PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who covers who on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
How is BB going to play this one.

They have 4 weapons in D Thomas, J Thomas, Sanders and Welker and I expect a lot of 3 WR sets on Sunday. I'd rather play man most of the time than zone because we need to jam receivers and disrupt Peyton's timing.

If it's man, I assume it will be Browner on JT, Revis on DT, Ryan on Sanders and then Arrington/Dennard on Wes. Or you could go Browner on DT and Revis on Sanders and take your chances on JT with a linebacker

As Bedard pointed out, they cannot go man the entire time against Manning. So I think who covers who is a bit irrelevant.

The Seahawks shutdown Manning with press zone coverage. The Pats have done it that way in the past. They need to knock Manning's receivers off their routes, but it doesn't necessarily need to be in man coverage.

As Bedard pointed out, they cannot go man the entire time against Manning. So I think who covers who is a bit irrelevant.

The Seahawks shutdown Manning with press zone coverage. The Pats have done it that way in the past. They need to knock Manning's receivers off their routes, but it doesn't necessarily need to be in man coverage.

Yes, but i;m not sure we have the pass rush of the seahawks or as good coverage LBs as the past.

If you watch those old games or Colts/Jets you'll see Peyton avoiding Wayne the whole game because Revis is covering him. I expect Revis to cover DT 90% of the game

Yes, but i;m not sure we have the pass rush of the seahawks or as good coverage LBs as the past.

If you watch those old games or Colts/Jets you'll see Peyton avoiding Wayne the whole game because Revis is covering him. I expect Revis to cover DT 90% of the game

If you go back and watch the Super Bowl again, there were a lot of plays where Manning had plenty of time to throw but he missed the receiver by a mile because he is all about timing routes and throwing the ball to where the receiver is going to be and not throwing to him. You slow up the receivers just a little bit and they are likely not going to be where they are supposed to be.

If you go back and watch the Super Bowl again, there were a lot of plays where Manning had plenty of time to throw but he missed the receiver by a mile because he is all about timing routes and throwing the ball to where the receiver is going to be and not throwing to him. You slow up the receivers just a little bit and they are likely not going to be where they are supposed to be.

Agreed, he's a rythmn QB with a quick release. It's why in cold weather he's worse because plays take longer to develop. It will be fun to see what BB has planned

True the only difference is Seattle had/has a legitimate pass rush. Without pressure Manning can reset his throws regardless if his receivers get slowed or rerouted.. Coupled with the fact of the tougher illegal contact rules.Its a tough order to stop them.

True the only difference is Seattle had/has a legitimate pass rush. Without pressure Manning can reset his throws regardless if his receivers get slowed or rerouted.. Coupled with the fact of the tougher illegal contact rules.Its a tough order to stop them.

Again, there were plenty of times vs. the Seahawks where Manning could have eaten a ham sandwich and still overthrew receivers. A lot of his passes are thrown quickly and to a spot and the pass rush is irrelevant. That is the thing with a QB and timing passes, the ball is out of his hands before the receivers complete their routes.

I never said it was easy to stop him. Granted the Jets had a relatively easy time of it a few weeks back and if Geno Smith and the Jets' offense wasn't so bad, the Jets probably would have held that offense under 20, but Manning had 12 drives to score 24 points.

I had a feeling that BB would go with Browner on DT and Revis on Sanders. Great coverage game for Collins as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing