Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who do you want to win in Iowa?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -6

I want Obama for the Dems and Huckabee for the Repubs, since I think he'd be the easiest to beat.

As far as second choices go, I'm leaning a little more for Hillary than Edwards, and a little more for Thompson than Romney.
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

In the end it's going to be Hillary vs. Romney.

//
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If Edwards wins the presidency I'll eat a jar of jalepenos.

:eek:

//
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

IIRC, wasn't it Iowa where Kerry came out of nowhere after the Dems allowed the MSM to destroy Dean over a scream?
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

Thompson and McCain are probably the two pubs you don't want to see nationally. They would be the toughest candidates for the Dems to beat I think.

As for me, I'd like to see Biden win because he's the most moderate of the Dems, but he has no chance. Of the 3 at the front, I'd like to see Obama.

On the GOP side, sheesh. No one really appeals to me much, with the exception of Thompson. The more I read about his positions the more I tend to like him. I'm not sure he has a chance, but if I had a vote there, at this point, he'd probably get it. With that being said, my guess is that Huckabee with squeek out a victory. Who knows though, it's close at the top, and the real race will be for 3rd & 4th place. Anyone's ball game there.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Mm-m-m, good! Didn't tell you that I LOVE jalepenos. We get 'em over here but their from Spain(!). Just don't have the same "tang" as the real things. My mouth waters just thinking about 'em.

//
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +531 / 2 / -9

Huckabee will get a lot of the Liberal Vote.

Nobody knows who Thompson is, he came out said "he was running for president" then he vanished.

Both Sides:
    These are the strangest group of jerks I have seen run for office in my lifetime, we are at war with A Fanatical Terrorist Element Of A Religion, we have been attacked right here in our own country, 3000 innocent civilians were killed in two hours and these Screwballs never ever mention what they will do about the safety of the American People, we have been invaded by 12 million criminal aliens, nothing is being said about that either, they have debated more about sex than they have for the Security of the country.

I am beginning to hope Pant Suit Hillary will be the next president, A FOUR YEAR CIRCUS of head bobbing, Billy Lip Biting, Hollywood Whores, Pant Suits, Chelsea, The First Gentleman, and Malls Blowing Up all over America.

The Nightly News will be like watching a Sit Com.

:bricks:
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Huckabee is not going to be the Repub candidate.

//
  9. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Im hoping for Edwards and McCain. I think.... :)
  10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +873 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

I want the same person I've wanted for a few years now and that's Edwards. I think he is the best medicine for the domestic issues this country faces especially on POVERTY, ENERGY & TRADE. I look past the fact that he is a liberal and wants out of Iraq because I feel he is what the country needs. Iraq is a minor issue to me compared to the issues faced domestically for us all.
    http://www.johnedwards.com/issues/

As for the republicans I like Romney but Giuliani is okay also. Other than those 2 the rest of them have too much laundry to get my nod.

If they all ran together I would
    want them in this order of preference.

Edwards

Romney

Giuliani
  11. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately, Clinton will just perpetuate George Bush's Iraq policies. Obama was right, she voted in lockstep with the Republicans to give George Bush everything he wanted in Iraq. With Clinton, the troops will still be in Iraq, Petreus will still be in Iraq. Nothing will change in Iraq. She is indeed "Bush lite".

To fundamentally "undo" what George Bush had done and to wipe out Bush's legacy, it has to be Obama or Edwards. To really change the direction of the country, it cannot be Clinton.