PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who here isn't happy with JG performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He didn't look good at all tonight....after watching Brady, this kid has long ways to go to become a real NFL team starter, I think he is just a decent backup level player...not a starter in this league. He just holds on to the ball way too long.

Not what we wanted obviously but it was against a really good D and he was focused on making no mistakes more than plays. They didn't take any deep shots which is odd cause i thought we could test their secondary over the top if our OL blocked like it did.

He was just inconsistent and has a hard time getting it going and needs. I thought he was doing well the 2nd half but the play called stayed to conservative and predictable after they got him a few completions.

I was just bragging to @TheBostonStraggler about his strong game two performance and he comes back with this clunker. Couple that with a mediocre game one and we could argue that he's somewhere close to 1-1-1 through three games.

I still think he can lead the team to a 2-2 start, as long as we get a team effort with solid defense and a running game.

As I've mentioned before, I still think that it's quite possible that many of us are still undecided about the future of Garoppolo in N.England when week five rolls around.

First of all it's a preseason game so vanilla offense.

Second, we played the panthers they were in the SB last year and are very talented.

Third, he didn't have the entire day 1 offense.

Get worried or start this thread if he looks like crap after 2 REAL games.

He might be ok, he might not. He might even be very good. Who knows until the real games begin ? I predict he'll be decent. Which might be enough once all of the weapons on O return (the Gronk does help) and the schemes become more complicated. The D will be ok & that should help as well.

He must of felt so uneasy on the sidelines after scoring nothing, then Tom Brady comes out and helps the team get 9 unanswered (a touchdown in which he made look easy at that). Obviously he was happy they went up and you can't expect to play like Brady, but yeah.

Without Tom, we lose that game.

No Gronk, no Bennett, minimal Edelman & vanilla game plan.. and we expect??

Wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots bring him along slowly with simplistic play-calling. He's not Brady and we shouldn't expect him to be. JAG looks considerably better when he goes with his gut instinct and trusts the call so. Bring him along like they did with Cassel, slowly making more of the playbook available as he acclimatises to NFL game-speed.

Jimmy G shows signs of being a handy QB but then he also shows signs that he's been sitting on the pine for quite some time. Frankly, we just have to grin and bear the growing pains and hope the running game and D is up to speed during Brady's 4 week atrocity.

Pretty sure bennett played

Did not show up in the box score.. without regard, a lot of the "regular" O players did not play or played minimally...

Last edited:
That schedule was SO soft. I've always thought the team just might have gone undefeated if Tom didn't go down.
Agreed. With that said he did well considering his awful pre seasons

Did not show up in the box score.. without regard, a lot of the "regular" O players did not play or played minimally...
He was targeted several times, once in end zone...

He didn't look good at all tonight....after watching Brady, this kid has long ways to go to become a real NFL team starter, I think he is just a decent backup level player...not a starter in this league. He just holds on to the ball way too long.
JG is a YOUNG, inexperienced player. He's going to be up and down. I'm actually happy to see him struggle in the preseason. This is when you want him realizing how he is making his mistakes, thinking about how he should handle himself differently in situations. That's what preseason and practice is all about. Struggles will make JG a better player. Go back and look at Tom Brady just starting out. He's unrecognizable compared to he player he is now. As long as JG does not turn the ball over the Patriots will be fine.
That Patriot D is sweet!!!!

Well Hell! He had a 60% completion rate and didn't throw any interceptions.
What's so bad about that?
So he didn't get any TDs and he gained only 57 yards on those completions..
Still had a better day than Cam ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back