PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has easiest schedule? 2016 strength of schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between the AFC and NFC is startling when you look at the SB teams in the last 22 years. Only 8 teams have represented the AFC in the SB during that time.

AFC
NE - 7
Den - 4
Pitt - 4
Bal - 2
Ind - 2
Oak - 1 (02)
Ten - 1 (99)
SD - 1 (94)

NFC
GB - 3
Sea - 3
NYG - 3
Car - 2
SF - 2
SL - 2
NO - 1 (09)
Ari - 1 (08)
Chi - 1 (06)
Phi - 1 (04)
TB - 1 (02)
Atl - 1 (98)
Dal - 1 (95)

Last edited:
I can't really get on board with the idea that they'll necessarily be the "Pats biggest challenger," but I also find the comments that they'll suck rather amusing.

At the end of the day, they're usually a 9-10 win team who is consistently inconsistent, but is almost always a pain in our asses. That's pretty much what I expect from the Baltimore Ravens just about every year. They are normally a contender for at least a WC spot, and I'd find this year to be no different.

The only advantage we have over the Ratbirds is the division we play in. It's conceivable that they could have a better record than the Pats but not win their division and be out of the playoffs. Pitt and Cincy are bigger roadblocks than the Pats face in the AFCE.

The ratbirds were going through a cycle before Harbaugh of in playoffs and out every other year in the 2000's Their in playoffs was when they had the softer schedule, non 1st place schedule. That will probably follow this year too.

Interesting, two of the teams that had the biggest swing last year were the Steelers -15 and Radbirds -14. One made the playoffs and one didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back