PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who fills the vocal leader role in the locker room?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who fills the vocal leadership role?

• Tedy Bruschi

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Rodney Harrison

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Mike Vrabel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Seymour

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Rosevelt Colvin

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other (please explain)

• Nobody, the locker room will just evolve into a new dynamic.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Nobody, we're doomed.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
The Seymour article in which he talked about his leadership style being more action not words, got me thinking about who might step up into that vocal leadership role that Willie carved out for himself. Anyone?

I'll put Seymour in the poll as well just in case, and remember a vote for Rodney assumes that he's back on the field, he can't assume that role from the PUP list.

Last edited:
Just from your list of choices shows that there is enough veteran leadership on this team. All of those guys will has what it takes to be a leader.

On the Offensive side, the players are younger but you have Brady , Light, & Troy Brown.

So, there is enough proven leadership on this team.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Rodney assumes that he's back on the field, he can't assume that role from the PUP list.

Who is going to tell Rodney he can't be a leader on th PUP list? It won't happen anyway - he will be a starter for the first reg season game.

not all leaders are starters. many teams got backups setting mood and firing it up in there

PATSNUTme said:
So, there is enough proven leadership on this team.
No doubt, but who, IF anyone, steps into that 'enforcer' role that Willie filled so well?

New Dynamic gets a vote from me. The only leadership we need is to make sure all the players are working as they can both mentally and physically. Vocal leadership isn't needed IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread proves it is may and you guys thirst for football is pathetic.

I voted for Tedy :D

Rodney WILL be back (along with Hell).

But we're dooooooooomed. ;)

mgcolby said:
This thread proves it is may and you guys thirst for football is pathetic.
Damnit yes! I'm tired of NUTme's off topic threads cluttering up the place.

:D :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
No doubt, but who, IF anyone, steps into that 'enforcer' role that Willie filled so well?

Reading the Seymour article, Seymour implies that Willie was more of a guy who would LOOK or NOT LOOK at you to send you a message just as much as he would talk to you.

I think that the VOCAL leader has always been Bruschi and that McGinest was the guy who would talk if something needed to be said, but he led more by example.

BelichickFan said:
New Dynamic gets a vote from me. The only leadership we need is to make sure all the players are working as they can both mentally and physically. Vocal leadership isn't needed IMO.

See, I disagree with that. One of Bledsoe's biggest problems as a QB was that he tried to lead only by example. And, as a QB, that just doesn't cut it. A QB has to be a VOCAL leader.

On defense, in my opinion, Bruschi is that Vocal leader. Rodney is a vocal leader as well. McGinest was the man they both deferred to, though. Willie was vocal when he needed to be, but I don't believe he was a RAH-RAH guy the way Brady is.

I thinkt that if Seymour can develop the respect that McGinest had, he will be a similar type of leader that McGinest is.

I'm going with Rodney....and hell......and Nut's off topic threads!

DaBruinz said:
Reading the Seymour article, Seymour implies that Willie was more of a guy who would LOOK or NOT LOOK at you to send you a message just as much as he would talk to you.

I think that the VOCAL leader has always been Bruschi and that McGinest was the guy who would talk if something needed to be said, but he led more by example.

I agree. Willie was never very vocal like say Rodney or Tedy but he lead by example. On the field that is. I don't know what goes on in the locker room, though.
I think the Pats will be missing that outside pass rush Willie provided more than any perceived leadership roles, though.

After viewing all the All Access footage on the SB DVDs, I've got to give the nod to Tedy.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill