PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is Jason Chayut? Intelligence on Deion's agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamplay

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I searched PatsFan's archives for background info...little info...thought we'd start a thread on competitive intelligence.

Here's what I compiled from Google this morning:

* Agent with Sportstars, Inc. of NY...other agents there include Alan Heiman, Brian Mackler, Jim Ivler, and Dave Butz

* Len Pasquarelli noted Sportstars was second behind IMG in signings during the 2003 draft. He had this to say: "Emerging agencies like Sportstars and Priority Sports and Entertainment now number four or five representatives each under their corporate umbrellas and the merged efforts have paid off handsomely. Both groups finished in the top five this spring. Sportstars, which has dramatically increased its national reach in recent years under the principle direction of Alan Herman and Brian Mackler, had the most clients drafted for the second consecutive year."

* Some of the players currently or formerly represented by Chayut:
Deion Branch WR
Dunta Robinson CB
Sheldon Brown CB
Johnathan Joseph 06 CB
Ko Simpson 06
DeWayne White 03
Tim Jennings 06
Andre Goodman 06 CB Miami
Langston Moore 03

* Lots of cornerbacks in that list

* He's fairly young, perhaps 30-35 judging by a 2002 wedding photo

* Of the 100+ Google links I skimmed, over 90% pertain to Deion. This appears to be his first significant public flap.

Last edited:
Re: Who is Jason Chayut?

Interesting...I think obviously he is quite new...I think Deion was one of his first clients..so in many ways negotiating an extension might have been a bit new to him. Poston wannbee...

teamplay said:
I searched PatsFan's archives for background info...little info...thought we'd start a thread on competitive intelligence.

Here's what I compiled from Google this morning:

* Agent with Sportstars, Inc. of NY...other agents there include Alan Heiman, Brian Mackler, Jim Ivler, and Dave Butz

* Len Pasquarelli noted Sportstars was second behind IMG in signings during the 2003 draft. He had this to say: "Emerging agencies like Sportstars and Priority Sports and Entertainment now number four or five representatives each under their corporate umbrellas and the merged efforts have paid off handsomely. Both groups finished in the top five this spring. Sportstars, which has dramatically increased its national reach in recent years under the principle direction of Alan Herman and Brian Mackler, had the most clients drafted for the second consecutive year."

* Some of the players currently or formerly represented by Chayut:
Deion Branch WR
Dunta Robinson CB
Sheldon Brown CB
Johnathan Joseph 06 CB
Ko Simpson 06
DeWayne White 03
Tim Jennings 06
Andre Goodman 06 CB Miami
Langston Moore 03

* Lots of cornerbacks in that list

* Of the 100+ Google links I skimmed, over 90% pertain to Deion. This appears to be his first significant public flap.
A bunch of his clients are rookies this year. He obviously didn't study history how the Pats handled Seymour's holdout and other holdouts. To me it looks like he's kind of a rookie himself and I think both Deion and the agent are to blame.

As for Pasquarelli...the more I read profootballtalk.com the more I see pasquarelli as losing credibility by kissing people's rearend and not being truly objective.

I still hold firm to my prediction the agent will be fired so Deion saves face and then he will sign the original deal. End the drama!!!

Last edited:
teamplay said:

I love the fact that when you google his name the third link that comes up is his wedding album from the New York metro.

I'm just making assumptions and judgements, but it seems Chayut and his wife are just posh New Yorkers who are all about money. I mean all that superficial sh!t is just the complete opposite of what Belichick stands for.

After seeing his list of clients, it also seems that Chayut is fairly new to big-time negotiations. I think Deion got taken by this smooth talking agent, and I hope he gets out soon.

Last edited:
MrBigglesWorth said:
I still hold firm to my prediction the agent will be fired so Deion saves face and then he will sign the original deal. End the drama!!!
I hope you are correct...yes, it does seem like he's a rookie at negotiations..doing a rookie contract is hardly the same as the big leagues..and he is far off. Frankly, he's done more to alienate his client from the fans and the team..and has cost his client money...fines. This throws the rookie right into the Superbowl of negotiations...good luck!!! There are two parts to this..the deal and the trade..and unless both are complete..he loses. I don't think he's a first class poker player..NEXT!!

So much for the "trade Deion for Sheldon Brown" thing. :(

Nice post!

thx for the info

With that player list it looks like this is an agent trying to make a name for himself by taking a hard line with the Pats. When the Pats called his bluff, he must've creamed his pants :p

This is a very interesting post/list. And it explains a thing or two. Looking at his client list no wonder he's being such a ball buster. It's a bunch of nobodies or guys that haven't become stars yet Deion is by far and away the biggest name on that list.

Deion may have been his first client...and certainly the most known..so yes, he's on stage now for all to see what he does..He's been running off at the mouth how Deion was worth X amount..and such and now, he has to get it..OR he may look pretty dumb. Oh..and by the way..it's NOT just the deal he must come up with...but also the compensation. Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down