Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Bengals

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Lions

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even being a homer here....but the Pats are without a doubt are a run away #1 in regards to their receiving talent......hands down..!!!! Go PATS!!!

I like how you guys are making statement like this without, you know, trying to back it up with any facts or anything else.

Marvin Harrison is clearly better than Randy Moss

Reggie Wayne is clearly better than Stallworth

the Colts have a new hotshot who will be their #3

how in the world are we better than them?

anybody who thinks that our depth makes us better is a) on crack b) overvaluing how much your #5 WR's matter. those guys for us are Caldwell/Gaffney/Washington types, who anybody could have at any time, they are the definition of "replacement level". on top of that, the teams run 4 or 5 WR sets so infrequently that it simply doesn't matter much - it's usually your 2 and 3 WR sets on the field.

this board needs a whole lot less homerism and a whole lot more objective thought

Stupid to add the Patriots here...It looks good on paper,Lets see how the guys are as a T-E-A-M before we add the guys to that list

In regards to that question,Currently the Bengals have the best WR corps - Colts now second after losing Stokely which will hurt them,He was always tough to cover.

I'm still gonna go with the colts here, because gonzales will fit thier system so well.

The lions could be incredible if Calvin Johnson lives up to the hype, furry as a number 3 wr is pretty good as well. It's all about potential for them.

Cardinals are solid as well as cincy.

Who knows when it's all said and done the Pats may have the best.
They probably are the deepest, It just seems to be to good to be true.

Moss
Stallworth
Jackson
Washington
Welker
Brown
Maybe Caldwell or Gaffney

Although it's hard to imagine them carrying 7 wr's.
I got a feeling Washington won't make the team, and it's six with Brown, and Caldwell, staying:rocker:

Who, after Last year thought the pats could ever be part of this Poll?

I wouldn't mind seeing Jackson IRd. They could make that happen if they really wanted too, considering his knee surgery. Hard to see how he can help this year. It's easier to see how Washington could help.

Indy easily, Harrison + Wayne now plus Gonzales , look for shades of the '04 season this year. Not to mention Dallas Clark (but he's a TE and that wasn't what was asked in te thread title)

I'll take a repeat of 04 :singing:

My vote goes to Arizona, because that receiver corps has made mediocre and rookie quarterbacks look good. That they are even being considered, despite the total obscurity in which they play, tells you how good they are.

Randy Moss still runs a 4.29 in the 40. Stallworth has blazing speed as well. You can not convince me that this is not the best WR tandem in the NFL (talent wise). And I'm not being a homer Pats fan, this is how it is. Let's not forget that Welker is also the hardest working slot man in the league.

LMFAO that you included New England in this poll.

And 54% of you took the Pats. That's even better! HAHAHA! I honestly laughed when I saw that. So would you argue that the Raiders had the best receiving core when it was Moss, Poter and Curry? Because Porter is better than Stallworth (prior to him turning into a head case) and Curry is better than Welker.

Last edited:
LMFAO that you included New England in this poll.

And 54% of you took the Pats. That's even better! HAHAHA! I honestly laughed when I saw that. So would you argue that the Raiders had the best receiving core when it was Moss, Poter and Curry? Because Porter is better than Stallworth (prior to him turning into a head case) and Curry is better than Welker.
Moss will be a different player here than he was in Oakland, and porter is an underachiever, if stallworth stays healthy he is better than Porter.

Don't forget the pats love the 5 wr set, I didn't ask who has the top 3 wr's.
Jackson is full of potential, Brown still makes critical plays when needed, and for all the crap Caldwell took, he is a very good Route Runner, good speed and tough as Hell.

Before Oakland put out one of the worst offensive performances ever last year, they probably would be in this disscusion.

Well at least you have Ted Ginn Jr.
Oh yea I forgot he's not a WR, he's a punt returner.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
#9 Pick, are you Kidding me.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
come on now even the dolphins fans booed that pick.:singing: :singing: :singing:

Ahahaha. Are you kidding our lineup looked terrible on paper last year. Washup Caldwell and Doug Gabriel respectively were competing for the #1 wideout slot, Chad Jackson was nursing an injury before the season even started, and we didn't pick up Gaffney until midseason.

There's no way this even compares to having Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, and Welker as our starting 3 with the other receivers scrambling for roster spots.

Sorry, I meant in the offseason when there were threads challenging people to find a way of defending Branch, Terrell, Watson etc etc.

I AM excited about this year's lot, but am really charry about anointing them as SB champs just yet.

So would you argue that the Raiders had the best receiving core when it was Moss, Poter and Curry? Because Porter is better than Stallworth (prior to him turning into a head case) and Curry is better than Welker.

The Raiders had the worst organization in football the past 2 years, a joke of a headcoach that nobody respected, and a nobody at QB. If you were mired in that kind of situation with the Oakland Raiders, you wouldn't be producing at your peak either.

BTW I'll refute all three of your contentions.

1. Moss in New England will be better than Moss in Oakland. He has Tom Brady throwing him the ball. He is with a winning ball club with veteran leaders around him so he doesn't have to be "the man." And he genuinely WANTS to be here. As Moss said himself, when he is happy he produces better. Come on now get real. Randy Moss when he feels like making an effort is a top 5 receiver every year. Randy Moss WANTS to be in New England and he took a huge pay cut to do it so I believe that he wants to make that effort this year in pursuit of a ring. The Dolphins meanwhile are in pursuit of a has been QB by the name of Trent Green hoping he can hold on for a couple of lame duck years until the younguns are ready to play.

2. There's no way you can say Porter is better than Stallworth now when he produced basically zilch last year. Stallworth was much more productive in 2006. Stallworth has better deep speed than Porter. And again Stallworth will hae Brady delivering him the ball. The smart money would be on Stallworth to win that matchup in 2007. Humm I wonder why is it that your boy Porter had a WHOPPING 1 catch for the whole season and couldn't even get off the bench in 2006? Might it be because he was in the DOGHOUSE with the coach? Gee he doesn't look so awesome after all. Edge Stallworth.

Stallworth 38 - 725
Porter 1 - 19

3. Curry vs. Welker. Welker had 67 catches last year. How many did Curry have 62? It's pretty much a dead heat. And Welker has return skills that Curry does not so he has the versatility factor going in favor of him. BTW didn't a certain team reach at pick #9 for a glorified punt returner in attempting to replace Welker? Oh yes, that's right, it was the Doofins who passed on a franchise QB to do that. :bricks:

Welker 67 - 687
Curry 62 - 727

Well sorry to smash your sad argument into tiny pieces by using those pesky things known as facts. Be sure to come by again so we can all have another good laugh at your expense. :singing:

Last edited:
Randy Moss still runs a 4.29 in the 40. Stallworth has blazing speed as well. You can not convince me that this is not the best WR tandem in the NFL (talent wise). And I'm not being a homer Pats fan, this is how it is. Let's not forget that Welker is also the hardest working slot man in the league.

Speed helps, but WR's can't streak downfield every play. The NFL has moved to a state where route-running and consistency are just as important if not more important than raw speed. Can't speak for Stallworth, but we all know Moss and routes don't mix.

I'd still have to go with Cinci, even if Gonzales pans out as a decent replacement for Stokley in Indy. Won't be hard since Stokley hasn't played much the last 2 years... but the Bengals still get the edge.

Just my opinion.

Speed helps, but WR's can't streak downfield every play. The NFL has moved to a state where route-running and consistency are just as important if not more important than raw speed. Can't speak for Stallworth, but we all know Moss and routes don't mix.

I'd still have to go with Cinci, even if Gonzales pans out as a decent replacement for Stokley in Indy. Won't be hard since Stokley hasn't played much the last 2 years... but the Bengals still get the edge.

Just my opinion.

Bellichick hinted that the pats will adjust some things in their gameplan for Moss

The New England Patriots

I had to go with the Colts. Marvin Harrison will always be the quiet assassin. Of coures Wayne is a powerful force, and I think that Gonzalez is going to be great for them. He is an excellent route runner with sneaky speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes