PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who gets traded/shopped this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary, I feel this draft class was above average, I think the Patriots put themselves into a position to maximize it to it's full extent. They got arguably top 15 talent in the late first, and traded down twice with the second second round pick that resulted in a very high upside safety, a great pass rusher, a 1st-2nd round talent CB, and a very good value slot receiver/backup kick returner. Jury is still out on the Wilson pick, but if you see something in him that warrants a pick that high you can't count on another team not doing the same.

I agree to disagree. The Pats maximized getting a great amount of talent out of what I still consider to be a weak draft class. I think that's why they were so aggressive in the FA period. Lloyd, Fanene and Gallery et all.....good stuff. Can't wait 'till Sept. rolls around. Keep the train rollin'!:)

Trade Hoyer for as much as possible

Hoyer is a play out the season or release guy. No one's giving up a 7th for him. He's waiver-wire material.

Hoyer is a play out the season or release guy. No one's giving up a 7th for him. He's waiver-wire material.

In a league where Weeden and Tannehill were just 1st round picks this is a moronic statement.

If you offered Hoyer for a 7th, there's not a team in the NFL that would turn you down. Heck, if you offered him for a 4th, there'd be half a dozen teams interested at least.

If you offered Hoyer for a 7th, there's not a team in the NFL that would turn you down. Heck, if you offered him for a 4th, there'd be half a dozen teams interested at least.

I like you Sciz- and no offense, but Hoyer would never garner a 4th. That's just foolish.

what abouat mike jenkins the cb from the cowboys...he must have some issues if they drafted up...but he was a former high pick...he cant be worse than having offensive players play cb...and i would think better than someone in the 5th.

I just thought it was odd that I heard the cowboys may take a 5th rounder and then we trade down like that and pick up a 5th rounder...just wondering

Mike Jenkins is one of those guys that plays seven yards off the ball, let's the guy he's covering make the catch, and then tackles him.

The Pats have had more than their fair share of corners that fit that description come and go the last few years.

I think Jenkins is one of those guys that looked good in college in part because he was facing easier competition than his counterparts; who was on USF's schedule when he played there?

At this point he's not worth giving up more than a 7th for, and from Dallas' perspective if that's all they get for him they may as well keep him.

In a league where Weeden and Tannehill were just 1st round picks this is a moronic statement.

Acually, you're statement is not moronic but I consider it illogical. It's not happening and next time steer clear of personal attacks. That's what's considered "moronic" around here.

Hoyer is our back-up and is basically untradable. Who in there right Effing mind would give us a 4th for him? Seriously? Maybe the the Iowa Barnstormers?

Somehow I doubt Belichick follows Spikes on twitter.

I guarantee he has a minion track all the players' (and potential draftees) twitter and facebook pages for content.

Acually, you're statement is not moronic but I consider it illogical. It's not happening and next time steer clear of personal attacks. That's what's considered "moronic" around here.

Hoyer is our back-up and is basically untradable. Who in there right Effing mind would give us a 4th for him? Seriously? Maybe the the Iowa Barnstormers?

You seriously think the Browns or Dolphins, for example, would rather spend a 1st round pick on a total unknown than a fourth on a three-year veteran who understands the pro game and has spent that time practicing in a complicated system with one of the best QBs ever?

Last edited:
You seriously think the Browns or Dolphins, for example, would rather spend a 1st round pick on a total unknown than a fourth on a three-year veteran who understands the pro game and has spent that time practicing in a complicated system with one of the best QBs ever?

Actually, those 2 teams you mentioned just did exactly that. So the answer is "yes".

Actually, those 2 teams you mentioned just did exactly that. So the answer is "yes".

Oh. Yeah, I guess they didn't want to trade a future seventh for Tom Brady and Vince Wilfork either...you know, since they didn't drafted guys instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes