PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is more concerning? Adrian Peterson,Randy Moss or Jared Allen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brett Farve. Or, specifically, his absence. We do a lot better historically with lots of film; unknowns give us trouble.

This could be trouble too. BB will have to study both Favre and 2 yr. old tapes of Tavares Jackson this week. Hopefully Favre will refuse to sit, gimp out the game, and give us some picks like he did to Green Bay this week.

Last edited:
It has to be Adrian Peterson who is the best rb in the league. He can break tackles from our linebackers then outrun our d backs.

I'm surprised by how many people are saying Jared Allen. I believe he has lost a step and is not as good as he once was. He has one sack on the season. I know people can make the argument that he is getting doubled, but 1. he always gets doubled 2. They only have 6 sacks as a team on the season so if they were consistently doubling him it stands to reason there other d lineman would get pressure.

I'm worried about Harvin in the return game but not so much in the passing game. Brett will make terrible decisions, but if he doesn't play Jackson is not very accurate. This makes me not very worried about Harvin or Moss.

Jared allen and the williams wall. The OL is coming off their worst game of the season so i think this is a consensus #1 for most pats fans. Jared allen fits the speed rusher category and has an array of moves to get it done. Koppen has been struggling against big strong interior D-lineman..... well don't look now but Pat and Kev are coming to town Mr. Koppen. Dan would impress us all big time if he can hold his ground sunday.

Harvin is # 2 on this list with moss drawing attention over the top things have gotten easier for him underneath and he has been making plays on O, as well as in the return game. With the bend but don't break style we employ there will be some room for harvin to work, especially because BB is trying to let this young Secondary keep everything in front of them with that soft zone.

Adrian Peterson is still a major threat to our young D. Fortunately for us run stopping has been the most improved portion of our D with these new alignments we've been seeing. I'm loving Deaderick @ RE on running downs he's the best 2 gapping DE we have. With wilfork playing the other side we once again force teams to run up to middle on warren/wright towards the mayo-spikes tandem.

Last edited:
Peterson, simply put he is the man

I still think we will win by at least 10, remember the 2006 game, they had a "great defense" that Brady just picked apart. It's a cover 2 team, Brady will pick them apart. Not to forget we have about as big an edge in coaching as you can get.

Last edited:
Percy Harvin is a bad match-up for the Pats. He scares me more than anyone.

That team is loaded with talent. How do they keep losing?

The Vikings are as a whole are overrated, but the answer is Peterson and it's not close.

I don't know. I think the Giants are pretty good. I would put them up there with most of the top teams.

The pass rush is fierce and the receivers are very good, but they've been annihilated by the two quality AFC opponents they've faced. I want to see more.

Word... Aside from the Saints who have spit the bit in their defense of the ring season, the NFC is again a crap shoot by default because no team is very good and they only look good in the context of comparison to each other...

The Giants are a top 6 team IMO. Keep disrespecting them if you want but that is the last team I wan't to see this team play in the entire NFL.

nfl_g_favre-childress_576.jpg

Do I need to explain further?

Are you more concerned this week on how the defense will be able to stop AP? Afraid that none of our corners will handle a big target in Moss? or more concerned how Light handles Jared Allen since we know Light struggles often against elite all pro edge pass rushers?

I think Brady's well being is going to be tested this week,the Vikes despite their troubles have one solid defensive line and Allen is a monster at times so Allen is my biggest concern.

If I were the Vikings i would exploit Adrian Peterson as a receiver. We are getting better but we still may be soft in the middle. If Spikes and Mayo are too close to the line to prevent the rush then peterson could have a field day as a receiver. If Mayo is made to drop back in coverage then they may be able to exploit the weak side opposite Wilfork. This is where the huge chess match will exist IMO this Sunday.

The pass rush is fierce and the receivers are very good, but they've been annihilated by the two quality AFC opponents they've faced. I want to see more.

Houston is 4-2 and the Giants beat them 34-10. The Giants' defense really came to life after they inserted Osi Umenyiora (he's second in the league in sacks) back into the starting line up.

Randy Moss is the big worry for me. He is likely to end up one on one with Arrington or Butler a few times and that spells trouble.

On that list, I'm very tempted to say Jared Allen. This is based on how the O-Line, and Light in particular, played in San Diego. However, I'm going to go with Peterson. He's a match-up nightmare in both the running game and the passing game against us. If Jackson plays, we'll see a ton of checkdowns in which the throws will go to A.P. And, as others have mentioned, Percy Harvin.

The protection of Brady is my only concern in this game. This was a problem against a good Chargers defense last week, and could be against the Vikings as well. They've got to find a way to keep the pocket from collasping, otherwise Brady may be on his back most of the night.

Remember Brady has a 23 game winning streak at home,second to you know who...Brett Favre
...for some reason I am REALLY wondering if this game is the ONE that ends the long streak,I have a bad feeling.

None of the above. Wake me when we're playing an AFC team.

Yes, because when deciding who wins the division or wild card, they go first to AFC record with no regard whatsoever to overall record.
We should probably just sit our first string this week.

A horrible coach with a QB held together by duct tape who likes to embrace his "gunslinger" image way too much.

I'd say after last week, Allen will be my biggest worry. While he hasn't looked as good as last year, our Oline looks bad lately and our Dline looks much better against the run. Plus no matter who is at QB, we're pretty much guaranteed to get at least 2 turnovers, we NEED to make those count and to make them count we NEED to keep Brady safe.

Peterson
Moss
Allen
Harvin

All four are major concerns, IMO, although I'm probably less worried about Allen than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back