PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is messing w/ Givens

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Ive never seen so many bogus reports on a Free Agent, especially coming from legitimate sources.

its his attention seeking, amateur agent behind all of this.

I highly doubt it is the agent. It is counter productive to have your FA client reported as signed when he isn't.

Astute call, BigMike.

dhamz said:
I highly doubt it is the agent. It is counter productive to have your FA client reported as signed when he isn't.
As I posted in the other thread, it's clearly the agent :

This is the guy talking about the 12+ teams that were interested before FA started. Well, one day in it looks like that's 2 teams plus his previous team. The guy is trying to create a market because he's oversold to his client especially after Jurevicious got $10M for 4 years (I do like Givens more). Well, Belichick isn't going to deal with a distraction like this. If Blank (appropriate name) wants to talk, Belichick will, but if other options are out there that he likes, he'll move on. I have no doubt about that. And Miami probably is on hold with an offer due to the Brees thing . . . if they sign him they likely won't have much for a big Givens offer. I bet Miami hasn't even made an offer yet so this ****** was trying to get Houston to jump out of their skin with a big offer the way Cleveland did with LeCharles Bently when he was supposedly going to Philly.

dhamz said:
Yeah, Blank is the consummate pro. After all, look at all the big free agents he's had in the past. There was.......um......well.....ah.......

Dave! The calls are coming from inside the house!!!!!!

Last edited:
dhamz said:
LeCharles Bentley says "Hi".

Of course it's his agent. This has happened twice in 2 days. And it hasn't happened to anyone else.

I thought it may be Blank as well...makes sense to have these flase reports out there..like there is MORE interest than less...smells to me!! Lets see what false report comes out later today??

Agent Denies Report of Houston Deal; Givens Set to Visit (Your Team Here) Later Today.

What interests me is that it seems like New England, Houston and Miami are the interested parties. And I haven't heard a peep about Antonio Bryant and Finneran. With Jurevicious signing, K-Rob resigning, the WR market may be drying up quickly right now with 3 WR I like still sitting there.

BelichickFan said:
What interests me is that it seems like New England, Houston and Miami are the interested parties. And I haven't heard a peep about Antonio Bryant and Finneran. With Jurevicious signing, K-Rob resigning, the WR market may be drying up quickly right now with 3 WR I like still sitting there.
Quoted almost word-for-word outta my mind.

BelichickFan said:
I guess Seattle may be interested in a WR with Jurevicious gone. Perhaps Philly but they've drafted WR fairly heavily the past two years.

This also speaks to WR in the draft, I bet they'll be slip sliding down quite a bit.

Maybe this Blank character explains why the Pats haven't been able to get a deal done with Givens during the last year?

hwc said:
Maybe this Blank character explains why the Pats haven't been able to get a deal done with Givens during the last year?
Supposedly, Blank was talking about "Hines Ward money" before last year. I think the Patriot's FO did not see it that way. Also, with the CBA in the air, longer contracts were not something that was easy for the team to get into. AN uncapped year..a year with little money?? I really believe the dragging out of the CBA extension really hampered any serious negotiations...(as well with AV..etc). I do agree that WRs are falling fast...and that the Pats need to act or have a Plan B ready.

Does Blank represent Dave Zastudil and L.J Shelton???

The other players whose signings were also "announced" Saturday morning. If not, what would be his motivation for leaking those signings??

Pats726 said:
I do agree that WRs are falling fast...and that the Pats need to act or have a Plan B ready.
I guess Bryant is in SF . . . If I were the Patriots I'd offer Finneran about the same as Jurevicious got (they're almost the same guy) and tell Blank we're moving on unless they're ready to move now.

Miguel said:
Does Blank represent Dave Zastudil and L.J Shelton???

The other players whose signings were also "announced" Saturday morning. If not, what would be his motivation for leaking those signings??
While that's a valid point, "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" applies here. It's clearly a trend at this point.

Pats67 said:
Yeah, Blank is the consummate pro. After all, look at all the big free agents he's had in the past. There was.......um......well.....ah.......

Dave! The calls are coming from inside the house!!!!!!

Amen. Actually Tedy had Blank represent him after his stroke but this from Bostonsportsmedia.com is pretty telling.....

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/archives/002072.php

To which I say, "Who is Brad Blank, and what does he know about building an NFL team?" Oh, he's an agent, you say. In fact, he represents David Givens of the Patriots. Well, having been in the league 20 years, he must be knowledgeable. The fact is, the number of NFL clients that Blank represents has been dwindling, and at present he represents a grand total of 10...count 'em...10 NFL players. Among that total is such luminaries as Todd Collins, Brock Williams, Marcel Shipp and Tom Nalen. (Ok, Nalen is pretty good - but he's a BC guy which could explain why Blank got him.) More telling might be that Blank represents more Boston media personalities than he does NFL players. His roster of media clients includes Ron Borges, Glenn Ordway and Jon Meterparel. Blank recently was on WEEI and made the comment about how much he enjoys reading columns from Borges as they are so "provocative". No mention that he's his agent. How can we expect fair, objective commentary from Blank when he'll shamelessly stump for his client on the airwaves in that manner?

He represents Borges...Need I say more?????

BelichickFan said:
While that's a valid point, "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" applies here. It's clearly a trend at this point.

So Blank may not be responsible for what happened on the Browns' website but is responsible for what John McClain wrote. Please note that McClain's report never indicated from where McClain got his information. Rather than bash Blank, why not McClain??

Please make the case that these erroneous reports will help Givens get a big-money deal because I think they hurt his chances.

Miguel said:
Please make the case that these erroneous reports will help Givens get a big-money deal because I think they hurt his chances.
I think the agent is trying to pull a LeCharles Bentley. About to sign in Philly even though he was from Cleveland and went to Ohio State. All of a sudden he gets the highest contract ever for a Center, $6M a year. I know he's a pro bowler but Centers still aren't usually that highly valued. This may not be what is happening with Givens' agent, but it's a legit analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back