Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What Player is the biggest FA or Trade Bust in the Belichick era??

• Adalius Thomas

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Derrick Burgess

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Joey Galloway

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Shaun Springs

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Donald Hayes

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Duane Starks

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Monty Beisel

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Steve Martin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Baker

• Chad Brown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas doesn't even belong on this list. His first season, he was a force when healthy. His second year, he was a difference maker when healthy. This year he's struggling. However, a free agent who had 2 quality seasons is not a 'bust' in the order of a Starks, Beisel, Brown, Hayes, etc....

Thomas has played well when healthy in previous years and he only is costing cap dollars. Burgess on the other hand has been completely invisible and he cost cap dollars+ picks..a 3rd round pick, which is a high price for such a piece of crap failure IMO.

They would have been better off keeping the pick and starting Woods, who I know can't do jack at the position.

Joey Galloway has to be a consideration.

Why? He was given two games to be in perfect sync with a new offense playing with a new quarterback at 38. He burned his man and could have saved us the Jets game had Brady put the ball within 10 yards of him. After that, he was benched. The team could have figured out ways to use him in this offense and the lack of a big play guy on the other side of Moss has severely crippled us in the past two games when opposing defenses have double covered both #83 and #81 in crunch time.

Not sure he is terrible, but is certainly not very good value for the money...

Agreed. Thomas is by no means terrible. He is not, however, earning the amount of money that the team is paying him this season. If the team can let Seymour go for monetary purposes, they can let Thomas go this offseason if he continues to be a ghost on game day.

I have nightmares about Duane Starks, so I think I'll have to go with him. Deltha O'Neal should also be a consideration as well.

For this year, I would have to put my money on Burgess, even though Galloway contributed less. They needed Burgess as part of this team more, as a veteran leader and pass rush presence, and so far he has been a complete bust. Galloway would have been nice to have and would have and would have taken pressure off Moss, Welker, and "the rest," but this passing offense can still operate without them. This passing defense needed Burgess to deliver. The thing is, I remember being at Gillette the night of the in-stadium STH practice in August. As I was going in, I got a tweet about the Pats trading for a "veteran defensive player," which then turned into "The Pats have acquired Derrick Burgess." How excited we were!

Overall though, Thomas takes the cake. He was supposed to come in here and be the next in line behind Vrabel, McGinest, Bruschi, etc. and has seen his production drop off from Year 1 to Year 2 and now to Year 3, where he has been virtually invisible before and especially after his benching. To make matters worse, he seems to be turning into a bit of a locker room malcontent. He'll be one of the first to go come February. Hopefully the Pats can get something for him, and hopefully they'll be able to absorb the cap impact.

Hopefully Burgess will be the second to go in February. Then Springs.
i can see both him and seymour going to the jets...

Monty beisel gets my vote .

AD just because he teased us early on but he's dissapeard.

:mad:Thomas, another example of a Raven's linebacker that fell flat on his face after leaving Baltimore......

will if you look at that list its full of guys like

springs

galloway

brown

all over the hill player that have not been the same guys they once where for the last 2 or 3 years befor the pats signed them i don't call dose bust i call them bad signing's

they got lucky with harrison and ted washington cause they still had someting left in the tank

and all the other guys are JAG's so if you was looking for them to be good players you was looking for to much

mike vrabel is the only JAG that the pats have ever signed that turned in to a star

guys like TBC Brandon McGowan and david patten are haveing or had some nice seasons for the pats but none of them are or was stars

rosie colvin and AD are the only young all pro FA the pats have ever signed

even colvin never had the same years with the pats that he had with the bears but he was a good player for the pats

AD had one good year for a team that had 3 pass rushers better then him and now we are looking for him to be the the star pass rusher on a team that has none

i can't call AD a bust but not liveing up to the hype yes

the reason signing JAG's and over the hill players worked for them in the past is

they had seymour to eat up the double team's

they had a top pass rusher in willy mac

they had run stopers in teddy b and ted johnson

they had a shutdown corner in ty law

they had a big time S in lawyer milloy

so all the 7th round pick's and over the hill player and JAG's did not need to cover the other team's best WR or be the top pass rusher on the team

the glory years are over dose player are long gone and now they are asking the JAG's and 7th round pick's and over the hill player to be stars and its noting going to work

Last edited:
Adalius Thomas is a bust and a bum - Less than 30 Tackles this season for a player who is supposed to be the highest aquisition in the BB era is an outright joke.

Former Ravens CANNOT exist with new teams...its been that way since 2000 and has not stopped.- Even former Ravens coaches suck with new teams...see Rex Ryan

Last edited:
Because he has completely disappeared since his TD catch against the Falcons some 11 weeks ago?

Respectfully, when do we throw him the ball?
And isn't Baker supposed to be primarily a blocking tight end in our little "system" Where we don't really throw to the tight end?

Do you people honestly remember Duane Starks? He was the worst corner I've ever seen. He made Wilhite look like Champ Bailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back