PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is left on the WR market...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are still some 'viable' WR out there including Boerigter.

What about Charles Lee? He disappeared in AZ behind their star WR's, but once was considered a very good player when with Tampa, he's also got very good size. I wonder whether he had an injury along the way and that's why he's off the radar screen. Seems like a classic Pats pick up if healthy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2373

plus the most up to date FA tracker I've seen...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=1

Note: Just tracked down evidence that Lee was cut from AZ in mid-season for arguing with coaches on sideline after missing a couple ST tackles. Maybe he's off the radar screen because he's a head case...

Last edited:
This may sound like sacrilage to some of you but what about Troy Walters from the Colts? He is an UFA and has good hands. When Marvin Harrison would come out of the starting lineup, Walters would go in as the #1 wideout spot. He has good skills. He is fast. And he is a wonderful team player.

patriotsox said:
Price is a sick joke, but very good on Madden, Falcons figured a rookie had a better shot at his position last year and they got rid of him.
Cool name though.

Hopefully a player like Santonio Holmes will be around for the 1st round with the Patriots draft.

As Bill would say the "Price-Value" equation didn't add up. The Falcons signed Price, a #2, for big bucks even as a #1. (Remind you of a guy named Givens?)

When he proceeded to produce as a #2, they could no longer justify the $$, and they cut him. (No more, and probably not all of the Big Bucks!) He left Falcon land with his reputation shattered. But he was a good #2 in Buffalo, and could be a good #2 here, perhaps.

In management school they used to talk about the "Peter Principle" where you got promoted up to and beyond your level of incompetence...

Walters is a midget - 5'7" 172lbs

Last edited:
Who cares how tall a WR is as long as he gets the job done. Steve Smith for Carolina is a midget also but nobody can say anything about his production.

I like Javon Walker. He's very good. What exactly is the story with him? I believe his contract is reasonable. Though the last I heard he wanted out of Green Bay. Why was that again?

I would trade a 3rd rounder for him, but he's still young and Green Bay wouldn't go for that. But you never know till you try. How about waiting till the draft and sending next years' #2 if nothing else materializes?

borisman said:
I like Javon Walker. He's very good. What exactly is the story with him? I believe his contract is reasonable. Though the last I heard he wanted out of Green Bay. Why was that again?

I would trade a 3rd rounder for him, but he's still young and Green Bay wouldn't go for that. But you never know till you try. How about waiting till the draft and sending next years' #2 if nothing else materializes?

SI just did a story on his story:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/nunyo_demasio/03/24/walker/index.html

Basically, he has a very do-able contract, and he wants out, but Green Bay is not selling. Also if they want to get Favre back for another interception laced year of incredulous accolades, they will have to keep Walker.

He is gone after this year, but I'm not sure what it would take to make the Packers bite.

FreeTedWilliams said:
SI just did a story on his story:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/nunyo_demasio/03/24/walker/index.html

Basically, he has a very do-able contract, and he wants out, but Green Bay is not selling. Also if they want to get Favre back for another interception laced year of incredulous accolades, they will have to keep Walker.

He is gone after this year, but I'm not sure what it would take to make the Packers bite.

Thanks for the link. Looks like it was posted today. Nice find.

Half way through I saw he had hired Drew Rosenhaus and I almost stopped reading it but saw he again switched agents. Looks like he's very unhappy in GB but he's coming off a serious knee injury so who knows what will happen with that situation, but I would surely inquire about him if I was BB. It would also be an insurance policy if things don't work out with my man Deion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back