PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Else Thinks Branch Shows Up ? (Disregard, reposted as a poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I still think he will. Sitting out costs him a lot of money, he'll want the adoration and these things almost always work out although it looks bad right now.

Anyone else want to put his hand up and say that Branch is on the field week two ?

Last edited:
Re: Who Else Thinks Branch Shows Up ?

:rocker: Getting shutdown in week two. I like that idea.

He will show up, not till week 10.... Sorry the bridge is burned...

Not me. If he does, he better show up to play and not just to collect a game check. A wake up call from Rodney during practice should fix a situation like that.

BelichickFan, I dont know if their is a poll for that...but it would be a good one. I think he's back before game one.

Doubtful. He'll sit out 'till week 10 at which point the Pats will suspend him for the remaining six weeks. That's what I would do now. As someone has stated, the bridge has been burned. Then again, Ty Law called BB a liar and they reconstructed the bridge - so anything can happen I guess. Just listening to the Branch interview and whatever reports are out there - Branch appears to be a VERY stubborn dude.

Last edited:

Branch will not show up until week ten and the Patriots best move would be to trade him for at least a second round draft pick. Deion Branch has dug his heels in and it's been his decision all along.

Week ten at the earliest!

Any possibility of him showing up prior to week ten went by the wayside with this trade deal!

I'm still hoping they trade him to Seattle!

I'd really be shocked. I think he is gone, too much bad blood. I mean, cmon, play for a year and ONLY make a million. How ridiculous would that be. The poor guy needs to feed his family. And 6 million a year wasn't enough for that.

The answer is really very simple:

If the Patriots agree not to place the franchise tag on Deion next season, he will show up on Day 1 and fulfill his contract.

So what is the problem??

mikey said:

If the Patriots agree not to place the franchise tag on Deion next season, he will show up on Day 1 and fulfill his contract.

So what is the problem??

ARE YOU KIDDING? That keeps the Patriots from getting any good compensation for him. Why would we do that? Why ON EARTH would we do that?

I think it has become abundantly clear that Branch never intended on coming in in the first place.

mikey said:

So what is the problem??

Have you been reading what has transpired this past week? A little naive, aren't we?

I think he sits. He comes back and plays week 10 through the playoffs. Then we franchise him and sell him to the highest bidder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back