PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who gets GRONK's roster spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Ventrone, it's destiny.

Last chance for Adam Seward.

Last chance for Adam Seward.

Can JakeBallard play? He was IR for regular season. Not sure if that extends to the playoffs...

Really, I think they will have Fells (ick) to fill in roster...

Can JakeBallard play? He was IR for regular season. Not sure if that extends to the playoffs...

Really, I think they will have Fells (ick) to fill in roster...

Ballard is out for the year.

Nate Solder has actually played TE...he can block well....great size....

Hey -- one thing on Gronk: I was up early watching Channel 4 news, and Steve Burton did his Patriots report. I'm pretty sure I heard him say Gronk broke his arm in a different location than the previous break. Did anyone else catch that? (I'm pretty sure Burton's not on the studio at 5:45 a.m. and so the report must have been on the 11:00 news last night. Apologies if I misheard.

Why not a 4th WR?

Jabbar Gaffney!

My guess would be Jeff Tapinian. I can't imagine them going outside the organization at this point.

I know he's been declared "out for the year" by "sources" but I'll admit until he's IRed I'm holding out hope that he could return in three weeks if we get to the SB in a way similar to how he played against Miami - avoiding contact but still a downfield threat.

I know, I know, I just wanted to say it.

A lot is going to depend on what's going on with Woodhead and Jones as well.

I expect someone from the Practice squad to get added to the 53 (probably Forston). I doubt they'll add anyone to the PS.

I expect Fells to get added to the game roster.

Bingo, Fells will be active. If they bring anyone up from the PS, it's most likely going to be someone like Tarpinian or Quarles to help sure up a special teams unit or two. I wouldn't be surprised to see a practice squad addition either just as for an extra body.

An extra O-lineman to allow us to use Solder more as a TE

so we can run it down their throats after we first get them sucking wind by running the no-huddle for about a half or so.

I'd expect a PS promotion, either Derek Martin to cover kicks against his former team or Jeremy Ebert because we have little depth and no speed at WR. Could wear out the secondary without tiring Welker.

I hope they can find someone who can return kicks we are absolutely putrid in that area. I hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the @ss! Knowing how much empahsis BB puts into ST's I am shocked at the one he's currently fielding.:rolleyes:

Folks seem to think that we would add a player to take Gronkowski's role in some manner. That is NOT the question. We have Fells and Solder as backup TE's. Hooman is fine as one of the 2 starting TE's.

It is questionable whether we would add a player and then have him inactive. We COULD do this if there was a player we wanted to add for 2013, but we could simply sign such a player to future contract.

Also, any player expected to contribute would have to have been part of the patriots organization,

So, we are left with signing Gaffney (why bother?), or one of the Practice Squad players. IMHO, I could see Tarpinian being active over Forston.

Wasn't Gaffney suspended? He's one of the names that came to my mind first because I believe we have the personnel to survive Gronk being out but one more injury in the passing game could really hurt us. But I wasn't sure if he was injured or even eligible for these games.

Its Kamar Aiken's time to shine :rocker:

I'd expect a PS promotion, either Derek Martin to cover kicks against his former team or Jeremy Ebert because we have little depth and no speed at WR. Could wear out the secondary without tiring Welker.

Derrick Martin is on the active roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back