -2

#50 Jersey

NSA, where's the "good" part? One day I decided to scan over your posts, and I made it through the most recent 50 or so before tiring. Every single one was railing against Maroney or Meriweather! No, I don't think you're a troll. But that kind of monomania will always get people's hackles up.

9. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Fortunately, the trolls are outnumbered by LLORTS, reverse trolls whose irrational homerism can be equally astonishing.:)

10. National Sports Advisors

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Bro, this has been a 2-3 team league the last 2 years. It's been the Pats, Colts, and the flavor of the year(Denver, San Diego, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore). We were right there. If we had found a way to give Brady legitemate weapons last season, than we most likeley would have won the super bowl. Hell, we were one third down conversion away from winning in Indy. A quality receiver would have done the trick. I'm sorry, but winning championships are hard to come by. We have about a 4-5 year window to win while Tom Brady is in his prime. It's up to BB and Pioli to make the proper moves to see to it that we can scoop up some more titles. Last year the front office let down Brady and the players. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

11. danny88

danny88 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good to see the mods doing there job. NSA posts insightful things ( although not up to the homer standards of SOME) and he gets abused. NSA never insults anyone , and always argues his point to the best of his abilities without being insulting. Unlike most who attack him.

Hell I don't agree with NSA on EVERYTHING. I don't think Maroney is a bust. Just a dissapointment. Yet I still think he brings a lot to the table.

Wonderful thread :rolleyes:

12. National Sports Advisors

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Check out my posts last week about Brady getting the MVP over Favre. I clearly stated Brady was the MVP and that anyone thinking Favre deserves it is out of their minds. And I said it BEFORE the Dallas game, when Favre caught another dose of Drew Bozoitis. So, yes, I do post positive stuff about the Pats.

13. FirstAndGoal

Ratings:
    +119 / 3 / -4

It ain't that easy.

The Steelers were 15 -1 and lost to us
    The Colts were 14 -2 and lost to us
    The Chargers were 14 -2 and lost to us
    The Colts lost to the Steelers.

The list goes on and on. Winning a Super Bowl requires luck too. Brady goes down, the season is over. I know what you're saying but enjoy it because no matter how hard you try and hold onto it, it's going to be over soon and we'll be back in the mix. This is a great time to be a Patriot fan and to say that the office/coaches haven't done a spectacular job is nuts IMHO. No one that we've drafted is hurting us. Our weakest area is inside linebacker without a doubt but if the players aren't out there, there's nothing you can do. Like it or not, this 2 gap 3 -4 is the most demanding defense for the front 7. Those people aren't easy to come by. That's why most don't play it. If the players grew on trees, everyone would use it because it's the most flexible defense out there. Just look at Vilma for comparison. He had a monster rookie year in the 4 -3 and when they went to a 2 gap 3 -4, he was getting buried.

We're 11-0 and you're talking about the poor job they've done beacause we don't have rookies cracking this starting lineup?

14. FirstAndGoal

Ratings:
    +119 / 3 / -4

P.S.

I never jump in on threads like "What if Brady had super powers" and "Could Brady beat Superman" type threads that one guy in particular likes to start. I've also never claimed to be unbeatible or the best ever. I'm just glad the Pats are in the mix these last few years.

15. ClevTrev

ClevTrev Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

LMAO!!!!

Yeah, I must be a LLORT. That's it! For a team currently undefeated with a record few teams can match since 2001, so be it. I'll make a resolution to try harder to find something negative. I know, I hate their silver unis.

Postscript: As a long-time Boston sports fan, I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed the success of the Celtics in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, the Red Sox and the many stars and key games that have graced their history since the 50s, and the Bruins in the 70s. One thing I know, it doesn't last forever. It goes in cycles. So, PE, I'm proud to be a LLORT for the Pats now. I'll save my whining for when the time warrants it.

16. fnordcircle

fnordcircle brady plz PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +836 / 18 / -26

Why not just let the mods do their job instead of cluttering the board with another off-topic thread?

(complaining about this thread means I'm not really a patriots' fan, right?)

17. fnordcircle

fnordcircle brady plz PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +836 / 18 / -26

Ugh, this thread was in the off-topic forum so nevermind what I said about cluttering things up, now I feel like an ass. Feel free to tell me that is the case.

18. ClevTrev

ClevTrev Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Don't beat yourself up, it was being moved as you were posting.

19. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

That @$$hole fleabassist is a troll

20. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Amen! I'll join you in enjoying what could be one of the best rides in all of professional sports, especially after the decades of negativity surrounding the Patriots before all of this.