PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who else is getting stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Denver seems to be having a pretty good off-season so far too.

Grahambo is a big addition, and they presumably upgraded at RB as well. We'll see what happens with Bly. And Cutler is apt to be a lot better as a sophomore than as a time-splitting rookie.

New Orleans may be the other rich-get-richer story, but they're still just an NFC team. ;)

I would say Baltimore improved their offense with the McGahee trade, and they resigned Jarret johnson. A lot of people over at ESPN.com message boards have them ranked as the number 1 team in the NFL though....something I cannot agree with.

san fran...i see them gradually improving every year

I would say Baltimore improved their offense with the McGahee trade, and they resigned Jarret johnson. A lot of people over at ESPN.com message boards have them ranked as the number 1 team in the NFL though....something I cannot agree with.

Actually thats funny.. I disagree totally.. Have they gotten better?? No.. have they gotten worse.. Nah..

Their OL is below avg at best. There is talk Odgen might retire.. Even if he stays that OL can't push anyone back.. And MCgAhee is more a NOrth/South Runner.. He needs blocking infront of him.> Something he complained about in Buffalo.. He won't help them to much on offense.. Their issue on offense was the passing game.. Can Billick get a full productive season out of McNair..

Second.. The defense lost a big player.. Ray Lewis isn't the player he was.. They are great on defense.. but I just don't see them being ranked #1..

Agree on Denver.. Graham and Travis Henry (who I think will have a better impact then McGahee) will make that offense a lot more effective and take A LOT of pressure off Cutler..

PLus if they Keep BLY.. Damn.. They are solid..

san fran...i see them gradually improving every year

Yeah, they just broke the bank on a mid-level talent at CB, TBC at LB who couldn't consistently crack the aging lineup in NE, and Lelie for more than he's worth. They're certainly going to relive the glory days when they find they're in cap hell because they overspent for players having no positive impact and heavy salaries.

Losing Thomas seems huge.

Mulitalo was a pretty valuable player not that long ago, wasn't he?

Ogden and R. Lewis are aging.

And if Buffalo fans are to be believed, McGahee isn't much of an upgrade over a geriatric ex-con has-been of a once-superb RB.

Felger!

The guy is smelling more and more like Borges every day. Roll up the windows!

San Diego got rid of Marty. That should count as getting stronger.

Hmmm, I respectfully take the McGahee acquisition differently. I don't think alot of him. In college he was all about speed. Since the major injury, he has seemed to have gotten much slower.

He had only 900 + yards rushing last year, and as for runs over 20 yards had a total of ................ZERO all season.

I don't think that trade is going to help BMore, and I'm glad they made it.

Certainly I see San Francisco improving, although I think they have been needlessly inefficient.

Taking the opposite strategy, the Titans looked like potential contenders last year. Us taking Stallworth, and Pacman taking himself have obviously hurt their chances. But they are sitting on a ton of money and clearly have the patience necessary to use it efficiently. I see them being a contender in 2008, but its probably too late for this year.

The Jets are also likely to get better. You can't not like that Chicago trade, and they are also patiently sitting on a pile of money.

I think San Diego will be our chief competition this year. They have many younger players who will be improved simply by the passage of time, and they continue to be smart about how they spend their money (especially when it comes to resigning players at a discount).

I think Denver has gotten better but they are not going anywhere until they improve that D line. Maybe signing Browns rejects is not the best way to go.

There's no doubt that San Francisco is getting ready to put up a pretty strong challenge to Seattle this year; aside from having their FA class ready to go, they will hopefully also get a good year out of Vernon Davis.

I think Arizona will also be stronger in that division this year. The offence looks pretty well set and while they haven't been flashy in FA they have made the team stronger.

Losing Thomas seems huge.

Mulitalo was a pretty valuable player not that long ago, wasn't he?

Ogden and R. Lewis are aging.

And if Buffalo fans are to be believed, McGahee isn't much of an upgrade over a geriatric ex-con has-been of a once-superb RB.

Yea, I guess you are right, but with an offense lead by an effective (i.e. servicable) Steve McNair, Todd Heap, Mark Clayton, and Derrick Mason, the addition of McGahee could improve an offense that before last year, was anemic.

On the other hand, their O-Line is getting worse. They lost Thomas, but they have proven that they can plug and play LBs, so i think J. Johnson will work out for them. THeir secondary is rediculous.

So, I believe they have slightly downgraded on defense, and their offense has gotten about the same. I believe McGahee is an improvement over J. Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes