Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thechris

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Seems like there are a bunch of offensive weapons for Brady this year. Who do you think will have the most receptions out of this group?

I'm guessing Hernandez.

hernandez for receptions but i wouldn't count out tate in terms of more yards

That was a no brainer, being that I'd put him ahead of Moss. Don't be alarmed now, Moss's catches will hopefully be of the devastating game changing variety, but i see Hernandez as a bread and butter move the chains machine.

Hate to say that about a rook, but he seems to have the no worries type of personality that will allow him to hit top form early.

Oh boy, I'm really projecting here.;)

oo tough one, good poll. Price is a huge longshot, so that narrows it to 3. Tate still has to prove to me he can get on the field and play, but he has the skills. I'm going to go with an underdog pick here and say Holt. I think being a vet he'll get quite a few balls early in the year for sure and I just don't see Hernandez or Tate distancing themselves enough at their positions to surpass him.

While I'm very high on Hernandez, I don't think his role will increase to the point where he catches more passes than the rest until 2011, should there be a season. I don't think Price is going to see much time on the field this year. So it's between Holt and Tate. As of right now, just based on what I know (which are TC reports and what Brady has said about Tate), I have to go with Tate here.

It was between Hernandez and Tate for me, I said Hernandez. But if Kontra votes against his boy from Florida, I think I will have to agree with someone more knowledgeable than me. If Tate is as good as advertised and takes over the 3rd receiver spot, I can see him taking advantage of single coverage ALL season. OTOH, if he produces and teams take notice, we could possibly see 2007 type offensive numbers for Brady and Moss. Obviously, the offense is going to be different, but Brady + options = a whole lot of points.

Getting ahead of myself a little? Yes.

Is it realistic that Tate could surpass the contribution that Stallworth gave in 2007? Yes.

Wow kinda surprised everyone is so high on Hernandez.

I picked Torry Holt (safe pick I know). He's a vet and I think he'll finish the season with about 40 catches probably 3rd or 4th on the team (behind Moss, Welker, Edelman, maybe Faulk).

I think the other three combine for about 65 catches.

i said Holt, Hernandez, is takeing watson, spot as the speed. TE watson only had 29 rec last year. on a team that had no real #3 WR i think Hernandez, will have 15 to 20 rec for about 300 yards

Wes Welker, Randy Moss, and Julian Edelman, will have 70 to 80% of the rec on the team. Alge Crumpler, and Rob Gronkowski, will be on the field most of the time as blockers and red zone targets.

This team will be better on the O side, because of the TE's... thus Hernandez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes