Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who Else Thinks Branch Shows Up ?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BelichickFan, Sep 3, 2006.

?

Will Branch Be on the Field Week Two ?

1. YES

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. NO

39 vote(s)
    81.3%
  1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I still think he will. Sitting out costs him a lot of money, he'll want the adoration and these things almost always work out although it looks bad right now.

Anyone else want to put his hand up and say that Branch is on the field week two ?

When I say "on the field", I mean FOR THE PATRIOTS.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  2. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Branch is a goner bro get over it...........he played his last game with the Patriots last season.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +191 / 7 / -23

I think the RS have a better chance of winning their division, than Branch showing up by week 2 or any tmie.
  4. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Get a draft pick for him and hope he turns out to be someone like Ted Ginn jr.
  5. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

With the benefit of hindsight, it has become abundantly clear that Branch never intended on coming in in the first place.

People can say that the "give Branch a week to look for a trade" blew up in the BB/SP's faces, but they would be wrong. The guy was offered two contacts that are of similar value to NE's initial offers. NE did not in any way misinterpret his market, they had it dead on. Not only that, but instead of coming back to NE and saying here are a few contract ideas that you guys can chew on, he and his agent filed a grievance.

Face it, the guy wants out of NE, and has wanted so since Givens got his dough.
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Too late, too many bad feelings. Who knew Adam was so pissed off about not getting the love. Can you imagine what Deion must be feeling? For him to come back he would have to accept less $ then he wanted and then put a smile on his face. Don't see it happening.
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Don't think so the Rubicon has been crossed. The only thing to do is manage the situation in a way that maximizes the value to the team.

If that is sitting him till week 10 and making him play for 100k this year so be it. If a suitable trade can get done, fine. If that means franchising him for next year fine.

The risk to Deion is playing this year for 100k with no guarentee he won't be injured. If he were to be injured this year it would be a disaster for him.
  8. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Just wanted to add that, while I am not usually a reactionary thinker, I want Branch gone in the worst way. It may sound odd, but I would be happier to open this page later and see that Branch was traded for Seattle's #1 than seeing the Branch re-signed.

Take it for what it's worth.
  9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I'm with you on that. If we could get a #1 and save money to spend on others, take it and run.

But I still think he shows up :)
  10. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

11. Zuma

Zuma Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think he'll be back within 6 days. Bioli won't cave...Branch will...
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  12. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

I believe the New England Patriots ability to run the football this season is the key.
  13. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whoever is holding out hope forget it the guy is as good as gone.........read this then you will change your mind. He gotta go....................

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=155742

"Attorney Jeffrey Kessler said yesterday that if Branch loses, he’ll file a second grievance alleging the Pats violated a provision in the collective bargaining agreement to negotiate in good faith."
  14. Jimke

Jimke Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Depending upon the results of Saturday's arbitration hearing,

the only uniform Deon Branch will be wearing in the forseeable

future would be a New York Jets Uniform.
  15. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Deion will be a Seahawk.............
  16. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I hope that Kessler is being paid hourly and not on a contingency basis because DB is still under contract and they are under no obligation to negotiate at all.
    One of the remedies listed under the CBA is for the contract to be voided
    and I'm sure that that is what the attorney is hoping for. Otherwise the grievance would have been filed against both the Pats and either the Jets/Seahawks. there is no way an arbitrator forces either of those teams Jets/Hawks to give up a draft pick and make a trade in a hearing in which they were NOT a party. There are all sorts of due process violations. The only logical ( and I know this whole thing has not been logical) conclusion is that Chayut convinced Deion that he cna help him become a free agent and create a bidding war and shaft the Patriots in the process.
    I don't see it happening and I'm not looking at it thru rose colored glasses. There is nothing in the CBA that requires a team to negotiate with a played still under contract or to go thru with a promised trade if they get 'reasonable compensation'.
    Just my $0.02,
  17. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

With the current wide receiver situation on the New England Patriots roster, I seriously don't envision the pass happy offense of last year.

With an effective running game this year, the New England Patriots offense will be more successful utilizing play action as was the case during the 2004 NFL season.
  18. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

It will be very interesting to see what the Patriots representatives have to say here. I doubt you will see the Pats case presented in the media, that much is certain.
  19. Garbanza

Garbanza Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Play action, as well stated here, is only effective when a team has an effective running game. You better hope that Maroney is healthy because if Dillon is carrying the load, it won't be effective.