Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who Cares About Soldiers?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jul 2, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +783 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

http://bluestarchronicles.com/2006/07/01/nobody-cares-about-soldiers/

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +495 / 2 / -9

Because they hate Bush.

If Fonda Kerry were running the war they would all be joining the Army.

Hollywood would be selling "War Bonds"

"Thats Right Harry" :rocker:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  4. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Who cares about the soldiers??

Not George Bush.

When asked to comment about the 2,500 dead American boys, George Bush's spokesman Tony Snow shrug and said, "It's just a number."

If the man who sent the 2,500 dead American boys to their death consider these dead soldiers as mere statistics, it shouldn't be a surprise that the soldiers feel that nobody cares about them.

5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Sorry fool, you are the one brainwashed by left wing websites and idiots on talk radio, like that fool Ed Shultz. You need to wake up and see what you and your kind is doing to this country, tearing it apart for political gain. You and your kind is the ones always mentioning blue and red. This is the UNITED States of America, not the red and blue DIVIDED states of America that you try to convince everyone of. Your buddies the liberal elitists could not believe that such a simpleton could beat 2 stuffed shirts like he did, now it is thier sole goal to tear us down, and you are a pawn and they are playing you well, what a sucker you are.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +783 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/008754.php

7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

:wha:

mikey is a fa king liar, never seen that coming:cool:
  8. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.depresident.com/george-bush-wmd-joke-video.asp

It's the president's action that are hurting this country.....
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

The President has met with many of the families, inprivate rrahter than making a specitale or photo op out of it. That will be hard for many to understand. You may not like him or his policies, but he is a decent man.
  10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Yeah it was a stupid joke(BTW, happened over 2 years ago), that doesn't mean what we are trying to accomplish in Iraq is wrong. Why are you bringing that up now? Are you trying to unite everyone?

Have you heard what has come out of the mouths of democrats?

I don't like bloggers, but this one pretty much nailed it!

http://www.epinions.com/content_4140998788
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Do you have a link or are you just speculating again.
  12. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That was a good article FBN, sums up alot of what I feel about posts in here. People adamantly say they support the troops but are the first ones in line to slander them in order to point out the bad of the adminstration.

You're wasting your breath posting it, no one listens to anyone else in here. How can we talk when 9 out of 10 believe "It's my own point of view and your stupid for thinking otherwise." Everything is dismissed as party talking points, neo-conservatism, overt liberalism, etc, etc.

Anyway, thanks for posting the article I enjoyed reading it.
  13. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think Bush is a decent man, although I disagree with 90% of his policies.

But he is a man who started a war and sent our soldiers into danger. His opponents say bring the soldiers home.

So who is most concerned about their lives--those who want them fighting a war or those who want them home?

Frankly, I think it is despicable for some to claim that Bush's opponents don't care about the soldiers. They have great respect for the soldiers who are risking their lives in the service of the country. I certainly feel that way and so does every other Liberal I know. It is annoying, even mystifying, to be accused of feelings you don't have.

My argument is not with the men in uniform. My argument is with the men in business suits. Is this too subtle to grasp?

The Right complains that the Left is dividing the country. But it is the Left's country exactly as much as it is the Right's.

There is nothing anti-American about criticizing or opposing the President. George Bush is not America. He is the caretaker of the government. He'll be gone in two years.

America is Right and Left, past and future Presidents, all who have fought to make us a free nation and a democracy, both in wars and in politics. It is all who have gone before us and all who will come afterward.

It is the duty of any American with convictions about the future of the country to make his or her views known. It is their duty to speak out especially if they believe the current administration--any current administration--has embarked on a course of action that could weaken us or do us damage. Our DUTY. If we keep quiet while a President steers America into the rocks, we are not acting as responsible citizens.

We should start with the realization that we all want America to succeed and prosper, in peace. It is when we lose sight of this that polarization and division begins.

The name-calling, the accusations, the stereotyping, the selective deafness, the contempt-by-slogan, the open hostility must stop. Otherwise, we won't need the terrorists to destroy us. We will do it ourselves.

Is there anyone on the Right in this forum who's willing to meet me halfway, who's willing to listen and consider courses of actions on their merits, not their politics? If there is, I pledge to offer you the same courtesy.
  14. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mainefan, that was one the best posts in here ever.

I'll listen. What do you suggest?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

No I don't BS like many here:

First via Marine Corp Newsroom from Marineparents.com
    http://www.marine-corps-news.com/2006/06/sacrifice_in_iraq_leads_to_vis.htm

from US News and World Report:
    link: http://www.usnews.com/usnews/opinion/baroneblog/columns/barone_050816a.htm

16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

What the hell does Cindy have to do with this. He has met with families of soldiers before and after Sheehan.
  17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Try to folow the thread I was asked by scout about my asertation that Bush meets privatly with the famikies of slain soldiers. I provided links, Sheehan is/was irrelevant to the point.
  18. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

bmf31c, I would start with three suggestions:

First, let's stop indulging ourselves--for that's what we're doing--by name-calling. Saying that posters (or politicians) are evil, stupid, unpatriotic, blind, etc. rarely results in agreement. This kind of emotional flag-waving just emphasizes differences.

Second, let's try to be logical in our arguments, rather than emotional. Let's give reasons for our suggestions or our disagreements.

Finally, when someone on the opposite side makes a sensible or interesting point, let's admit it. This shows an open mind and identifies common ground.

I make these suggestions hopefully...can we do it?
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  19. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It sounds good..but it's trench warfare. No one is going to come to the middle. Trying to have a sensible conversation in here is all but impossible. All of the one's I had, have been via PM.

To everyone else...prove me wrong.
  20. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#1)What do you suggest, we should do in iraq?
    #2)When will the iraq military and police be able to controll the violence on their own?
    #3) And if the iraqi's are able to controll the violence, what to do with the U.S. troops?