Who do you blame?

• Refs

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Patriots

Votes: 40 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this makes me feel better. Judging by the reaction I got, I thought all Patriots fans had turned into Colts fans. It would seem it's just the opposite, more than double think it wasn't the refs that cost us the game.

Box_O_Rocks said:
NEM, that was the worst game he's called, ever!

I agree. The empty backfield on 4th and 1.

Signature NEM pass happy offense.

Refs sucked, but the Pats still would have won the game with good (not great) execution.

And enough of this Josh McDaniels charade. I know NEM's been OC since the season started.

Just because he's in the witness protection program is no reason not to give him the title.

Who's to say the new guy will keep those towels laundered as well as Josh did?

NEM said:
The five turnovbers hurt (1 was at the end though and it was a gimmee) but we do not inow if they would , or would not have, directly turned into Pats points.

What we do know is that three decisions by officials, or non decisions as they may be DID DIRECTLY LEADT TO 17 Bronco Points.

There is sufficient blame that can go to both parties, the refs or the Patriots...but this game was there to be won, even with the turnovers, if not for the atrocious officiating.

That being said, the logical answer is the officials.

And, good proof of this being so is Bill Belichick himself, who has NEVER criticized officials, at least not that I can ever recall...yet after this game he DID have some negative comments about the officiating crew, and the head referee, for the game.

And, we know that in his posiiton, he must be very silent about officials, so that must mean we heard very little of what his tru feelings were about that team of officials.

So, once again, with that being said...the refs cost us the game moreso than the turnovers. PLAIN AND SIMPLE

It's LOGICAL. Now, I must return to Vulcan.
Your blow up doll is called Vulcan? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

BB has criticized officiating before, I am having a NEM moment as to which game it was - possibly Carolina. None of this takes any of the blame off your playbook thought. :enranged:

Pats blew it. Refs didn't help... but 5 turnovers?!?!?! At ABSOLUTE BEST, only two of them would be overturned by review or better refereeing. Hell, not many teams win with three turnovers.

I feel the Pats outperformed the Broncos MINUS the turnovers, but that's like saying to Mrs. Lincoln that, hey, at least the play was good. :(

MURPHY'S LAW

Crap happens at the worst possible time.

Seriously...I figure we had no business winning in 2001 so now we're even with the unknown and unforseen.

The Officiating stunk worse than a homeless drunk in July but they did not turn over the ball 5 times in a road palyoff game- the Patriots did. :bricks:

It's (sadly) that simple. :(

Last edited:
Calls or no calls, you don't turn the ball over 4 times (throwing out the desperation INT when everybody and thier mother knew we had to air it out) and expect to win. The PI call was crap, but if Faulk don't fumble one play before that on 2nd and 2, we don't deal with that. Bailey fumbled the ball out of bounds, but if Brady doesn't force a throw, we are looking at 3 points on the board, instead of having to do at best case scenrio if the play was called right, another 80 yard drive after we had a decent drive killed by the INT.

It was our fault, plain and simple. We shot ourselves in the foot too many times handing Denver the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes