Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who Gave The Media Permission To Make the Israel/Hezbollah Talking Point???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jul 28, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I read Abdul's fine post....good post Abdul.

I didn't want to hijack his thread so I respectively made a new one.

Why does the media think it has the right to create the talking point for this war? The talking point being that Israel's response has been very huge compared to the act of kidnapping a soldier.

I think that's a bunch of crap and it reeks of making Israel out to be the aggressor when they are not.

1: Lebanon by U.N. order was supposed to disband Hezbollah.

2: Lebanon is in danger of becoming Hezbollanon...yes...which in effect
    would mean that Iran would control a 2nd country in addition to Syria.

3: Hezbollah has entrenched itself along the entire border...under the watchfull eye of the U.N. no less that order them to be disbanded.

4: Innocent Israeli's coiuld go on suffering from rocket attacks forever without this desperate move.

I could make this list longer and of course Israel is killing innocent people. But the people are dying because Hezbollah puts them out front for cover.

The media has no business deciding the talking point of a war far more serious than creating discussion to sell papers and advertising.

Also...as I said to an elderly veteran today.
    1 group fights in disguise using innocent people as shields.

1 group sends a very small force...1 man fighting like 10 to be respectfull of the world and they fight brave with their face showing their tired, anguished, and faces of many years of fustration.

So why does the media put the brave face on the cowards?
    Why does the media think it is they who decides what this war is?
    Whatever happened to reporting...does anyone report anymore?

This war is not a game of talking points...it's a war of innocent people dying because the cowards know they are slaying the Mighty Sampson with the medias help...the media is messing up this world...the media will eventually cause it's destruction.
  2. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Sadly...this is worse than a no-win situation.
    The terrorists exploiting the media that is anti-semetic.
    So...they have nothing to lose and should fight with that in mind.
  3. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Holding Israel to the same set of rules as we do the rest of the world is not anti-semitic just as being critical of George Bush is not anti-American.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

1. UN mandates are important to you? You either support the UN mandates in the name of "world unity" or you don't. I don't. IMO, the UN is a friggin joke, US membership is illegal by our laws and tradition, and the structure of the governing body, the "Security Council :rofl: is absurd.

2.The Chimp had us all believing that Lebanon was a shining example of his plan to transform the ME into a democracy-lovin, pro-American nation. Hezbollah is grabbing the headlines now, but I can remember when the Christian Druze Malitia were big players as well as the multitude of religious, lingual, political, and ethnic groups there. This is nothing new and we will always see a carousel of interests taking the lead position in Lebanese politics. In this regard, Lebanon resembles Iraq more than a real country.

3. See # 1

4. Prior to 2 weeks ago, how frequent were rocket attacks? I know it happens a lot more than it should, and that anyone lobbing rockets should have their arses kicked, but the Israelis are doing the exact same thing. Is there no other option, like sending commandos in to root out these animals, or is behaving in the same way their only option? It is illogical to lean on the crutch of superior moral standing when the end result is more dead children and their families. Does the god of these people give a damn what side of a political border the victims live? Like Abdul claims, they are all "people of the book", right?

And why are innocent Israelis your only concern in this post?

There's no doubt Hezbollah is run by a bunch of cowards and their policies are definitely cowardly, but if Israel is to claim any high ground, they need to act in a manner that is distinguishable from Hezbollah. Intentions count for shyte when the result is what we are seeing in this latest round of what seems to be an endless pissing contest. :(
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

So what are they to do is valid? Yes U.N. resolutions are almost useless...so, is it fair to say that Israel is showing the future through this round of force if Hezbollah is not removed?

I just don't see how Israel can act better if Hezbollah hides amongst U.N. observers an civilians.

I think the best solution in theory...only in theory is to wipe Syria clean. Syria is every bit the trouble maker Saddam was...except they don't act 1st hand on it.

Like I said...just theory...but imagine the Middle East where Lebanon really controls itself and Syria becomes what Iraq was supposed to be in terms of democracy. Israel gives the Palestinians some real land. That would leave Iran isolated to just shoot their mouth off...eventually the younger generation could moderate the country into being a leader instead of a wolf.