PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you want to win the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if someone already started a similar thread or not but I couldn't find one, so here goes.

let's do this in 2 parts.

1. What teams would you like to see win the SB?

2. What teams do you NOT want to win the SB?

Teams I'm ok with winning it;

Atlanta - I really loved watching Matt Ryan play at Boston College...great story!
Carolina - New blood
Vikings - I like Adrian Peterson and the Vikings defense
Tennessee - Kerry Collins would be a nice story

Teams I don't want to win the Super Bowl;

Miami - The last thing I want to see is the old Dolphins guys like Mercury Morris all happy
Colts - Don't wanna see our arch rivals win the last 2 out of 3
Steelers - They've won enough of them
Giants - They won last year and beat my Pats! :mad:
Eagles - I hate Eagles fans and don't think they deserve happiness :D
Chargers - Don't like cry-babies
Ravens - I have HATED Ray Lewis since he came into the league...he's a glory hound & thinks it's all about him

Teams I could care less about;

Cardinals

Last edited:
atlanta or carolina.-- f the afc teams :mad:

While the team of the decade debate should be closed, it could be re-opened if the giants, colts, or steelers win. So, at the very least I really hope none of them win. I would feel just as miserable if the fish won. Do not want to see the chargers win it. titans or ravens..don't really care. I would kinda like to see the falcons or panthers win it. cards, eagles, and vikings...whatever.

As long as it's not the Colts or Giants, I'd be happy. Many people would start rating Manning over Brady if Manning wins again.

nobody. pro football is over to me for 2008

What teams would you like to see win the SB?

Falcons
Panthers

What teams do you NOT want to win the SB?

Whoever's not in the list above.:)

To copy and paste from this thread:

I distinctly recall last year and the Colts-Chargers game. I watched figuring it would be a good game, but not really liking either team. From the very first possession I found myself rooting for the Chargers; I guess something similar will probably happen this year.

Seems like there are a lot more teams, players, and/or fan bases that I don't want to see win, than there are that I do want to win. Some are just more extremely wretched than others, such as the possibility of a Manning - Manning super bowl (or, a month ago, the thought of the Favre-fest and a NY - NY super bowl.)

NFC
Giants - want to see them lose due to the NY over exposure angle; they've already won, and a possible hit on the Pats being the team of the decade. I do respect the way their FO does things and their defense, and similar to Philly & TO, it would make me smile to see them win first without Shockey and now without Plaxico - but that's still not enough to root for them.

Panthers - I like watching their running game, and Delhomme as well - liked him a lot in the SB a few years ago. Not much to get excited about and latch on to though, but other than Steve Smith's fists there's not much to dislike.

Vikings - similar to the Panthers but even more non-descript than Carolina. Adrian Peterson would be worth watching, but way too tough to root for a Childress team after some of his comments.

Arizona - yeah, I could root for Kurt Warner, but that would mean we'll start seeing Mrs. Warner all the time again. The passing game would be fun to watch but why root for a team that barely deserves to be in the playoffs? Plus, the Bidwells, and their fans do not deserve a championship.

Falcons - great stories with the turnaround of a team expected to be among the NFL's worst, with local connections such as BC's Matt Ryan and former Pat Tom Dimitroff. On the other hand Atlanta fans are about the least deserving of any pro sports championship.

Eagles - as mentioned above, great respect for the front office and head coach. Would be nice to see McNabb win and stick it to the fans and TO. Westbrook is an exciting player to watch. But Philly fans don't deserve another champion.

AFC

Titans - while Kerry Collins getting another shot is a great story, do any of us want to see Jeff "cheer-an-injury-to-Rodney" Fisher and his cut blockers win?

Steelers - another situation of a team with a front office that I admire and respect, but with a fan base (apologies to Dino5Rings) that is mostly out of touch. While constantly congratulating themselves for being the NFL's best fans, they're obsessed to the point of paranoia with the Pats. Nobody brings up spygate and the word 'cheating' more than this group, perhaps out of their fear the Pats will pass them in Lombardi trophies - of which only one happened in most of their lifetimes.

Dolphins - another story about the underdog turning things around, usually something that is easy to get behind. Even though they're a division rival and knocked us out of the playoffs, I feel good for Pennington - and even better that he's doing it without a Jets uniform on. On the other hand, do we want to feed Parcell's ego to the point it expands and blast a hole in the ozone layer?

Chargers - on one hand there's Rivers, who I've come to like, and then there's one of the NFL's biggest whiners, Mr. Classy himself - LaDainian Tomlinson. Another fan base that doesn't deserve a championship in my opinion, due to their overall lack of knowledge of the game (other than a couple that post here), and minimal support of a winning team.

Colts - Bill "break his f'ing leg while I pump in more noise on the PA" Polian, he of the committe to make rules that help his own team. Saint Dungy. Marvin Harrison and his car wash. Plus this is a team that has already won; I don't want the Colts to win again and have the possibility of the pats being the team of the decade brought in to question. I really like Saturday, Sanders and Clark, but that's not nearly enough to root for the Colts.

Ravens - Another turnaround, rookie coach, rookie QB feel good story. But how do you have a feel good story when a man who plea bargained his way out of a murder charge is the face of your team? Too bad Ed Reed signed an extension, I would have really liked to have seen him as a Patriot.

So I guess I'll probably be rooting for Miami and San Diego this weekend, and then most likely Carolina next week. Other than that I don't know who I'll be cheering on.

EDIT: I hadn't thought about Mercury Morris & the old Dolphins angle; I may have to re-think my position on Miami.

Last edited:
In order:

Falcons
Panthers
Cardinals
Vikings
Titans
Eagles
Ravens
Giants
Dolphins
Steelers
Chargers
Colts

Last edited:
Teams I'm ok with winning it;

Atlanta
Carolina
Vikings
Tennessee
Eagles
Cardinals
Miami
Chargers

Teams I don't want to win the Super Bowl;

Colts
Steelers
Giants
Ravens

(Just so I dont have to hear *Team thats already won this decade* IZ DA TEEM OF DA DECADE CUZ DEY DIDNT CHEET LIKE DA PATZ~!1~``111eleven!!

1 - Min
2 - Car
3 - Arz

Loved watching the Falcons this year, it's been a great story and the entire Franchise is likeable once more. Plus I'd love to see Thomas Dimitroff get a ring (he would wouldn't he?).

I dont know how any of you could be pulling for Miami, Im hoping the Eagles get in, but not really into it.. Im afraid to tell people this could be a Giants /Colts super bowl.. Tenn and Pit are not that good.. It would be crazy to see the Chargers at 8-8 win the super bowl..

Wow, looking over the list there is not really anyone I'm pulling for. Atlanta vs. Baltimore in the Super Bowl would be a great Cinderella story, though. The only problem with that is Atlanta is such a crummy sports town and the fans there don't really deserve a champion. I'd hate to see Miami or Indy make it all the way, but the odds are that one of them gets pretty far.

My order of preference:

Ravens
Titans
Falcons
Vikings
Panthers

Here's hoping an early exit greets both Mannings, the Dolphins and Chargers.

i dont want atlanta to win just becuz i'd hafta hear a lot of crap from the falcons fans down here

I don't want the Chargers to make the SB as that will effect our 2nd rounder that we have from them. Certainly don't want the Colts or Giants.

So a first round loss by the Chargers and a 2nd round loss by the Colts would be good. The Giants can lose anytime.

Slim pickins.....
AFC?? Can they all lose?? OK...the worst of the bunch Colts, Steelers, Fins, Titans...less so Ravens, Chargers.. BUT I guess I am an NFC fan...
ALTHOUGH NEVER the Giants....
So...on th epositive side..Falcons...and a few New England/BC connections...Cardinals as well.. Eagles...would be interesting because so many people counted them out...Panthers..yes..I could see them as a big favorite..Vikings really don't care about...
So...Falcons/Cardinals leading the pack..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes