PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Breaks Out? (Harper, Dobson or Martin)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which Under-the-Radar WR Will Break Out?

• Aaron Dobson

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Chris Harper

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • Keshawn Martin

Votes: 57 48.7%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 14 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread. Edelman has pretty much been playing on the outside as a possession receiver as Amendola wasn't able to make an impact there. I kind of like Harper the most, but Martin is proably more of your natural outside WR and will probably be more impactful this week. I would like to see what Harper would do and I hope he gets some playing time.

I think we feel the exact same way. I think Harper has A LOT of upside. He is so fast out of breaks, and would be great for screens.

I think Keshawn right now is a lot like Deion Branch (like previously mentioned).

Dobson we have kept him around for what could be its put up or shut up
With our luck he will be diagnosed with Laryngitis over the weekend.....and we will have to wait another $&@^*! Week to find out!!!!!! :))

Unfortunately part of it is that BB HATES to admit that HE was wrong during a draft or trade a lot of times.....that is why Chad Johnson was here for soooo long!!!

I went with Dobson. I saw him get behind defenders a few times in that Giants game. Something has to be there for the Pats to hang on to him so long.

Dobson has the size and skills, but not the heart and mentality.

I'm still hoping he breaks out. Ive been hoping for that since 2013 season when he had all those drops.
Unfortunately....he is probably going to go down as a bust.....

I'd go with Dobson, for this only reason: Brady went to him a couple times in the last drive against the Giants, (the fake spike and a deep pass) neither connected but it showed that Brady has some confidence in him.

He actually targeted him 4 times on that drive, with one completion on a quick out. TB was heavily pressured on each of the 2 deep passes, where he did appear to have some separation
---
play-by-play

(1:47 - 4th) J.Brown kicks 65 yards from NYG 35 to end zone, Touchback.
1st and 10 at NE 20
(1:47 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep middle to A.Dobson (L.Collins) [T.Wade]. NYG-L.Collins was injured during the play
(1:39 - 4th) Timeout #2 by NYG at 01:39.
2nd and 10 at NE 20
(1:39 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to B.LaFell
3rd and 10 at NE 20
(1:34 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep middle to B.LaFell
4th and 10 at NE 20
(1:28 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to D.Amendola to NE 32 for 12 yards (J.Casillas)
1st and 10 at NE 32
(1:08 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to R.Gronkowski to NE 39 for 7 yards (C.Dahl, D.Kennard)
2nd and 3 at NE 39
(0:47 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to A.Dobson pushed ob at NE 44 for 5 yards (D.Rodgers-Cromartie)
1st and 10 at NE 44
(0:42 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep right to A.Dobson [J.Pierre-Paul]
2nd and 10 at NE 44
(0:36 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to D.Amendola to NYG 45 for 11 yards (D.Rodgers-Cromartie)
1st and 10 at NYG 45
(0:21 - 4th) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to A.Dobson
2nd and 10 at NYG 45
(0:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to D.Amendola to NYG 36 for 9 yards (L.Collins)
3rd and 1 at NYG 36
(0:19 - 4th) T.Brady spiked the ball to stop the clock
(0:06 - 4th) Timeout #3 by NYG at 00:06.
4th and 1 at NYG 36
(0:01 - 4th) Stephen Gostkowski 54 Yd Field Goal

If Dobson gets the snAps..him. had 87 yards vs Buff in first meeting..hope we use him again

Unfortunately part of it is that BB HATES to admit that HE was wrong during a draft or trade a lot of times.....that is why Chad Johnson was here for soooo long!!!

Um, what?

Chad Johnson was here for one season.
Chad Jackson (if that's what you meant) was here for two, and he was hurt for most of that.

If anything, the opposite of what you said is actually true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back