PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who here isn't happy with JG performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preseason doesn't mean anything even in this case; im not saying that means JG is gonna be great or terrible I just dont trust the preseason to show what the case will be. We will find out how he does in two weeks, also I just wanted to say that my mom calls him Jimmy Garafalo

Jimmy G also hasn't been seeing any significant time on the field with a number of starters, so whatever results folks are viewing is skewed.

I am more interested in Game 1. That ought to be a high=pressure game for a number of reasons, and if he does well in that arena, then I'd say the team will be fine for those first four weeks, and also fine if TFB went down (praying that he doesn't) during a game later on. After all,when TFB got his knee torn up by that bassid Pollard, Matt Cassel came in and took the team to 11-5.

And of course, a major advantage Brissett has over Garoppolo, is the ease in which we were able to find nicknames for Brissett (Brisket, Biscuit) vs for Garoppolo (Grapes, JAG, Aladdin).

We struggled finding nicknames for Garopollo while the nicknames for Brissett wrote themselves.
Garoppolo Creed
Grappling Garoppolo
Jimmy the G
Jimmy Hendrix Garoppolo ("let Jimi take over")
Jimmy Olsen Garoppolo ("gee Mr. Brady")
Mister Garoppolopolous
The Garoppoling Ghost

Last edited:
He's made an error of one kind or another, nearly every rep, and I'm glad it's happened. The preseason is the one time you want to be making all your mistakes and getting that out of your system. Things like getting rid of the ball before you are outside the hash marks (intentional grounding) are easily rectified.

I was expecting that this game was going to be Garo's "holy ****" epiphany, a wet wake up call slap on the face as to the elite speed of the game, as well as the experience of playing against first string, and that's pretty much what I saw. It's the nearest he's ever come to starting a real NFL game, in 3 years of being here, and I'm pretty sure he's humbled by the experience and is going to be more prepared once the real season begins.

They got about 10 days or so to get things in check...hopefully they can address most of the issues...

He looked as good as Cam and Cam has alot more experience. Carolina had a top 6 defense last year and Patriots had a top 10. This was a defensive battle. I wasn't happy with JG's performance but it was what I expected. I will be happy with a Cassel type performance in the first 4 games.

Season stars in two weeks and we truly need to get our guy ready for it, I expected a complete game plan for him, we need him to start making some plays...remember you don't want to be known as a game manager but a play maker.
Who cares what he's known as as long as they win? In fact a game manager would be perfect. They have play makers all over the field on both sides of the ball (and it looks like ST as well).

Cassel was awful. My god. Still shocked at how well he did in 08
Garrappollo's performance against Carolina was Cassel-esque. It was a tough test though. Panthers had lots of starters in there and is a first rate defense, (despite their inability to intercept passes thrown right to them) :confused:

I don't think Arizona will drop those passes.

JAG sucked. Nobody should be happy with his performance. Hell, his mom probably told him he looked like ****.

So what? It was an exhibition game, and he's learning on the fly. They can't all be gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back