PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is left on the WR market...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Anyone have inkling on who is left on the WR market...

You dont want to know

But Burleson can be had for a 3rd.

Josh Reed - Gone
Keyshawn- Gone
Moulds- Not sure if I want him
Walker- Might be intriguing...
johnny morton- oh boy

maybee one of the lions recievers

Charles Rodgers???

You know who be perfect for this offense ,,David Givens... Oh wait he is gone too

Seriously, I think Bill is doing more than giving pep talks to Florida Gators and watching Spring Training... Hello Chad Jackson???

This is the best of what's left...

Nate Burleson (RFA)
Az-Zahir Hakim
Michael Lewis
Dez White
Jerome Pathon
Tim Carter

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/freeagents/showposition.asp?Position=WR

Out of those names the two I like the most are Lewis and Carter. Maybe a 1 or 2 year deal for Lewis since he's 35, but he's a good special teamer/kick returner. Carter is a young guy with potential, although he never really made it with the Giants.

I think I would go with Price.. He would be a good possesion reciever...

DaBruinz said:
Peerless Price

Price is a sick joke, but very good on Madden, Falcons figured a rookie had a better shot at his position last year and they got rid of him.
Cool name though.

Hopefully a player like Santonio Holmes will be around for the 1st round with the Patriots draft.

Last edited:
If we could trade Bethel and a low pick for Burleson, I'd do it.

We just need a solid #2 to make our recieving core as good if not better than last year. The addition of Burleson would make our WR a group to be reckoned with. I'd LOVE it if we signed him and I'd willingly give up a 3rd rounder for him.

Just my 2 C.

Burleson would be nice. But would Vikings match any sort of a market offer, or would they rather cut ties and take the pick? Only one way to find out ...

I actually wouldn't mind a flier on Peerless Price. He proved a few years ago to have decent talent opposite Moulds (and that was with the Statue flinging the rock).

Can't really fault him for not panning out in Atlanta with Mike Vick "throwing" to him.

What scares me about him is that he was cut, bounced around, and really did jack last year though. Not a good sign ... he might be irreperable damaged goods.

Nate Burleson
Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD
---- ----- - -- -- ----- ---- -- --- --- --- ---
2003 Minnesota Vikings 16 9 29 455 15.7 52 2 7 1 17
2004 Minnesota Vikings 16 15 68 1006 14.8 68 9 14 4 50
2005 Minnesota Vikings 12 9 30 328 10.9 20 1 1 0 20

Looks good with an established #1 so might be a good number 2 or 3, if you look at the numbers for 2004 with Randy Moss as the #1 for Minnesota.
Also experience with Special Teams.

# 83 Kevin Curtis

2003 St. Louis Rams 4 1 4 13 3.3 8 0 0 0 1
2004 St. Louis Rams 15 0 32 421 13.2 41 2 5 1 18
2005 St. Louis Rams 16 9 60 801 13.4 83 6 8 4 35

He has had some experience and looks to have some tools. Also a little young, so could come at a cheaper price.

These are the only guys that boast average stats, I guess the Partiots are looking for a WR in the draft.

I was really hoping for a LB with the 1st draft, but maybe we can trade up next year and get Penn State's Paul Posloskani.

IM DREAMING THOUGH.

Price is not a #1 WR. However, with a good #1 opposite him (Moulds a few years ago), he can be very productive. Who knows, he could be real good playing opposite Branch... and if we had Moulds he would only have to be a 3. That would be a very decent WR corps.

Post-draft cuts may turn up something as well.

patriotsox said:
Nate Burleson
2003 Minnesota Vikings 16 9 29 455 15.7 52 2 7 1 17
2004 Minnesota Vikings 16 15 68 1006 14.8 68 9 14 4 50
2005 Minnesota Vikings 12 9 30 328 10.9 20 1 1 0 20

Looks good with an established #1 so might be a good number 2 or 3, if you look at the numbers for 2004 with Randy Moss as the #1 for Minnesota.

# 83 Kevin Curtis

He has had some experience and looks to have some tools. Also a little young, so could come at a cheaper price.

These are the only guys that boast average stats, I guess the Partiots are looking for a WR in the draft.

Kevin Curtis was tendered at the mid-range tender offer. That means he'd cost a 1st round pick.

Burleson was only tendered at the low end so he'd only cost a 3rd rounder.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
You know who be perfect for this offense ,,David Givens... Oh wait he is gone too

Seriously, I think Bill is doing more than giving pep talks to Florida Gators and watching Spring Training... Hello Chad Jackson???
I'd love to see them take Chad Jackson in round 1 - IF they first sign Lavaar Arrington to be the OLB opposite Colvin (otherwise I see OLB as a bigger need). If they can get Arrington, then I'm rooting for either Jackson or DeAngelo Williams in round 1 (possibly Lendell White, although I worry too much that he could be an Antowain Smith, rather than an Earl Campbell. He's a power back with no moves).

patriotsox said:
I was really hoping for a LB with the 1st draft, but maybe we can trade up next year and get Penn State's Paul Posloskani.

IM DREAMING THOUGH.
I am too - unless we can pick up Arrington in FA.

patriotsox said:

IM DREAMING THOUGH.

If you mean Paul Pozlusny and I think you do, he is returning for his senior year. Plus he is an ILB which kind of is a little off topic on a WR thread. But having met him by going to PSU with him, I would KILL for him to be a Pat next year.

# 83 Kevin Curtis

This is the guy we want really steped up with the rams when Bruce
got hurt . He would cost a 4th rounder i think he is a RA

These are the only guys that boast average stats, I guess the Partiots are looking for a WR in the draft.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes