PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is going to be at the draft??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pat

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Just curious. I go every year. (Easy for me living in Manhattan). You always see a few Pats fans, but mostly Jets, Giants fans. The Steelers, Eagles, for some reason Vikings, and Raiders fans always have a good showing of people. (I imagine with the #1 pick there will be a ton of Raider fans).

I would just like to see if the Pats will have a strong showing of support this year.

Last edited:
Just curious. I go every year. (Easy for me living in Manhattan). You always see a few Pats fans, but mostly Jets, Giants fans. The Steelers, Eagles, for some reason Vikings, and Raiders fans always have a good showing of people. (I imagine with the #1 pick there will be a ton of Raider fans).

I would just like to see if the Pats will have a strong showing of support this year.

I've always wanted to go. What is the line situation like? How early do you have to get in line? Do lots of people get turned away?

This year its at Radio City so its the largest venue they have ever had, so getting in should not be a problem.

Here is the deal. There is a line every year, and they have turned people away. But like I said I do not see eople getting tuned away at Radio City. But the draft is like a 8 hour event, lots of people show up for their team to pick and than leave, so they will keep letting people in. Throughout he day. Also you can wait by the exits and as people leave they will generally give you there tickets so you can go in and watch your team pick.

Its such a long day, and really when you are there it is kind of exciting geting caught up in the many different fan bases there booing every pick that is not their teams, and getting into it with each other. Since the Pats pick late every year, I usually go to one of the many bars in the area with a group of friends, watch the draft, drink, eat lots of food that is bad fo you. Than head over at like the 15th pick, (about 2 hours after the draft starts) there is no line by than, you can get right in, and than hang out for another 2 hours in the place. The draft is cool because the ESPN guys will banter wih the crowd, some of the players will greet you, the ribbings between fan bases, you get all the draft junk and players books that they hand out .

If you have never been I suggest you go once, yes the down time between picks can be boring, and when the Pats 1st pick is 2 1/2 hours after the start of the draft it can get tedious sitting there, but it is still a fun experiance.

And if you stay for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rd you stay with the true die hard fans. but its smaller group and you get ito a very social with everyone who is left (usually only a few hundred people at this point).

And if you show up for day 2, you are no joke. I think ESPN lets you on the telecast at that point

This year its at Radio City so its the largest venue they have ever had, so getting in should not be a problem.

Here is the deal. There is a line every year, and they have turned people away. But like I said I do not see eople getting tuned away at Radio City. But the draft is like a 8 hour event, lots of people show up for their team to pick and than leave, so they will keep letting people in. Throughout he day. Also you can wait by the exits and as people leave they will generally give you there tickets so you can go in and watch your team pick.

Its such a long day, and really when you are there it is kind of exciting geting caught up in the many different fan bases there booing every pick that is not their teams, and getting into it with each other. Since the Pats pick late every year, I usually go to one of the many bars in the area with a group of friends, watch the draft, drink, eat lots of food that is bad fo you. Than head over at like the 15th pick, (about 2 hours after the draft starts) there is no line by than, you can get right in, and than hang out for another 2 hours in the place. The draft is cool because the ESPN guys will banter wih the crowd, some of the players will greet you, the ribbings between fan bases, you get all the draft junk and players books that they hand out .

If you have never been I suggest you go once, yes the down time between picks can be boring, and when the Pats 1st pick is 2 1/2 hours after the start of the draft it can get tedious sitting there, but it is still a fun experiance.

And if you stay for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rd you stay with the true die hard fans. but its smaller group and you get ito a very social with everyone who is left (usually only a few hundred people at this point).

And if you show up for day 2, you are no joke. I think ESPN lets you on the telecast at that point

That sounds like a blast. If I had any friends who cared about the draft I would definitely go. The fact the Patriots pick late is perfect since you can let the NY fans see their team pick early then swoop in later, when there are less people, to see the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back