Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who Dat? WHO CARES?! (subtitle: Discuss ANYTHING BUT Pats@Saints)

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by patriots pam, Dec 3, 2009.

1. patriots pam

patriots pam Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In what is quickly becoming a great new tradition on this forum :)D), I present another of my threads dedicated to discussing anything but the current sore subject. I was going to say sore subject "du jour" but that of course is French, and a certain presently unmentionable area of this fine country has a heavily French influenced culture...so big no, no on that.

Of course, as the season winds down, I'm hoping to have no more sore subjects to stuff deep down in the vault-of-pretending-it-never-happened, but for now...

No S*****. Nothing even remotely related. Not the Pope. No crawfish. No etoufee. No Mardi Gras. No swamps. No Emeril or even the lovable and dearly departed Justin Wilson. Alright, now you know the rules...get to it!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. PatsfanGlo

PatsfanGlo On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All I can say for this week is thank God for Tiger and New Jersey Nets. Otherwise, all you'll be hearing is demise of Pats and fall of BB on TV. Oh wait....I read that on this forum...nevermind...

3. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Howzabout we talk about Christmas and ol' SAINT Nick? I mean, come on, he's a good guy and maybe he'll bring us frikkin' playmaking gusto for an early present.

4. patriots pam

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is close to breaking the spirit of the thread rules, but since I agree with you on that, I'll let it go this time! :D Actually, I live near Orlando and know where Tiger lives. If I thought I had a chance of sneaking in there, I'd do a drive by and throw a personal thank you note on his lawn, or something. Then again, maybe not such a good idea even if I could...:eek:

You are dancing on a thin line there, mister! Don't make me start one-starring your threads, too! :mad: :p The wish for frikkin' playmaking gusto is a good one, though!

5. SmokeShowin

SmokeShowin Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

What great weather! 70 degrees!!! Took the motorcycle out for a spin. That don't mean much since I had it out yesterday too and it was only 40. :D

6. Modest

Modest Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Taylor and Tate are going to be awesome when they're back.

7. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Can we talk about how bad Hurricane Katrina was to a certain area 3 years ago?

8. Its_The_Patriots

Its_The_Patriots Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Can you guys and gals believe we got some snow here yesterday in Texas? It's very rare that this happens. People here think it's just the most awesome thing, when in reality it really is! :D lol

Looks like we may get some more tomorrow.

9. patriots pam

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sure we can. Hurricane Katrina did pass through the certain area known as southern Florida, however, as you can see from the graphic, it was not that bad. Only a Category 1 hurricane at worst. As a Florida resident, I can tell you that we barely blink an eye over a Cat 1 around here. What happened to it after that, I don't quite recall ATM. Much, much worse was the 1992 Hurricane Andrew, which devastated the Homestead area in Southern Florida.

[​IMG]

10. Colts Troll

Colts Troll Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Weather sucks here. About 34 and rainy lately. Blah.

11. Liverpool_Patriot

Liverpool_Patriot Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maroney still running hard. Hopefully keeps improving for the playoffs...

12. FloridaHerb

FloridaHerb Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah Katrina wasn't too bad in Fort Myers but Hurricane Charley hit the area hard! Category 4......
    ......wonder if Charlie Weis could have done some damage Monday Night...crap! Did I break the rules?

13. patriots pam

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Agreed! Just needs a little work with his newly acquired case of fumble-itis, but otherwise I have been really pleased with his play of late!

Also, with Sammy Morris now back amongst the active (presumably still), and the imminent return of Fred Taylor, I'm really looking forward to strong running game being part of the offense. Make. It. Happen. BB! :singing:

14. patriots pam

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hmmmm...probably, but since I sympathize with your plight during Charley, I'll let it go. :D My area was impacted pretty heavily, but not quite as bad as yours. That was quite the season, eh? Three hurricanes coming through in what...about 4 or so weeks? And a couple of tropical storms in there, too, IIRC. Yikes. But it's December 3rd, so we're off the hook now until June 1 at least. :singing:

15. Sivy

Sivy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

The only hurricane victims I feel bad for are children and pets...Adults know fully well what area of the world they are moving into, and the risk that come along with it.

16. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +795 / 1 / -3

Since it's Thursday afternoon and 95% of the discussion is either still looking backwards, or looking five week forwards to playoff scenarios, it is about time to talk about the game that will be finished playing in 72 hours.

With that in mind, a few links behind enemy territory.

Official Team Website

Miami Herald
    South Florida Sun Sentinel

Fin Heaven

Phinz Mania
    Phins Central
    Phin Fever

Looks like they have some familiar topics, such as the offensive coordinator being questioned for his play calling, doubts on the offensive line due to an injury, second guessing a draft pick(s), concluding the season is over, etc. Also, Ted Ginn was apparently named special teams player of the month.

17. patriots pam

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the research and info, jmt57! Also, since I live in enemy territory, I can add from a first-hand POV that all the Fish fans I know are less than delighted about probably being victims of the Pats wrath this Sunday. And I am certainly hoping that they get exactly what they're fearing, and then some! They're my friends, but sorry, all is fair in love and football! So...GO PATS!

18. TennesseePatriot

TennesseePatriot On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Woah. Harsh.

19. TennesseePatriot

TennesseePatriot On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I laughed at this. Really a good one! :singing:

20. FloridaHerb

FloridaHerb Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately I'm not exactly off the hook...I moved to Indiana this March so I'm completely surrounded by Colts fans...really nice people, you'd like them if they weren't wearing Manning jerseys all the time...

Speaking of games not to be mentioned, I was there for uhm...you know.... and now I present an exclusive picture of Al Michaels picking his nose! Ok he's not exactly picking it in the photo but I assure you there was booger mining going on before and after said pic... 162.jpg