PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is as excited about seeing Gabriel in a Pat's uni as I am ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSUPatsFan said:
I'm glad I didn't make plans for Sunday (well, except studying...but screw that).

They "STUDY" at FSU??????

Sorry....couldn't resist.

fnordcircle said:
I'm excited but I'm not letting my expectations get too high. Despite poor play in the preseason I thought Reche had a good enough first game in the opener. Only two catches but one was a nice one where he had to stretch for the ball and got hit pretty hard. It was the sort of catch he was flubbing in the preseason.

If Gabriel can outperform Reche I'll be happy.

I'm more excited about seeing Chad Jackson.

It's going to take a few games for these guys to get comfortable in this offense, but once they do, I think we're going to have a remarkable receiving corps. We're going to have two big strong targets, both of whom are blazers. Then you have Caldwell, who I think is going to be very good. When have we had a lineup like that?

The only downside is that they're all new, not just one or two of them, and the Pats offense for a WR is very hard to learn.

Gabriel and /or Jackson would be very nice.
But I'm not getting too excited until I see the inactive list.
... about 28 hours to go. :)

I'm telling ya, Gabriel was a great pickup for us. It was definately one of those "under the radar" deals that caught a lot of teams by surprise and I can't think of one team that wouldn't have gladly given up a 5th round pick for.

He's not a true #1 per se, but with Tom Brady, there really isn't going to be one. Brady's favorite reciever is the one that gets open. He's not going to force it in there very often.

I know that all the Pats fans that get together on sundays down here in Orlando have been excited about Gabriel. We watched him in College here at UCF and are all excited that Pats got him.

Brady has already said things along this line about him in the paper. He has seen enough to know that Gabriel can do things.

Why do you think Randy Moss was so pissed the Raiders let him go? Because, THE KID CAN PLAY.

fnordcircle said:
Despite poor play in the preseason I thought Reche had a good enough first game in the opener. Only two catches but one was a nice one where he had to stretch for the ball and got hit pretty hard. It was the sort of catch he was flubbing in the preseason.

If Gabriel can outperform Reche I'll be happy.

Excellent reminder!

We all saw Caldwell gobble up the only balls that actually made it to him.
This board had been letting him have it during the preseason.
A little appreciation for his Buffalo game would be in order.

mgteich said:
Yes, Gabriel was signed to be our #1. Now let's see him in action.

He was?...Doug Gabriel was signed to me our #1?...That makes me want to go apply for the job..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes