Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Is An Acceptable Starting 2010 LG for Game 1?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Who???????????????????
Consider that we also need a backup to step in when Neal is injured.

Can't answer the question, as I haven't a clue how good (or bad) any of those guys are.

Connolly didn't look good last year, but that doesn't mean he couldn't develop into a serviceable starter this season. Contrarily, his development could just as easily stall and he could continue to suck.

I'm afraid only BB and Dante have any real insight into this question.

How the hell would any of us know...

IMO Mankins is the only Acceptable LG but i said Ted Larsen, im hopeing he can be a rookie stand out if he makes the team... Dan Connolly, we all seen him play he is a realy big drop off from mankins,

We don't know.

4 of the above we have not seen play.

I trust in Dante and Bill to sort the Offensive Line.

Dante rarely fails and if he feels none of these are good enough, then i'm sure Bill will get someone in who can play.

While I agree, I believe that we need TWO starting quality gaurds in addition to Neal. Maybe Connolly is one, maybe not. We did see him as a starting RG last year. Maybe he will be better this year. To me, I well understand counting on Connolly as the backup to Neal. It is even OK to have Ghiaciuc as the backup at LG.

Yes, perhaps Dante has faith in the starting ability of Ohrnberger, Bussye or Larsen.

My bottom line, is that I expect Belichick to bring in at least one reasonably high profile guard if Mankins won't play, perhaps Mawae.

I really haven't a clue. I thought Mankins was good, but he got beat from time to time.

I pick whoever BB and DS pick on the outrageous theory that they know more than I do about this.:rolleyes:

Until we actually see this team in action, we can't make that determination.

As of right now, Logan Mankins.

Only staff can answer that question, even though it might not be right!

I concur, Mankins (but not at 8M per season.)

We haven't even had serious cut downs around the league yet, there will undoubtedly be better players than the two with starting experience we've looked at/signed this week. Mankins has seriously overplayed his hand.

We have otherwise never needed to draft or pay for a starting guard this decade, including our current starter, yet the sky will fall in if we don't sign Mankins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back