PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has been to Dolphin Stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danam404

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Looking for some experience at Joe Robby/Sun Life/Dolphin Stadium. How are the fans? Im going with a big group of Pats fans living down here in S. Florida, and I'm hoping we don't get messed with. I have a huge Pats sticker on the back of my new pickup truck... has anyone had any bad experiences down there?

Just looking to have a good time and hopefully see a New England victory.

Thanks!

Broke up a fight between my buddy and a DolFan down there back in the Bledsoe era. Got blood all over my Pats jersey and had to hide it from wife. Buddy was a aging hockey enforcer who kicked the you-know-what outa the DolPhan. Kid was a mess; not a scratch on Mr Puck. To the Phins fans credit they told security that the DolPhan accosted my friend. Both got tossed out as I hid from security with my bloody shirt. Thank you people of FL.

Attachments

• trio2.jpg
    trio2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
You will be fine. The normal comments from the home crowd, but it is mostly friendly. I have Boston stickers on both my vehicles and I have been there the past two years and my vehicles were not touched.

My brother got into a scuffle but that was a two way deal. The Dolphin fan was being an idiot about something stupid and my Brother started being an idiot back. Other than that the fans are friendly and the stadium is usually half empty. There will be a lot of Pats fans there.

You will be all set.

Avoid the food. In some research done over the offseason, it was something like 93% of vendors had a violation there, worst in the NFL.

The fans aren't bad. I wore a Vrabel shirt there a couple years ago and had no problems. We actually had a pretty good conversation about football and how hot their cheerleaders are.

I haven't heard from Wild Bill in a few years Wicked One. I've gone to Patriots games in Miami every year since 2001 and a couple times in the 90's as well. I never had a real problem wearing a Patriots jersey there. They can get pretty obnoxious, but I never felt threatened.

I haven't heard from Wild Bill in a few years Wicked One. I've gone to Patriots games in Miami every year since 2001 and a couple times in the 90's as well. I never had a real problem wearing a Patriots jersey there. They can get pretty obnoxious, but I never felt threatened.

Agree that the Miami folk were nice.

You need to contribute your iconic voice here Steve. Haven't heard from Wild Bill either. :mad:

My only tix this year is to the Jets game 6 Dec.

Last edited:
I've been there plenty of times when the Dolphins played the Pats and other teams. You'll be fine but use some common sense. I'm never the one to wear jerseys, I think when you get to a certain age, you should stop wearing them. But that's my deal. Anyways, I've seen in some games, pats fans wear their jerseys around my section and they cheer and get heckled, but all in good fun. However, I've seen guys in some other instances take it too far and start throwing sh!t. What I'm saying is that, know your surroundings. If you have Dolphin fans around you that are getting out of hand, it might be best not to give them a reason to do something stupid.

My sister is going there with a bunch of friends. She called me today and asked me if it was a good idea to wear her Brady jersey. I told her that although she should be a proud Pats fan, she should use common sense and and realize that some fans might get overzealous and make your game experience unpleasant.

Bottom line, use some common sense, because sometimes other fans won't.

I've been to the stadium several times... It's a homeer crowd, as it should be, but they are goop people/fans..... There's always one or two douchebags in any crowd with access to alcohol....

You'll just get usual trash talk. But if you try to start something, they won't hesitate to fight. Seen it many times.

Have been there multiple times. Never came close to a problem either inside or outside of the stadium. Considering the fact that you are in a large group you should have zero worries.

Florida is full of transplants so they are much more used to, and tolerant of opposing fans. In fact I wouldn't doubt that the three FL stadiums may be among the top five for the most opposing-fan-friendly in the entire NFL. Polar opposite of the reputations that Philly, NY/NJ, and San Diego have earned. Hydrate and enjoy the sights.

Last edited:
I've been there plenty of times when the Dolphins played the Pats and other teams. You'll be fine but use some common sense. I'm never the one to wear jerseys, I think when you get to a certain age, you should stop wearing them. But that's my deal. Anyways, I've seen in some games, pats fans wear their jerseys around my section and they cheer and get heckled, but all in good fun. However, I've seen guys in some other instances take it too far and start throwing sh!t. What I'm saying is that, know your surroundings. If you have Dolphin fans around you that are getting out of hand, it might be best not to give them a reason to do something stupid.

My sister is going there with a bunch of friends. She called me today and asked me if it was a good idea to wear her Brady jersey. I told her that although she should be a proud Pats fan, she should use common sense and and realize that some fans might get overzealous and make your game experience unpleasant.

Bottom line, use some common sense, because sometimes other fans won't.

Good advice

I will say however that in the past Phins fans have not reacted badly to Pats jerseys, unlike say San Diego fans. With the exception of one drunken 20 something, the Phins fans I encountered were decent folk. Look for trouble and you'll find it anywhere.

Last edited:
I remember seeing a guy in a Dolphins jacket at Gilette during the Patriots/Titans playoff game in 2003.

Didn't make a lot of sense.

I remember seeing a guy in a Dolphins jacket at Gilette during the Patriots/Titans playoff game in 2003.

Didn't make a lot of sense.
Why...? You never rooted for you division opponents :)

Last edited:
A fairly laid-back crowd but avoid the drunks if possible. I have never hesitated to cheer but I probably would leave the jersey at home. A jersey just increases the number of people who will make comments, and while most people will be OK, there is always a certain percentage of jerks.

I have watched away games in many places, though, and it is nothing like Philly, or Chicago, oe even Denver. Pretty relaxed, since as somebody said, most folks down here are transplants. Some have adopted the Dolphins but might come up to you and admit to being Red Sox fans!

Last edited:
Avoid the food. In some research done over the offseason, it was something like 93% of vendors had a violation there, worst in the NFL.

I thought Redskins were worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing