PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is gonna be the next Pats coach to leave???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxJock1120

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Whatever you do, please don't say BB!!!! No, just kidding, I am interested about what you guys think on the issue. Being the model team for the last 6 years, we have lost a number of coaches to other teams. So does anyone have a prediction about who will be the next coach to leave??? And who will be hired to replace him. It can either be to another pro team or to college. My guess will be Pees, and I cannot yet say to which team, best guess would be the Giants. And I will say Greg Schiano from Rutgers to replace him. (Yeah, I know this is totally a long shot, but hey you never know)

Bellichick after he claims his 10th Lombardi, Untill then let's keep the staff in place ok?:D

Hopefully McDaniels.

I would welcome a new offensive coordinator with open arms.

McDaniels just doesn't get it.

Everyone loves to piss on offensive coordinators.

Everyone loves to piss on offensive coordinators.

I wouldn't know anything about THAT :D

But i'm willing to give him a chance this year and see what Josh can really do with our weapons.

Last year Brady was throwing the ball to part-time Kohl's employees and did pretty damn good with that.

So i think it's fair to give Josh one more year.

But i'm willing to give him a chance this year and see what Josh can really do with our weapons.

Last year Brady was throwing the ball to part-time Kohl's employees and did pretty damn good with that.

I remember when people said the same kind of stuff about Charlie Weis.

So many external things factor into the affectiveness of playcalling like personnel, execution, and the defense.

Despite the Patriots problems on offense the past two years (WR last year, RB the year before) they have still been able to put points on the board. A lot of that is due to Brady but I give McDaniels some credit too.

Offensive play calling is the kind of thing where every fan thinks they know best and loves to call out the guy who is in charge of it. McDaniels has had his struggles and he has had it tough always being compared to Weis, who was a brilliant offensive mind and had a great connection to Brady. It's a hard act to follow. And it's a different situation in that Weis was definitely an authority figure over Brady while Brady and McDaniels are really more equals.

This year it looks like McDaniels will have a full fleet of offensive weapons which will certainly make his job easier. On paper this looks to be the most talented offense the Patriots have ever had. That combined with the fact that McDaniels has gotten more experience with playcalling and this offense and could likely see improvement this year.

Josh may look like a genius with this collection of players (if we remain relativly healthy!).

No issues with Josh, he exists in a context of this whole team, if BB was not happy with his performance his role would be modified. BB is not listening to Bon Jovi on his earphones...

Whatever you do, please don't say BB!!!! No, just kidding, I am interested about what you guys think on the issue. Being the model team for the last 6 years, we have lost a number of coaches to other teams. So does anyone have a prediction about who will be the next coach to leave??? And who will be hired to replace him. It can either be to another pro team or to college. My guess will be Pees, and I cannot yet say to which team, best guess would be the Giants. And I will say Greg Schiano from Rutgers to replace him. (Yeah, I know this is totally a long shot, but hey you never know)

Schiano just signed an extension to keep him at Rutgers until 2016, so I'm hoping you're thinking of this happening in 2012 or so. :)

[Now if only the Pats could, say, sign Gostkowski until 2016 . . . :D ]

Hopefully McDaniels.

I would welcome a new offensive coordinator with open arms.

McDaniels just doesn't get it.

Them's some strong words!

Wow, what happened in those 6 minutes? Multiple personality disorder?

Both Pats coordinators without a doubt in my mind.

I would think McDaniels would get more head coaching offers than Pees does, if and should the Pats go deep in this year's playoffs. There's so much media and fan attention to the Pats offense right now, and if that side of the ball delivers as promised, McDaniels will be a high candidate for some team who is looking for a new coach and who has a struggling offense. I cannot think of anybody within the staff that can replace him.

As for Pees, my own feeling though is that knowing his background, I expect him to have a bit more success as a NFL head coach than McDaniels will since Dean had been a head coach in college. Experience like that helps. If Dom Capers was available at the end of this season, I would take interest in him as the next Pats DC should Pees leave... Capers is an excellent DC and has been within this type of system under Coughlin and Saban, so being under BB wouldn't be much of a problem. (And the sad fact that Capers' head coaching window is permanently closed, he could stay here as long as BB is here, which IMO would be fine by me.)

Its just a matter of how long those teams are willing to wait until the Pats finish their season so they can hire Pees and McDaniels.

Them's some strong words!

Wow, what happened in those 6 minutes? Multiple personality disorder?

Hopefully if a coach is to leave, then it is Mr. McDaniels.
However, I will give him one more year before i lose all hope with him.
He should be able to do something with this team.

Is that ok?

Why is everyone sick of McDaniels? I mean look he is not Weis, but noone really is. Weis offensive mind is really second to none. Josh however is probably a little more conservative, not as inventive, but he is not the reason we lost games last year. Plus he is only 30 years old, and I also think the addition of the Duke coach will take some pressure of him. However, if our offense is not top 5 this year, then he definetly must go!!!!

McDaniels. His name already popped up, plus offensive coaches are always pursued. I don't think Pees goes anywhere anytime soon.

I really don't think any coach will leave any time soon. After RC and Weiss left and the Pats continued to be successful I believe most teams will pin the success on BB and not the other coaches.

Remember the thread last week "you know it's a long off season when"? When a thread like this gets posted. :D

Schiano just signed an extension to keep him at Rutgers until 2016, so I'm hoping you're thinking of this happening in 2012 or so. :)

[Now if only the Pats could, say, sign Gostkowski until 2016 . . . :D ]

Prior to Saban taking the deal in Miami, the year prior he had signed a 5 year extension that was in the neighborhood of $10 million or about @2 million a year. Which was a LOT for a College coach at that time. So, extensions aren't guarantees of a College coach staying if a pro coaching position opens up. Unless you are someone like BB's dad.

I'll make a guess and say Pepper Johnson gets offered a DC job.

I'll make a guess and say Pepper Johnson gets offered a DC job.

Interesting point, but I doubt that BB would let him walk. Same thing happened to Peas when Saban got the Dolphins job. He wanted Peas to be the DC but BB said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes