PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is going to the Skins game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going, but no tickets yet. 8 years ago (last time the Pats played here), I was able to get very cheap tickets outside the stadium a few minutes after the game had started. I'm hoping that's still an option.

Anyone know if otherwise?

I'm going, but no tickets yet. 8 years ago (last time the Pats played here), I was able to get very cheap tickets outside the stadium a few minutes after the game had started. I'm hoping that's still an option.

I don't know why it wouldn't be. I bought mine yesterday and they were definitely not cheap (although they cost half as much as the MNF Ravens tickets I bought in 2007 for roughly the same spot....50 yard line, row 15, in back of Pats bench). My thing is unless I get great seats, it's better to watch at home, especially with a 5year old.

The few weeks between Thanksgiving and Xmas have traditionally been good times to score cheaper tickets. It's the holiday/weather dynamic.

Obviously how selective one is of seating plays an important point.

I prefer to sit at the 20/30 yard line higher us that's pretty easy.

I am heading up from central VA, and scored a grey lot pass for $40, inc shipping. I was considering the metro, but they are randomly closing stations on the weekends (the past weekend, the whole red line was practically closed) for repairs. I'd rather deal with the madness from my car then sharing the madness with 20K ppl on the metro :)

anyone know where the best place to buy a parking pass is??

It has always been my experience that if you are patient enough and willing to miss the opening kickoff, then your plan yields the greatest value; this hold true regardless of who is playing, or where. It can be rather nerve-racking though, especially the first couple of times doing it, so it's not what I would recommend for everybody.

The Patriots finally gave me the ticket info for this game. I won an away travel package and my fiance and I will be in section 420. In the nose bleed section.

Last edited:
By the way, folks - - we're going to see a VERY entertaining and aggressive defensive scheme by the Patriots this week if my tea leaves reading of Mike Reiss' mailbag is any indication.

I think he knows something here and is not wanting to spill too much:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/boston/chat/_/id/41609
-------------------------------

"Aaron (Sharon)

With Davis out, how do you see the Patriots secondary matching up against the Skins passing game? Do you think McCourty will be playing, and if so, do you think he might finally do something besides let receivers catch balls?

Mike (12:54 PM)

Aaron, they are coming after the Redskins. I'm not sure how much McCourty will play, it at all. I'm also not sure how the specific matchups will go. But I do believe they want to get after it. Should be fun to watch.

Now read that carefully. The questioner did not ask about the aggressiveness scheme - - yet Reiss twice in there emphasizes that the Pats D will get after (or come after) the Skins this weekend. Then he tantalizingly writes "Should be fun to watch".

It's as if he's saying "Get yer popcorn ready".

Man, would I love to personally witness the type of defensive game they put up on the Buccaneers in the pre-season!

Last edited:
By the way, folks - - we'r going to see a VERY entertaining and aggressive defensive scheme by the Patriots this week if my tea leaves reading of Mike Reiss' mailbag is any indication.

I think he knows something here and is not wanting to spill too much:

"Aaron (Sharon)

With Davis out, how do you see the Patriots secondary matching up against the Skins passing game? Do you think McCourty will be playing, and if so, do you think he might finally do something besides let receivers catch balls?

Mike (12:54 PM)

Aaron, they are coming after the Redskins. I'm not sure how much McCourty will play, it at all. I'm also not sure how the specific matchups will go. But I do believe they want to get after it. Should be fun to watch.

Now read that carefully. The questioner did not ask about the aggressiveness scheme - - yet Reiss twice in there emphasizes that the Pats D will get after (or come after) the Skins this weekend. Then he tantalizingly writes "Should be fun to watch".

Man, would I love to personally witness the type of defensive game they put up on the Buccaneers in the pre-season!

So would I! Lets hope it happens while in DC!! I cant wait to go!!

Living in the Hampton Roads area in VA, I bought my tickets back in pre-season. I'm 23, and Brady and Belichick brought me into pro football back in 2001 as underdogs and me being the only person in my middle school that saw their potential, and that superbowl run brought every emotion out of me for the NFL. Been following them ever since. The only time I've seen Brady in person is for a few possesions in pre-season back about 6 or so years ago. I've lived in VA my whole life, so my whole family are huge skins fans. I can honestly say I am very fond of them as well, because of the local media and how many times Ive been to Fedex Field, including when my dad had season tickets. Nonetheless, I've been waiting for this day for a longgg time. :rocker:

The parking isnt as bad as spoken about, as long as you get there early, you should be fine. As for leaving, the interstate ramp is literally less than half a mile off Stadium Drive that has about 4-5 lanes to help move traffic, so that isnt all that terrible either.

As for the food, the food is decent there I guess. I never get anything usually, as I grub a lot in tailgate area. Nothing stands out. The hot chocolate or hot wings I definitely get on a cold day to warm me up, thats about it.

I want to see the Pats get their act together and stay on this winning streak, but Id also wouldn't feel too bad seeing my local team upsetting the AFC powerhouse at home. I expect to see the Pats rolling on them in blowout fashion. Either way, I want to see a good game.

Last game I saw was last years Eagles/Skins on MNF... We all know how that went lol. SMH

Last edited:
Living in the Hampton Roads area in VA, I bought my tickets back in pre-season. I'm 23, and Brady and Belichick brought me into pro football back in 2001 as underdogs and me being the only person in my middle school that saw their potential, and that superbowl run brought every emotion out of me for the NFL. Been following them ever since. The only time I've seen Brady in person is for a few possesions in pre-season back about 6 or so years ago. I've lived in VA my whole life, so my whole family are huge skins fans. I can honestly say I am very fond of them as well, because of the local media and how many times Ive been to Fedex Field, including when my dad had season tickets. Nonetheless, I've been waiting for this day for a longgg time. :rocker:

The parking isnt as bad as spoken about, as long as you get there early, you should be fine. As for leaving, the interstate ramp is literally less than half a mile off Stadium Drive that has about 4-5 lanes to help move traffic, so that isnt all that terrible either.

As for the food, the food is decent there I guess. I never get anything usually, as I grub a lot in tailgate area. Nothing stands out. The hot chocolate or hot wings I definitely get on a cold day to warm me up, thats about it.

I want to see the Pats get their act together and stay on this winning streak, but Id also wouldn't feel too bad seeing my local team upsetting the AFC powerhouse at home. I expect to see the Pats rolling on them in blowout fashion. Either way, I want to see a good game.

Last game I saw was last years Eagles/Skins on MNF... We all know how that went lol. SMH

In Massachusetts, before moving to Maryland, the Skins always were my NFC favorites.

.....and then Satan bought them.

The Redskins fanbase deserves better than that. He's an abomination.

In Massachusetts, before moving to Maryland, the Skins always were my NFC favorites.

.....and then Satan bought them.

The Redskins fanbase deserves better than that. He's an abomination.

lol, I agree. Although I have to say the overall culture in DC is improving with the new GM and Shanny, they are finally truly re-building and not just plugging in major holes with big name players that dont produce. They have a great group of young talent with the draft last year, and we can only see what happens after a couple more drafts.

I'm 23, and Brady and Belichick brought me into pro football back in 2001 as underdogs and me being the only person in my middle school that saw their potential, and that superbowl run brought every emotion out of me for the NFL. Been following them ever since.

That's pretty cool.

I was in LA on business and met a guy with a similar story. I was touring the Hollywood and Vine area and I noticed a mom and pop sports shop. When I went in I was pleasantly surprised to see that 60% of the store consisted of Patriots gear. Got talking to the owner who said the Pats became his team during that run and for that very reason. He had absolutely no ties to NE

Have fun......and don't bet on the nfc upset! ;

lol, I agree. Although I have to say the overall culture in DC is improving with the new GM and Shanny, they are finally truly re-building and not just plugging in major holes with big name players that dont produce. They have a great group of young talent with the draft last year, and we can only see what happens after a couple more drafts.

I have 2 names for you:

Fred Davis and Trent Williams.

Sorry.

I am! So excited to see Brady get his first win @Washington.

As far as I know, you can park on Jericho city drive which is basically a church parking lot thats right next to the stadium.
My grandfather is a skins fan and has season tickets, so we have a parking pass. You may be able to buy a parking pass from someone (there are many guys around who would be happy to sell you passes, tickets, etc) and if you get one, green is the way to go (to get out quicker!)

I have really only been to a few games so I wish I could be of more help... last game was the exhibition against the pats a year or two ago!

Edit: Been a pats fan since the Super Bowl against the Packers... that game made me a fan of football (Plus my high school team was the patriots, plus they had the exact same logo, so that helped big time :)) Hope to see another win live (this time one that actually counts!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo, what is a typical Redskins crowd like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes