PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has better chance to be on the team

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I know inj and cuts happen but with the WR situation such a white hot topic, who of the three non locks have a better chance of sticking around.. Im assuming Troy Brown is retired, and Chad Jackson is on PUP to start the season.

Jabar Gaffney

Reche Caldwell

Kelly Washington

of the three which one does not make it..

( was going to post a poll , but my phone rang at work sorry)

Last edited:
I would think Washington, but hard to say. Saw that Reiss pegged Gaffney as the most likely to leave, which would really surprise me considering how quickly he picked up the offense & performed in the playoffs.

Strange situation with Brown if he doesn't retire........hope it goes well either way.

ive honestly never seen washington play...do you think his signing was influenced by stallworth..werent they teamates?

First of all, if Troy doesn't come back, I think all 3 of those guys make the team, with Jackson on PUP. If Troy plays, I see the season starting with Stallworth, Gaffney, Caldwell, Welker, Washington, and Brown. Yes, 6 WRs. Jackson gets stashed on PUP, awaiting developments - both among those "non locks", and Jackson himself. If all on the opening roster play well, Jackson may go to IR for this, Brown's last season. As we know, injuries could actually be the determining factor in all of this.

For me, its easily washington. He has done nothing but regress since his rookie yr. Hasnt played well despite being given the chances and and cant stay healthy. I dont care how much speed or height or skiiiiiilz a player has if they cant perform on the field, and he has yet to prove he can.
I would love to be proven wrong though. It would be great to have a WR with his size as an actual threat on this team. Gaffney would be my second guess. But, IMO, I dont see why we cant just keep them all if they all prove worth keepin.

Reche Caldwell MAKES it. No way he is cut.

...no one is including the possibility that the Pats DRAFT a wide receiver, which is a virtual certainty, IMO.

BTW, if Troy retires and Chad is on PUP, they'll all make the team along with Welker and Stallworth.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back