Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who is Imam Rauf

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Aug 16, 2010.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Well the Imam has quite a background, goes to show what fools the US Government is to invest in radicals who want to destroy our country (I include the Bush administration as well as Obama.

I would like to provide some information about why the Mosque is being placed at Ground Zero and why the fools on the left totally miss the point and support people whose goal is to impose Sharia on the West.

First about the Imam:

Pajamas Media The Ground Zero Mosque Developer: Muslim Brotherhood Roots, Radical Dreams

Daddy was involved with the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood, and fled Egypt as a result, how nice.

More about the 'moderate' Dr Rauf:

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2462

Gee nice people he had working this 'cultural center' how moderate...:rolleyes:

The good Dr Rauf has written a book named "What’s Right with Islam Is What’s Right with America", who a nice title, this book has been published in many Muslim countires, how is it presented to the homeys overseas?

Rauf’s Dawa from the World Trade Center Rubble - Article - National Review Online

the Title in Muslim Malaysia: "A Call to Prayer from the World Trade Center Rubble: Islamic Dawa in the Heart of America Post-9/11. "

Just a little different spin there...

The location of the Mosque at Ground Zero?

Where will the Ground Zero mega-mosque be? <em>On</em> Ground Zero - Jihad Watch

600ft from the WTC, about 2 football fields from the WTC a place damaged and delivered to the Islamist by the 9-11 destruction of the WTC.

Most interesting is the rabid support of leftist for a Mosque at Ground Zero.

American Thinker: Obama Is Colluding with a New Fascist Imperialism

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I hope after the Mosque is built, there will be a coalition of liberals and conservatives picketing and protesting any abhorrent views expressed by its leaders. That's the American way.
  3. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Perhaps the Germans can build a Tuetonic Cultural center next to Aushwitz.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Old American Tid Bit:
    "Nip It In The Bud"

:bricks:
  5. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is a great compilation of all the questions surrounding the issue. Rumor is they're going to move the mosque.
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +312 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Pehaps the Nazis can march through Skokie, Il. which has a predominantly Jewish population.

Oh wait - they did. The Constitution said they could.

Refresh my mind, 13, is the German government based upon the American Constitution?
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

You make a good point. The lack of freedoms in other countries should not be the standards we succumb to. Sorry 13 but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. On the other hand I don’t think our president would be speaking in front of a group of Nazi’s, giving their march through Skokie a hearty stamp of approval. Now I’m not comparing the Muslims he spoke to to Nazi’s but based on his stepping back the next day I think he figured out he was a little over the line and went beyond just defending the constitution. He was a little too enthusiastic I think and based on the reactions of people from all corners of the political spectrum I’m not the only one that thinks so.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

This Imam already has a mosque within 12 block of Ground Zero this isn't a religious freedom issue this is an issue of what is serving the local community those decisions are made all the time. There are over a hundred mosques ion NYC no one is being denied their freedom of religion.

This is being made a big issue because people want to kowtow to the muslims thinking that will make them like us. I would suggest you examine some of the links to see what I mean. Standards of decency mean as much as legal standards, this mosque doesn't pass that test.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +312 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

You're right. These decisions ARE made all the time. And this time, the city and the local governments decided that building this one was ok.

And over 800,000 Muslims - which breaks down to 8,000 Muslims per mosque. Kinda crowded, wouldn't ya say?

Consider that in the entire state of New York there are 2.5 million Catholics and over 400 churches to serve them.

The Catholics have 3 times the membership but 4 times the churches.

According to Catholic statistics, there are hardly enough mosques to serve the Muslim faithful.

Whose "standards of decency?" And where do they "mean as much as legal standards?" More claptrap silly talk, 13. America was not founded on some obscure "standard of decency." It was founded the premise that all men are created equal and should be treated that way.

I defy you to show me any place in the Declaration of Independence or in the Constitution where the word "decency" becomes law.
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

If you desire to be a useful idiot for the Islamist be my guest. No muslim is being denied to a mosque. BTW initially Rauf lied and said it would be a community center and not a mosque.
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Another good article from Andrew McCarthy (involved in the first WTC case) about why Islam is the problem, it is fundamentally diggerent that Judeo Christians or Bhuddism.

The Tolerant Pose - Article - National Review Online

Nothing to see here jsut move along sheep.
  12. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +312 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

So why do you persist in calling it a mosque?

Better to be a "useful idiot" and tell the truth than to be as yourself and be a useless one who spouts rhetoric and lies - never backing it up with anything other than a biased blog or who totally ignores when his "information" is proven bogus - such as your talk of "billboard" ads being banned which turned out to be a giant made-up LIE. Or the talk of a Greek Orthodox church not being approved in the same neighborhood when it turns out it IS approved - but it wants to be bigger and that's holding up progress. And where's the proof to your "story" that the proposed cultural center will be topped with a traditional minaret when, in fact, there aren't even blueprints in the making yet?

It is the right who keeps referring to it as a mosque time and time again. Show me one instance where a right news source has referred to it as a "Cultural Center," in spite of the fact that we've been told all along that it's a "cultural center," by it's developers and supporters - including many Jewish rabbis.
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Feel Free to believe whatever you want, just understand the religion you support still will want you in a burka no matter how nice you think you are. Chamberland thought he could make a deal with Hitler. Liberals think they can make deals with Islamist.
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

abiding by the Constitution = making deals

got it

(btw, how those noted libruls Bush I and II deal with the Islamists in Saudi Arabia?
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

That was a viral video posted on the internet.. the article does not do it justice, that video clearly shows that the bible thumpers were looking for a fight.. and the police kept the peace.

But if the National Review says it, it must be true;););)

Some comments that may have more veracity than a you tube video....

Cordoba Mosque: Hamas is Not Us - National - The Atlantic

17. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

More fake news:ugh: Let's check WH.gov or wait and see what Gibbsie says before we go any furthur:mad:
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Link to the video?

BTW as to LGF, the comments about Rauf and Hamas come right from the Imam. See the last article in post ! about why the left is so fanatical defending the Islamist and their victory mosque.
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +312 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Jezuz Chrizt, 13, I'm not "supporting" anything or anyone. I'm Jewish, fer godsake!!

Supporting other's rights to have and practice their own religious beliefs is hardly supporting the religion itself.

Where's your problem with that, anyhow?

Can you not separate the two?
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Do you have a brain???. I think not, you sound like a rabid stupid dog... vikctory mosque, Joe Scarborough is right the pachyderm party has been hijacked by a bunch of complete idiots...

The post is from a man who knows the linkages to Hamas.. good enough for me.

The video made the rounds last summer or fall, the right wing christians were looking for a fight/conflict and the police interceded to keep the peace as they should have.. they acted like complete azzholes complete with waiving their bibles around.. google it if you like, done enough heavy lifting for one day..
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010