PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who deserves a/another ring on this roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

English Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
There are alot of players on this roster that have never won but deserve one and there are those that have one but their contributions merit another one.

I always said it was a travesty that Moss doesn't have one so if we don't make the Superbowl this year and the 49ers do then i hope they win so he gets one to end his career on.

As for our roster who would that player be for you? I know that alot of you will say Wes but personally I think Big Vince 110% deserves another for all he has done and being the true leader and heartbeat of our D. Highly highly consistent player at an elite level and whilst i'm glad he got one in '04 i think due to the heartbreaks of 07 and last season where he was the real leader on D in both SB losses that another one would be justice for him.

No one deserves anything. But if I had to pick one, Brian Waters.

Brady and Belichick.

Maybe Welker.

You only deserve a ring by going out and earning one. Playing well, and contributing to something less than a Championship team does not make you deserving of a Championship you didn't earn.

No one deserves anything. But if I had to pick one, Brian Waters.

Why say that? Vince was immense against the Giants TWICE and that **** we call a secondary let him down despite the 'win together lose together' mentality in press conferences.

Why say that? Vince was immense against the Giants TWICE and that **** we call a secondary let him down despite the 'win together lose together' mentality in press conferences.

Thats what win together lose together means:confused:

Matt Kopa, of course.

Thats what win together lose together means:confused:

I'm not having that sorry, Brady and the offense puts you in a position to win with barely any time left, the D gets huge pressure on Eli and he's virtually sacked and just lobs it up and you somehow let a scrub receiver catch it off his helmet? That's not on the D-Line that's on the secondary just like last February also.

Stephen Gostkowski. But he needs to boot a couple of big ones in well, the big one. A clutch, game on the line situation. He's not considered elite, nor is he known for his leg strength. He's reliable, but not spectacular, and that's exactly how Vinatieri was for us in his first few years on the team. Gostkowski needs a ring, and a game won by his leg to get out of Vinatieri's shadow. Every time he's mentioned, it's about how much he's going to have to do to replace #4.

Definitely Ghost.

If you want to blame someone on that last drive, i'd go with ninkovich for going offside on 3rd and 7, making it 3rd and 2. However, the Giants still had to make a play and they did. It's easy to blame the secondary as a whole and there's so many what ifs. But you have to accept the close wins as well as the close losses. Tuck rule anyone?

It is what it is. That's what BB preaches, TB preaches, the whole team preaches and life preaches. Otherwise, your life is just sad and full of what ifs and regrets. Learn from the past, live in the present and hope for the future.

Brady, Tom Brady, Tom Freakin' Brady, TFB, Tommy Boy, and Thomas Edward Patrick Brady.

If you want to blame someone on that last drive, i'd go with ninkovich for going offside on 3rd and 7, making it 3rd and 2. However, the Giants still had to make a play and they did. It's easy to blame the secondary as a whole and there's so many what ifs. But you have to accept the close wins as well as the close losses. Tuck rule anyone?

It is what it is. That's what BB preaches, TB preaches, the whole team preaches and life preaches. Otherwise, your life is just sad and full of what ifs and regrets. Learn from the past, live in the present and hope for the future.

I never look back but just merely stating that it was the secondary that gave up both ridiculous catches against the Giants in both SB's.

As for the future, i got us booked for the SB and in all likelihood if the D keeps progressing nicely then winning it also. Last year i wasn't saying this.

I align myself with those in this thread who have said that no one "deserves" a ring.

The players who make the plays and win the game are those who "deserve" the ring. I remember how mad I got after SB XXXVI when haters said that Brady and the Pats didn't "deserve" the Lombardi, while Warner and Faulk and even the Raiders did.

I have a lot more empathy for great players who play for teams that aren't quite good enough to get to the SB and so never even get a chance to play in the big game than I do for players who get there and, for whatever reason, come up short.

Earl Campbell, Eric ****erson, Deacon Jones and Barry Sanders are all greats and HOF'ers who never even played in the big game. If rings were a matter of "deserving," I'd say that any one of them "deserves" it more than any player on the Pats who's never won one.

Every member of this year's Pats team who played in SB XLII or XLVI had a (very good) chance to win one, but didn't. 2012 isn't a matter of "deserving" it for any of them; it's another chance to win one and, therefore, deserve it.

Last edited:
I never look back but just merely stating that it was the secondary that gave up both ridiculous catches against the Giants in both SB's.

As for the future, i got us booked for the SB and in all likelihood if the D keeps progressing nicely then winning it also. Last year i wasn't saying this.

I digressed. LOL. But basically, my point was that they giants still had to execute and they did.

No offence(lol):ukflag:.....Bollocks.....Dumb thread:bricks:

Stephen Gostkowski. But he needs to boot a couple of big ones in well, the big one. A clutch, game on the line situation. He's not considered elite, nor is he known for his leg strength. He's reliable, but not spectacular, and that's exactly how Vinatieri was for us in his first few years on the team. Gostkowski needs a ring, and a game won by his leg to get out of Vinatieri's shadow. Every time he's mentioned, it's about how much he's going to have to do to replace #4.

Definitely Ghost.

I would say 7th all time in FG% is elite. Not his fault he has not had a chance to win the big one. Besides AV do you know how many kickers have had a "big" one in the big one. Yeah 3 (Jim O'brien and Scott Norwood).

You become spectacular by having a lot of game winning attempts. During AV years the Pats played a lot more close games.

I never hear AV mentioned anymore when talking about Gostkowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down