PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has a bigger game..Gronk or Hernandez?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will have a bigger game?

• Gronk

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Hernandez

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta be GRONK. He's bigger :D But seriously, I think he's just built to go against a baltimore d alot more than Aaron is. Nothing to take away from him though, but the Gronk is a freaking Cy-borg.

Gronk but Ahern will get his yards also....

Pats have too many weapons...

Give Brady time and he will destroy whatever Ravens put up against him

Lewis and Suggs will be watching for Gronk in the slot where he can make big catches so I go with Hernandez whose speed will be tough for the secondary to handle.

I just hope Hernandez will be cleared to play. Our offense won't be the same without him.

I am going with Hernandez due to his speed and the age of the ravens D

I have decided to never bet against Gronk. I love Hernandez, but 87 is superhuman.

they could put Ed Reed on hernandez and slow him down but Gronk is just to hard to cover he's to big

they could put Ed Reed on hernandez and slow him down but Gronk is just to hard to cover he's to big

Teams can't cover both..you have to choose 1...and hope the other doesn't go off

Lol let them focus on our tight ends...Welker who didn't play in 09 will just paper cut them to death haha

Lol let them focus on our tight ends...Welker who didn't play in 09 will just paper cut them to death haha

errr, saints fans were saying the same thing when facing the niners. Shut down option A... Option B will prevail. Shut down option B... Option C will prevail. Didn't workout that well for them (but to be fair, they did have FIVE turnovers)

Gronk had a magnificent season where he took all before him. Against the Broncos, he took elite performance to a level unseen in the NFL.

I have to go with DeGronkenstein.

Gronk will get about 40 yards and a TD. So him.

Baltimore will first and foremost try to rough up and take away Gronk. Hernandez should have a relatively easier time getting open.

errr, saints fans were saying the same thing when facing the niners. Shut down option A... Option B will prevail. Shut down option B... Option C will prevail. Didn't workout that well for them (but to be fair, they did have FIVE turnovers)

ummm......option A,B, or C were not shut down

Marques Colston 9 for 136 1 TD 31lng
Darren Sproles 15 for 119 1 TD 44lng
Jimmy Graham 5 for 103 2 TD 66lng

defense did not win this game

Picked Hernandez because I think the Ravens are going to try to take Gronk out of the picture by doubling him.

Baltimore will first and foremost try to rough up and take away Gronk. Hernandez should have a relatively easier time getting open.

and who will they commit to that task. they will have to likely take lewis out of really the only thing he has left which is to rush up the middle and fill the gap......all the pats really have to do is line up gronk over suggs.....quick block and release to the flat......the ravens will then have to count on mcclain or pollard to close on him.....unless hernandez is runing around out there....

the real problem is the overload the pats can put on the middle of the field unless the opponent feels comfortable that brady can't make throws to branch and welker on the sidelines.

the key here is lewis and his limitations....he is now too slow to be a factor more than one way.

Gronk will get about 40 yards and a TD. So him.

^ Ravens fan, just FYI to everyone else

Gronk can put up a big fat goose egg as long as the Pats win

I like Ahern to have a big day (I like the nickname by the way whoever came up with it).

If I was the Ravens I would put a LB over Gronk every play and rough him up at the line of scrimage (LOS). After that I would put Jimmy Smith on him since Smith is 6'2. And have Reed keep a special eye on him over the top and RayLew over the short middle. I just think you need a man over/under Gronk on the deep patterns to stand a chance. And whether the over man is Reed or our old friend Bernard Pollard you don't stand a chance against Gronk unless there are 2 jumping bodies with 4 hands contesting for balls against him.

I would also line up my quickest corner probably L.Webb on Welker, again rough him at the LOS. Perhaps with help from Pollard/Reed. I would take my chances with Welker beating me deep.

That leaves Ahern to be our big play guy. With Cary Williams on him 1 on 1 @ 6'1. Perhaps with help from the SS. But Ahern typically catches short/medium passes, beats his defender and makes things happen.

The rest of their DBs can worry about Branch/Edleman/Woodhead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes