Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who is most important to the Pats?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by 1stand10, Apr 26, 2006.

?

If you were rebuilding the patriots and you could keep only 1 who would it be?

1. Tom Brady, Team Captain and Starting Quarterback

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Bill Belichick, Head Coach

24 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. Robert Kraft, President

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Scott Pioli, Head of Player Personel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tedy Bruschi, Line Backer & Heart of the Defense

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Richard Seymour, Defensive Lineman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 1stand10

1stand10 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would start with Tom Brady. Hands down.

2. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Well now which is it? In your other thread of the same name, you claimed it was Kraft. :confused:

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Ask Tom Brady, BB, Pioli, Bruschi or Seymour who's the most important.

4. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,009 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

That's because he's a troll, Shirt. And too many of us have not gotten that yet.

5. 1stand10

1stand10 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's Brady, what's wrong Tshirt..... can't you read. The other post was a mistaken reply from my other board on ESPN. I was answering on that board the question......."If you had to pick the best owner in any league whom would it be?". SO with that being said which do you choose? You probably won't answer as I have noticed since signing onto these boards that you 1000+ posting guys for the most part are sanctimonious and jerks to newbies. Just because you post here doesn't make you anything special. I am a Pats fan, that is why I am here. By the way I have over 28,000 posts on ESPN.com, I have over 40,000 posts on I-chat, I have was a beta tester for yahoo-chat and have posted over 65,000 times there as well. So where does that leave me. NO WHERE! It doesnt matter as long as you have something to say. So stop trying to put new guys out all the time. You didnt even answer the pole, you just wanted to make me look bad. Thanks, do you feel better now. Good luck with the God Complex.

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

I vote for the fans...we have great fan support which is why Kraft was confident he could build a great orginization. Next comes Belichick...hands down the best GM and on field coach in the NFL....followed by Brady and his great work ethic.

7. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,009 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

To all Patsfans.com posters: I present you Exhibit A

If any of you want to believe this guy that ORIGINATING A THREAD here was "a mistaken reply from my other board on ESPN. I was answering on that board the question......."If you had to pick the best owner in any league whom would it be?". then he is successfully playing you all for suckers.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  8. 14thDragon

14thDragon Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The strength of the wolf is the pack.

9. rabthepat

rabthepat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'll take...

Bill B...he proved me wrong in 2001...I was ready to can his *ss...but he proved a TEAM of good players can beat a bunch of all stars on a great team.

10. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think every cog is important, but the team needed one thing it lacked under the Tickle me Pete yrs, a strong leader , and that folks is coach Belichick... I love Brady , and feel he is the second big thing...

11. the taildragger

the taildragger Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

there isn't a single GM or HC in football that would count himself as being a more significant "limiting factor" to a team's success than a QB...ok, maybe Brian Billick.

HYPOTHETICALS:

Without BOTH there is no dynasty. This is a veteran laden team at this point...replace Bill with say, Parcells or Gruden, and we're still a contender. Replace Tom, with say, Hasselbeck or Delhomme, and we're still a contender.

If Bill went to an underperforming team, I have no doubt he'd coach them up and get more out of them. But Tom would have a bigger short-term impact on a bad team than Bill would -- that's not a knock, it's just that coaches coach and players play -- and there's no position in team sports quite as significant as a QB.

It's a complicated equation and it varies from system to system. But as the great Ron Wolf said, "the franchise begins and ends with the QB."

It's cliched but the TEAM is the most important part. But if the question is which individual component is most signfiicant, well, we don't like to discuss that but the answer is pretty obvious when you ask yourself who you'd rather replace tomorrow.

We have a team that let's it's collective ego (yes, they have a big one) work towards the TEAM rather than against the team. And we have a QB who is very sensitive about patting himself on the back. We've been indoctrinated to think the coach or the kicker or the defense is more important than a QB...you'll hear absurd comments about how offense is less important than defense in the playoffs (see: St. Louis winning a SB with a below average defense). A QB who plays well against quality defense can overcome a lot and make a lot of other pieces look better than they actually are.

You'll hear Pats fans talk about how if AV makes a kick he's expected to make, or Ty Law makes an easy pick, that makes them MVP candidates. Here's the definition of a team MVP: which guy would you least like to replace. Was it really Branch or Harrison in SB39. Is it the guy up in the booth writing the checks?...I like Kraft but I'm sorry, he's replaceable. Is it the guy on the sideline calling the plays?...how does that work in a 2-minute drill when Tom's taking us down the field?

Once Bill leaves the game he'll let you all know what TB means to this team. Until then, it's always going to be a 2:1 ratio for Bill as the key cog in the wheel.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  12. SamBamsFan

SamBamsFan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Didn't BB say himself that great QB's make for genius coaches (it might have been his father actually...). Brady.

13. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +498 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Josh Miller. For obvious reasons.

14. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well I've seen a number of organizations get totally screwed up for years with interfering, brainless owners so I've got to go with Kraft. It all starts at the top and Kraft was smart enough to get BB and then to let him do his job.

15. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

:rofl: Yea, his humor is the only thing keeping this team together! Good one Patjew!

16. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

:confused: So you're saying we should draft Manny Lawson from NC State? :confused: ;)

17. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What she said. :agree: :yeahthat: :ditto:
    Plus, if it wasn't for him they would be the Saint Louis Patriots. I doubt too many of us would still be rooting for them.

18. jct

jct Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Has to be BB, he selected the players, and brought us the SBs!!!

19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

That is the most difficult question ever created!

20. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +498 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

"Difficult" or "pointless"?

They're all important.