Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If you were rebuilding the patriots and you could keep only 1 who would it be?

• Tom Brady, Team Captain and Starting Quarterback

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Bill Belichick, Head Coach

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Robert Kraft, President

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Scott Pioli, Head of Player Personel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tedy Bruschi, Line Backer & Heart of the Defense

• Richard Seymour, Defensive Lineman

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1stand10 said:
I would start with Tom Brady. Hands down.
Well now which is it? In your other thread of the same name, you claimed it was Kraft. :confused:

Ask Tom Brady, BB, Pioli, Bruschi or Seymour who's the most important.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Well now which is it? In your other thread of the same name, you claimed it was Kraft. :confused:

That's because he's a troll, Shirt. And too many of us have not gotten that yet.

It's Brady, what's wrong Tshirt..... can't you read. The other post was a mistaken reply from my other board on ESPN. I was answering on that board the question......."If you had to pick the best owner in any league whom would it be?". SO with that being said which do you choose? You probably won't answer as I have noticed since signing onto these boards that you 1000+ posting guys for the most part are sanctimonious and jerks to newbies. Just because you post here doesn't make you anything special. I am a Pats fan, that is why I am here. By the way I have over 28,000 posts on ESPN.com, I have over 40,000 posts on I-chat, I have was a beta tester for yahoo-chat and have posted over 65,000 times there as well. So where does that leave me. NO WHERE! It doesnt matter as long as you have something to say. So stop trying to put new guys out all the time. You didnt even answer the pole, you just wanted to make me look bad. Thanks, do you feel better now. Good luck with the God Complex.

1stand10 said:
I would start with Tom Brady. Hands down.

1stand10 said:
My money is with Mr. Kraft. He is the reason we have a great team to watch.

I vote for the fans...we have great fan support which is why Kraft was confident he could build a great orginization. Next comes Belichick...hands down the best GM and on field coach in the NFL....followed by Brady and his great work ethic.

1stand10 said:
It's Brady, what's wrong Tshirt..... can't you read. The other post was a mistaken reply from my other board on ESPN. I was answering on that board the question......."If you had to pick the best owner in any league whom would it be?". SO with that being said which do you choose? You probably won't answer as I have noticed since signing onto these boards that you 1000+ posting guys for the most part are sanctimonious and jerks to newbies. Just because you post here doesn't make you anything special. I am a Pats fan, that is why I am here. By the way I have over 28,000 posts on ESPN.com, I have over 40,000 posts on I-chat, I have was a beta tester for yahoo-chat and have posted over 65,000 times there as well. So where does that leave me. NO WHERE! It doesnt matter as long as you have something to say. So stop trying to put new guys out all the time. You didnt even answer the pole, you just wanted to make me look bad. Thanks, do you feel better now. Good luck with the God Complex.

To all Patsfans.com posters: I present you Exhibit A

If any of you want to believe this guy that ORIGINATING A THREAD here was "a mistaken reply from my other board on ESPN. I was answering on that board the question......."If you had to pick the best owner in any league whom would it be?". then he is successfully playing you all for suckers.

Last edited:
The strength of the wolf is the pack.

I'll take...

Bill B...he proved me wrong in 2001...I was ready to can his *ss...but he proved a TEAM of good players can beat a bunch of all stars on a great team.

I think every cog is important, but the team needed one thing it lacked under the Tickle me Pete yrs, a strong leader , and that folks is coach Belichick... I love Brady , and feel he is the second big thing...

there isn't a single GM or HC in football that would count himself as being a more significant "limiting factor" to a team's success than a QB...ok, maybe Brian Billick.

HYPOTHETICALS:

Without BOTH there is no dynasty. This is a veteran laden team at this point...replace Bill with say, Parcells or Gruden, and we're still a contender. Replace Tom, with say, Hasselbeck or Delhomme, and we're still a contender.

If Bill went to an underperforming team, I have no doubt he'd coach them up and get more out of them. But Tom would have a bigger short-term impact on a bad team than Bill would -- that's not a knock, it's just that coaches coach and players play -- and there's no position in team sports quite as significant as a QB.

It's a complicated equation and it varies from system to system. But as the great Ron Wolf said, "the franchise begins and ends with the QB."

It's cliched but the TEAM is the most important part. But if the question is which individual component is most signfiicant, well, we don't like to discuss that but the answer is pretty obvious when you ask yourself who you'd rather replace tomorrow.

We have a team that let's it's collective ego (yes, they have a big one) work towards the TEAM rather than against the team. And we have a QB who is very sensitive about patting himself on the back. We've been indoctrinated to think the coach or the kicker or the defense is more important than a QB...you'll hear absurd comments about how offense is less important than defense in the playoffs (see: St. Louis winning a SB with a below average defense). A QB who plays well against quality defense can overcome a lot and make a lot of other pieces look better than they actually are.

You'll hear Pats fans talk about how if AV makes a kick he's expected to make, or Ty Law makes an easy pick, that makes them MVP candidates. Here's the definition of a team MVP: which guy would you least like to replace. Was it really Branch or Harrison in SB39. Is it the guy up in the booth writing the checks?...I like Kraft but I'm sorry, he's replaceable. Is it the guy on the sideline calling the plays?...how does that work in a 2-minute drill when Tom's taking us down the field?

Once Bill leaves the game he'll let you all know what TB means to this team. Until then, it's always going to be a 2:1 ratio for Bill as the key cog in the wheel.

Last edited:
Didn't BB say himself that great QB's make for genius coaches (it might have been his father actually...). Brady.

Josh Miller. For obvious reasons.

Well I've seen a number of organizations get totally screwed up for years with interfering, brainless owners so I've got to go with Kraft. It all starts at the top and Kraft was smart enough to get BB and then to let him do his job.

Patjew said:
Josh Miller. For obvious reasons.
:rofl: Yea, his humor is the only thing keeping this team together! Good one Patjew!

14thDragon said:
The strength of the wolf is the pack.
:confused: So you're saying we should draft Manny Lawson from NC State? :confused: ;)

PatsChick87 said:
Well I've seen a number of organizations get totally screwed up for years with interfering, brainless owners so I've got to go with Kraft. It all starts at the top and Kraft was smart enough to get BB and then to let him do his job.
What she said. :agree: :yeahthat: :ditto:
Plus, if it wasn't for him they would be the Saint Louis Patriots. I doubt too many of us would still be rooting for them.

Has to be BB, he selected the players, and brought us the SBs!!!

That is the most difficult question ever created!

Holy Diver said:
That is the most difficult question ever created!
"Difficult" or "pointless"?

They're all important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back